The Journey (Boxing Log)

Im not sure about this, so ask in D&S forum, but i think drinking too much water can also lead to problems. Possibly cramping. If you are not eating a whole lot, and are drinking a lot of water, i think i read that it will flush out all the nutrients and minerals that your body needs. So say you are only eating 1500 calories a day, but drinkin nearly 2 gallons of water a day, you might be pissing out more nutrients than you are getting in such few calories.

Im not sure about this, cant remember where i hear it, so maybe you should ask someone in D&S for a better/accurate explination. It could be completley false, but for some reason i think i read that somewhere.

Do you know Liu?

deep sea fishing?

I got Striped bass and Blue Fish mostly but this weekend I also went and stocked up on Bunker so I can fish the rest of the season and be lazy! I didn't catch aa thing as the fish bite is off due tot he unusually cooler then normal weather in NY right now. Next weekend is a huge Stripe bass tourney where you can win 25,000 first place so I hope that goes well. June 21 I'm going to be fishing for shark in another tournament. You Fish MS?

I know what you're saying I've read up a bit on it and I found maybe I need to take in more vitamins/green mixture. I do have to say it's not my calf so much as the left side of my calf muscle on the side of the leg. It gets so tight it starts cramping my foot even. I've stretched for a long time before working out and it's not doing anything. I'm getting really frustrated. I can't really put ni a good day of working out due to the damn limping I do when it acts up. I just push through most of the time but it's getting harder as the foot is now cramping just as bad as the leg. Maybe I will go and get some better shoes to workout in and see if that helps.

Im not sure about this, so ask in D&S forum, but i think drinking too much water can also lead to problems. Possibly cramping. If you are not eating a whole lot, and are drinking a lot of water, i think i read that it will flush out all the nutrients and minerals that your body needs. So say you are only eating 1500 calories a day, but drinkin nearly 2 gallons of water a day, you might be pissing out more nutrients than you are getting in such few calories.

Im not sure about this, cant remember where i hear it, so maybe you should ask someone in D&S for a better/accurate explination. It could be completley false, but for some reason i think i read that somewhere.

Do you know Liu?

5/19

Mark thinks his foot will fall off ( Stealing format from KING KABUKI's log):icon_twis

25 mins stretching (Worried about the damn calf cramping so did extra stretching)

1 Rounds jump rope

75 Jumping Jacks

25 - 8 count body builders

2 Rounds moving around ring

2 Rounds shadow boxing

1 round of going as fast as I can on the bag with little power just moing my shoulders and hands as fast as I can with my head resting against bag. I feel I need to get my shoulder used to the pain of being tired and keep pushing myself to keep throwing(Willie thought this was interesting and when I asked if he was against it he said lets see how my mitt work was afterwards and he'd let me know).

2 Rounds of mitt work. The reason it was only 2 rounds is because my left leg (rear leg) was cramping and causing my foot to cramp. It seems the outside Side of the calf is cramping bad. It feels like something inside the calf not the ctual big calf muscle is not used to the position possibly or the weight I'm putting on it. It feels a little bit better when I stretch my ankle but comes right back after I'm done stretching. Anyone else experience this because it' driving me nuts and getting me down.

35 sit ups

20 push ups

4 dips

35 medicine ball twists

35 Leg lifts

70 Rows on setting 5

55 Hump machines

Gym moments:Met one of the kids from the gym who just recently won his golden gloves. He's young maybe 14 or so. The kid is a monster in the ring. He just doesn't stop punching.

Is it the muscle to the left of the front of your shin? Like say you run your fingers down the front/shine bone. Is it the muscle directly to the left? The long kind of skinny one that runs the length of your shin and touchs right up against your shin bone? If so i have a similar problem. I think it is related to shin splints. My right calf cramps up on me prety easily and so does that one muscle. I think it stemmed from running in shitty running shoes on asphalt.

Google some running forum and ask in there, they probably have a lot of info about that kind of thing.

Also make sure you are not stretching too much, and that you are stretching the right way. Stretching before a warmup and stretching too long/too hard can make your problems worse.

Look into a book called "Stretching Scientifically" by Kurz. I think someone has done a writeup on it, maybe in the conditioning forum. Search for it on here and you can find some really good info.

Join a running forum or two and ask in there also, that would probably be your best source of info.

I got Striped bass and Blue Fish mostly but this weekend I also went and stocked up on Bunker so I can fish the rest of the season and be lazy! I didn't catch aa thing as the fish bite is off due tot he unusually cooler then normal weather in NY right now. Next weekend is a huge Stripe bass tourney where you can win 25,000 first place so I hope that goes well. June 21 I'm going to be fishing for shark in another tournament. You Fish MS?

Cool! I wouldnt call myself a fisherman. I'm one of those guys that goes once a year or so and probably gets laughed at by the people who actually know what they are doing. My dad and I have gone on a couple trips heading south towards mexican waters, and caught a bunch of albacore and yellow tail.

Regarding Cody's point about overhydrating, the veggies/green mixture wont do much, because when you drink too much water, what youre doing is flushing out the potassium and sodium from your system. You can get around that by adding gatorade powder or propel water powder into your water bottle. Its too sweet for me to do the whole serving, so Ill put a third of a serving or so in each 16oz bottle of water.

Thanks for reading guys and the input will be taken. I'm also looking into maybe going for a massage weekly in hopes it might help.

The muscle cramps on the side of my calf left leg on the left side. I don't know how else to describe it. it goes from my knee all the way down to mid calf and kills me.

Maybe instead of spending the money on a massage you could go to a "running doctor" and they can diagnose it and treat it for you. Might even be cheaper than a massage once a week.

He's not talking about THAT kind of massage...

Yea lucky you Martin, you live close enough to get one of those massages every day. My buddy lives in walnut creek and said it was some of the best "massage" he ever got.

Ive actually never had one stateside. I just tok advantage while in Asia. It would just be awkward if she could speak english...

A running doctor interesting... I will keep working out this week and see if it gets a little bit better. IF not I'll start to go down the list of what to do.

They could probably refer you to a reputable doctor at your local running store. If you guys have a Fleet Feet or something like that.

never heard of fleet feet... I have to look into something because I can't take this...tonight had a 30 minute workout and cramped so bad Willie told me to go home. He can visually see the cramps in my calf.

One thing you could try is systemic enzymes. There's a good blend called Rejuvezyme. Does wonders for inflammation. Cryogel might also help. I use both.

Thanks liu .. I will grab some and see if it helps. it's really becoming a problem when trying to train and I don't like going and doing a half assed session.

Hey when you are able to man id love to hear a little about your clothing line. I know you might not be able to say much, depending on how far along the process you are. But when you get to the point where you can talk about it id love to hear your plans and what its all about.

the clothing line is sick.. The main problem is I registered it (paid a lawyer and so forth) and come to find out after putting up a website and doing construction I get a call..from another attorney saying if I use the name I will be sued. Seems there is a small tiny company with the same name that didn't show up when I did my search.. and their attorney is huge in the trademark game..so back to naming it... round 2.

The line is amazing and new. Noone is selling it and it's softer then silk is all I can say right now. When everything goes through I will probably sponsor Sherdog and you'll all see it.(Thanks KK for the Idea).

I'll keep you guys informed of the developments.

Yea lucky you Martin, you live close enough to get one of those massages every day. My buddy lives in walnut creek and said it was some of the best "massage" he ever got.

WC...my old stomping grounds. "massages" are setting up ship allover WC.

Back