The Meg DESTROYED Crazy Rich Asians At The Box Office... Why's The Latter Getting So Much More Love?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't seen either film and I don't mean to belittle the success and relevancy of Crazy Rich Asians, but it seems to be getting almost all the attention and people are saying it was the ideal movie to end the Summer blockbuster season on, yet The Meg was the more successful one. Drew a much bigger audience.

The Meg: 475 million in four weeks
Crazy Rich Asians: 149 million in three weeks

Why is The Meg being so underrated?

Because crazy rich asians has to do with racial inclusion. And liberal america loves that bullshit

I've never even heard of Crazy Rich Asians. I saw the Meg at the cinema. Of course it did well at the box office. It's a no brainer, big shark movie with Jason Statham. It was 5/10. But I knew that before I saw it. I still had to see it because it's a freaking big shark. Same with the Jurassic World movies. The new one sucked but I still had to see it because dinosaurs.

I’m pretty sure Harold and Kumar did more for Asians than that movie.

Incidentally, Harold currently has a movie out of his own.

I haven't seen either film and I don't mean to belittle the success and relevancy of Crazy Rich Asians, but it seems to be getting almost all the attention and people are saying it was the ideal movie to end the Summer blockbuster season on, yet The Meg was the more successful one. Drew a much bigger audience.

One movie cost 180 million to make while I think the other cost just 20 or 30 million

Any movie with a minority cast these days is automatically one of the greatest movies ever made...I only saw the Meg, but my gf said CRA was good, but then again she's Asian lol...

I thought they banned your racist ass.
How is that racist. Its true. The market wants racial inclusion. Hence why people were complaining that there wasnt enough blck winners at the oscars, the next year there was a slew of them to compensate. Supply and demand.

When are you people going to stop throwing around the “racist” Title so liberally like its an insult or something

Last edited:

the MEG was produced from the outstart to be a blockbuster hit. Crazy Rich Asians is a book adaptation with low box office expectations and turned out to be a massive hit- the biggest romantic comedy in like 20 years.

Your point? A movie costing more doesn't mean more people will go see it.
The point is you were saying Meg is underated because it made more money. A movie operating on a much smaller budget and having a bigger return gets more people talking than a full blown overbudget Michael Bay type film. Also you were comparing world wide figures rather than domestic numbers

How is that racist. Its true. The market wants racial inclusion.

When are you people going to stop throwing around the “racist” Title so liberally like its an insult or something
Because it’s considered “bullshit” to you. Anyway, I thought they banned you.

Because Crazy Rich Asians warns you what youre in for right in the title, Asians muthafucka, lots of em
The Meg tricks your unsuspecting ass into going to the theater thinking its a white mans movie and then sneaks about a billion of them little Chinese fuckers into the picture without telling you
Thats why!

the MEG was produced from the outstart to be a blockbuster hit. Crazy Rich Asians is a book adaptation with low box office expectations and turned out to be a massive hit- the biggest romantic comedy in like 20 years.

Sweet.

I'll check it out.

Because it’s considered “bullshit” to you. Anyway, I thought they banned you.
It is bullshit. Taste is subjective and to me its shit of the bull. If your film has racial undertones simply for the sake of viewership, its lame to me

It is bullshit. Taste is subjective and to me its shit of the bull. If your film has racial undertones simply for the sake of viewership, its lame to me
The problem is the MEG is supposed to be a mega hit. Crazy rich Asians is a romantic comedy and it isn’t supposed to appeal to people as your self in the alt-right community.

The problem is the MEG is supposed to be a mega hit. Crazy rich Asians is a romantic comedy and it isn’t supposed to appeal to people as your self in the alt-right community.
Its supposed to appeal to liberal america. Like i said. People who love illusory bullshit like yourself. Take a breather, babygirl

It far exceeded expectations, though - Box office analysts thought it would only do about 20-25 million domestically its first weekend and it did 44 million (146 worldwide.) They clearly thought it wouldn't do close to 400 million for its overall run, which it needed to in order to make a profit and now its done well beyond that.

Back