THE LION KING (First Reactions)

You watch lots of fan made trailers with multi million dollar CGI budgets ?

No, but I've seen ones that had more heart and soul than whatever that was without multi million dollar budgets.

What does budget have to with it anyway? Do you watch movies just for the multi million dollar CGI? If so, then you probably deserve a bad movie.

Last edited:
Oh gee that looks like first reactions of Twitter for every garbage movie.

Stoked. I can't remember being this excited for a movie as an adult. I can probably recite every line from the original.

Stoked. I can't remember being this excited for a movie as an adult. I can probably recite every line from the original.

I bought the DVD recently so I can show my son when he's old enough to watch shit lol then me and my buddy were drunk the other day and we watched it. It was great. I didn't finish it because I had work in the morning but evidently he finished the movie and the 30 pack.

Oh look another pointless Disney live action remake. Who needs new content when you can just milk nostalgia from saps.

Oh look another pointless Disney live action remake. Who needs new content when you can just milk nostalgia from saps.
Pointless? The point of a movie is to make money for the studio and this is going to be a huge success.
Disney’s big return to the Pride Lands looks to be a lucrative one. Jon Favreau’s high-profile remake of “The Lion King” is eyeing a massive $150 million opening when it hits theaters on July 19, according to early tracking.

Disney does have reason for optimism. For one, advanced ticket sales have been sky-high. Fandango reports that “The Lion King” is selling record numbers of presale tickets, outpacing fellow Disney remakes “Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin” and “The Jungle Book” at the same point in their sales cycles. It’s tracking only behind “Avengers: Endgame” in terms of advanced tickets for 2019 movies.

"Nostalgia from saps" is a secondary concern. It's primary audience are children who have never seen the original. Do you think you are more savvy about the industry than Disney's market analysts?

I can't wait to sit there and try to hold back tears as a realistic looking Mufasa dies.

Man, screw it. I'm gonna go full blown DC as soon as Circle of Life hits.
<DCrying>

Haven't been excited to see a movie in forever...can't wait to see this.

Yes I am quite pleased. If I'm being honest. I have never been entirely comfortable that my son was, how do I say this? Ferris Bueller.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hasn’t received great reviews.. That’s a bummer

Im kinda glad because it was an unnecessary remake. Its obviously a cash grab so i dont support it.

If they somehow did it with real animals, id be intrigued, but its cgi. Another toon, for christs sake.

Professional reviews have almost reached the point of being political and ideological statements at this point. Take a look at Aladdin on something like RT (despite its very flawed way of calculating its positive or negative score). The thing has a score of 50 something from the professionals, 90 something from audiences. I can't help but think that most of the people who perceive themselves as having a "professional" platform for reviewing are interested in making a political or artistic statement first, and saying whether you'll enjoy the movie or not second. I'd go in with an open mind since reviewers are repeatedly showing themselves to be wildly disconnected from the general audience at this point.

Professional reviews have almost reached the point of being political and ideological statements at this point. Take a look at Aladdin on something like RT (despite its very flawed way of calculating its positive or negative score). The thing has a score of 50 something from the professionals, 90 something from audiences. I can't help but think that most of the people who perceive themselves as having a "professional" platform for reviewing are interested in making a political or artistic statement first, and saying whether you'll enjoy the movie or not second. I'd go in with an open mind since reviewers are repeatedly showing themselves to be wildly disconnected from the general audience at this point.

The silver lining imo is at least it should calm the conspiracy theorists who think Disney rigs RT scores for marvel movies versus dc ones lol.

I'm just glad the One True Mufasa is still alive to reprise his role

Back