The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the thread page before starting a new one, class dismissed!

In an ideal world, Tommy knocks Jake out viscously and quick, and then retires with his money. Neither guy ever steps foot in a boxing ring again, and we can all get back to normal (apart from covid)

Happy days!

John Fury: Tommy had too much pressure on his shoulders when he performed last out and we need to find a way to make him more relaxed.

Also John Fury: If Tommy loses to Jake Paul, he is no longer a Fury, I will disown him and he will have to retire.

CLASSIC Big John <45>

So he had too much pressure on his shoulders last time, and now he has to deal with possibly being ostracised from his family if he loses. Surely that’s just piling even more pressure on. Nice work John

LFG! I am amped for this! I think Jake has bitten off possibly more than he can chew and many people are sleeping on Tommy because he did not KO Taylor over a measly 4 rounds, but they forget May could not even KO Conor over 9, Cunningham could not KO Mir over a full fight, ole man Spider beat Chavez and Artem even beat Paulie. KO'ing an in shape pro MMA fighter that just wants to survive is not an easy thing to do.

The odds will likely be very good as there are many have got honey dicked by this "Tommy is not good" talking point, where as Jake has literally never faced someone that has won a boxing match. You cant make up decades worth of boxing experience unless you have insane physical, athletic or age advantages, but Tommy has all of those.

Tommy has the better skills and is aggressive unlike Woodley, nobody is saying Tommy is the next big thing, or will be champion, my point is Tommy is more seasoned and will just stop Jake who is a amateur boxer that's still learning and makes amateur mistakes, Jake's the type of boxer that boxers like Tommy eat for breakfast and makes Tommy look good, he's easy picking because he isn't aggressive doesn't have head movement defense and just throws punches and backs up constantly, he did this against Woodley because Woodley wasn't aggressive and going after Jake, so Jake just looked good not doing anything himself, Tommy isn't like Woodley, he's aggressive and pressures other boxers he will go after Jake trying to stop him, Jake isn't fighting smaller fighters nor street fighters who don't know anything except striking he's facing someone that can knock him out easily and is aggressive, Tommy knows how to place his punches to stop Jake, it's not about if Tommy is Tommy Morrison, that's not my point, because he's not, it's the fact that Tommy is more seasoned and knows how to stop amateur reality star boxers like Jake.

Tommy will just overwhelm Jake with body and head shots and stop him, unless Jake just holds on for dear life, it won't be a contest, Tommy isn't Woodley who never was aggressive and is a wrestler Woodley isn't a boxer he's a striker, I picked Jake over Woodley and I am picking Tommy over Jake, Tommy will embarrass Jake letting him know he's not talented enough to become a professional boxer.
You bring up a great point: Jake really did not 'beat' TWood, infact, he was even the one much worse for wear. Rather, Woodley just gave that fight away by being his normal deer in headlights self. There are Sherbros who would have beat TWood that night, simply by throwing a few jabs and getting on a bike while watching TWood just stand there. Tommy will come to bang and has the footwork, traps and ring generalship tp corner Jake and finish the job.

Jake is one of these hype machines that wins a few hand picked match ups then it gets outta control, like Kimbo Slice. Problem is, sooner or later they have to fight a real fighter sooner or later. TWood is a fighter, but not a boxer. Tommy is going to be the Roy Nelson to Jake Paul's Kimbo, and when it is over everyone is going to be saying "how did we not see that coming"?

It went from everyone under rating Jake and over rating his opponents to everyone over rating Jake and under rating his opponent. The fact he is the hype machine but is the underdog for the first time ever should show what a great value Tommy provides. If Jake was the same exact boxer he is now but has no celebrity, Tommy is a -600 favorite.

Last edited:
That is litterally how top level pros start off too.
Plenty of top pros are fed cans or guys with losing records for a bit.

Exactly! So why does Jake get such shit? What is the difference? A can is a can. Only difference is, Jake Paul's cans are actually well known and can actually sell tickets that will fill up more than a gas station bathroom.

Fury is the one who is going backwards here. He should be getting shit on just as much, if not more

Please have Tommy better than -300. I really see this a one sided blood bath. Horrible fight for Jake. Nobody cares about Tommy, he’s a nobody stateside

Please have Tommy better than -300. I really see this a one sided blood bath. Horrible fight for Jake. Nobody cares about Tommy, he’s a nobody stateside

He's big on social media though. and that is Jakes moneymaker and point of difference. Pro boxer + hits Jake's demographic= good business. Also one of the things fans most wanted him to do- fight a boxer. (second to fuck off)

Exactly! So why does Jake get such shit? What is the difference? A can is a can. Only difference is, Jake Paul's cans are actually well known and can actually sell tickets that will fill up more than a gas station bathroom.

Fury is the one who is going backwards here. He should be getting shit on just as much, if not more
Fury is viewed as a reality star too. Also because Jake plays a villain & is a d-bag. As opposed to Tommy who seems humble, mild mannered, and classy.
Jake gets shit on because its by design. Its part of his gimmick.

lol you can’t see the difference? Jake hasn’t stepped foot in the ring with a boxer, or even a guy roughly his size & weight. The YouTube, ex basketballer and the 2 MMA fighters would likely all get beat by these ‘cans’ as they can all still fuckin box.
Guess what; he’s not getting shit for this fight because he’s actually fighting a boxer, his size. Something Tommy’s been doing since he turned pro. In fact what all pro boxers do!

Fury is viewed as a reality star too. Also because Jake plays a villain & is a d-bag. As opposed to Tommy who seems humble, mild mannered, and classy.
Jake gets shit on because its by design. Its part of his gimmick.

I just hate/ laugh when I hear " tommy fights real boxers" guys he fights are just as much as dog shit as Jake, they're just know by more than 2 people in the world

Tommy's last win was more pathetic than any of Paul's. Couldn't finish a much much smaller complete can.

You know when they bring the retarded kid out on the football field and nobody tackles him and everyone pretends that he ran for a touchdown?

That's kind of like Jake Paul's boxing career.

Except instead of everyone playing along because he's retarded, they play along because he is rich and famous on social media.

Fury will win pretty comfortably imo, I think people are mad jumping on Paul for this fight based from their last fights alone. Jake Paul may have had the better win but Fury has always displayed better footwork, speed, combinations and overall technical ability. Fury will finish Jake Paul I'm surprised the odds are so close , easy money to be made. Jakes footwork looks sloppy and his punches look laboured. Tommy has far more experience with his amateur background not to mention more fights as a pro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back