THE LION KING (First Reactions)

The Lion King was my favorite Disney film before. Until I realized they did Kimba wrong. And I'm not really a fan of Kimba.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/27/lion-king-kimba_n_6272316.html

Fucking hacks.

Sito explained that wasn’t necessarily the case. “Honestly, I think it’s seriously coincidence,” the animator said. “You know I’m not a spokesman for Disney, but I was there during all the story development and nobody consciously thought [about] that. I think when you do the kind of things that lions do, the grasslands and the kind of environment they’re in, and the type of props they would work with, trees and rocks and the other animals, I think some similarities are inevitable.”

translation: Disney paid me shitloads of money to look the other way. Not worth it to fight Disney anyway, they will drown you with the most expensive lawyers on earth.

Sito explained that wasn’t necessarily the case. “Honestly, I think it’s seriously coincidence,” the animator said. “You know I’m not a spokesman for Disney, but I was there during all the story development and nobody consciously thought [about] that. I think when you do the kind of things that lions do, the grasslands and the kind of environment they’re in, and the type of props they would work with, trees and rocks and the other animals, I think some similarities are inevitable.”

translation: Disney paid me shitloads of money to look the other way. Not worth it to fight Disney anyway, they will drown you with the most expensive lawyers on earth.
The Japanese studio opted out of suing because they can't afford it.

Is the cast mostly black? I hope so.

The Japanese studio opted out of suing because they can't afford it.
yeah, on an even playing field they should have stomped Disney in court. Marvin Gaye's estate won a lawsuit over Robin Thicke claiming this was plagiarized:

and its nowhere close to the blatant ripoff from Kimba.

Anyone else feel Jeremy Irons didn't get an invite because he is white? Feels like they want the Black Panther money a little too much by keeping this strictly a black thing.

Anyone else feel Jeremy Irons didn't get an invite because he is white? Feels like they want the Black Panther money a little too much by keeping this strictly a black thing.
I don't think Chiwetel Ejiifor will be able to deliver the same menace with Scar that Irons did.

I'll be watching this for nostalgia alone. Still holds up as the greatest animated movie of all time in my opinion. While I'm certainly one to critizice Hollywood's lack of originality, this looks dope. Glad they brought back Darth Vader to play Mufasa. Will they remake all the original songs?

Gonna merge this @Dragonlordxxxxx ?

Should have just saved some money and put a bunch of yellow paint on James Earl Jones.

Got a feeling I will get drag to see this one....

-_-'

I might watch this for the nostalgia alone. I remember begging my mother as a child to take me to see the original Lion King.

The wife is already making plans to take my two year old grandson..... No way I'll be able to worm my way out of it.

I feel for ya'
before 4 yrs old,
it's tough to get anything good outta this.

Grandpa gotta grandpa tho.

(past 6yrs old, just bring the kid to the pub)

Really wanted to hear Donald Glover as Simba. That's basically what got me onboard with the whole thing.

I read the synopsis. They clearly ripped off Black Panther.

How did they not get Jeremy Irons to play Scar?! Looks alright though, prob take the kids to see it.

Back