THE LION KING (First Reactions)

It deserves to be successful because of the hard work that’s gone into it. I however will pass on seeing it. I’m just not a fan of this trend of live action remakes. It’s practically the same movie so yeah..Again I hope it’s successful and people enjoy it, I just think Disney’s gotten a bit lazy.

I'll be watching this for nostalgia alone. Still holds up as the greatest animated movie of all time in my opinion. While I'm certainly one to critizice Hollywood's lack of originality, this looks dope. Glad they brought back Darth Vader to play Mufasa. Will they remake all the original songs?

Gonna merge this @Dragonlordxxxxx ?

Looks great. People who don't see this are stupid people.

Taking my kids to see this.
Not sure who's more excited.

End Game but Lion King will be better.
I'm not so sure. Disney animation usually crushes it, add the fact that most people that grew up in the 90s will wanna see it as well, it's hitting two very important demographics. Think both have the opportunity to break records and they won't overlap

I'm not so sure. Disney animation usually crushes it, add the fact that most people that grew up in the 90s will wanna see it as well, it's hitting two very important demographics. Think both have the opportunity to break records and they won't overlap

I just think End Game will beat it because it's like the "end" of these 20 something movies. I know they're still continuing it but it's like wrapping up a big part. I don't even care about Marvel lol but I've seen maybe 10 of them. For the most part they're all very similar.

I grew up on the cartoon movie as well, and see it as an absolute masterpiece of a movie. From the cast, to the animation, to having one of, if not the best musical scores in movie history.

I hold the first one in such high regards and am still excited to see this. The movie looks beautiful. Kids nowadays are growing up in the age of a newer media than us, and I am not holding that against this movie. Would I have liked the original cast? Of course. Am I mad? Nope.

Like other have said before me: I am all over this movie and taking my kids to see it.

https://www.quora.com/Was-Scar-from-the-Lion-King-the-good-guy
Was Scar from the Lion King the good guy?

Mufasa was the villain in the Lion King.

Have you ever noticed that there are no other Male Lions in the pride lands except simba, scar and Mufasa? That is because Mufasa has banned all other male lions, it has been established many times that he is physically superior to Scar, he banned all of the competition to have everything to himself. In a small lion Pride it's normal to have one male lion and up to five or six female lions. But, this was a large pride where it's not uncommon for there to be up to five male lions and thirty females. Yet, that wasn't the case here. The king, only remained that way by making sure nobody ever grew to challenge him.

Mufasa tells Simba that everything the light touches is theirs, but he should never go to the Outlands. What's in the Outlands? The hyenas and other animals that Mufasa had banned from the area. There they were basically left to die. There was nothing for them to hunt and they were on the verge of starvation. The only reason they didn't die is because Scar would provide them with food.

Yes, Scar killed Mufasa, but what did he do after that? He led the Hyenas out of the dark. He didn't exile anyone from the tribe.While there was a drought during his reign, that's nothing he could control. Outside of the drought Scar had a rather uneventful rule that didn't negatively affect anyone. Yet what happened when Simba led the pride? He banned any lion that was still loyal to Scar including pregnant lionesses who had given Scar children. He left them to die. The same thing Mufasa did by sending the Hyenas to the Outland.

Scar was a ruler for the people. Mufasa stepped on others to get to power and literally ate people lower than him, and if they tried to leave they would die.

Have you ever noticed that there are no other Male Lions in the pride lands except simba, scar and Mufasa? That is because Mufasa has banned all other male lions, it has been established many times that he is physically superior to Scar, he banned all of the competition to have everything to himself. In a small lion Pride it's normal to have one male lion and up to five or six female lions. But, this was a large pride where it's not uncommon for there to be up to five male lions and thirty females. Yet, that wasn't the case here. The king, only remained that way by making sure nobody ever grew to challenge him.

Mufasa tells Simba that everything the light touches is theirs, but he should never go to the Outlands. What's in the Outlands? The hyenas and other animals that Mufasa had banned from the area. There they were basically left to die. There was nothing for them to hunt and they were on the verge of starvation. The only reason they didn't die is because Scar would provide them with food.

Yes, Scar killed Mufasa, but what did he do after that? He led the Hyenas out of the dark. He didn't exile anyone from the tribe.While there was a drought during his reign, that's nothing he could control. Outside of the drought Scar had a rather uneventful rule that didn't negatively affect anyone. Yet what happened when Simba led the pride? He banned any lion that was still loyal to Scar including pregnant lionesses who had given Scar children. He left them to die. The same thing Mufasa did by sending the Hyenas to the Outland.

Scar was a ruler for the people. Mufasa stepped on others to get to power and literally ate people lower than him, and if they tried to leave they would die.
<TheWire1>

Scar and Gaston are both Disney GOATS!

Howd they get the animals to do that?
27932192-silhouette-of-a-lion-taming-man-with-whip-and-chair.jpg

:(

Looks great...everything. I didn't see BatB remake in theaters and I doubt I will see Aladdin, but I'll be seeing this for sure. It's in good hands (Favreau) and he did a good job with The Jungle Book remake.

And the music. Hans Zimmer's best score, IMO has always been The Lion King.

And an epic fight:

Lmao that trailer was so fucking generic and devoid of any soul. It looked and felt like some shitty concept fan made film trailer. I hope you're all right, for the Lion Kings sake.

Lmao that trailer was so fucking generic and devoid of any soul. It looked and felt like some shitty concept fan made film trailer. I hope you're all right, for the Lion Kings sake.
You watch lots of fan made trailers with multi million dollar CGI budgets ?

Back