The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is the first fight that Paul has not been favored in. Meaning: he SHOULD have beat every fighter that he faced before. This is the first fight he should lose on paper. In alot of ways Tommy is the perfect opponent: hottest last name on boxing right now, same weight class, a pro boxer but not some insane 30-0 champ, but I still feel that this is a bridge too far for Jake at this point. Tommy has literally every advantage in his corner here.

as far as boxing bros go Tommy ain't no Bobby
but it's a massive step up for JP
he's got my respect if he takes it. gotta hope he doesn't go full Tyson and go pop tart mode like Junior.

Isn't this fight taking away from real boxers paydays & rankings ? unless Jake wants to turn professional shouldn't he just be fighting ex UFC fighters or retired boxers ? shouldn't the serious professional boxers get their paydays and be fighting each other ? this isn't necessary unless Jake is thinking about becoming a professional, seriously, otherwise it's just a show, because if he just gets blasted easily, then it's a waste of time.

Isn't this fight taking away from real boxers paydays & rankings ? unless Jake wants to turn professional shouldn't he just be fighting ex UFC fighters or retired boxers ? shouldn't the serious professional boxers get their paydays and be fighting each other ? this isn't necessary unless Jake is thinking about becoming a professional, seriously, otherwise it's just a show, because if he just gets blasted easily, then it's a waste of time.
Tommy isnt good. Theyre pretty close to one another imo, hence why there is such hesitation by both of them to sign the contract.

What do you think would happen if Tommy just jumps on Jake throwing combos in the first round ? Jake would get stopped easily, he doesn't have the training to avoid a big mans power punches especially from a boxer, Tommy isn't a small UFC striker, he's a real boxer with power and will just jump on Jake throwing combos to the head & body, Jake will just fall and get stopped in the first round or hold on for dear life, this is an amateur going against a boxer, it's a waste of time, Jake if he wants these exhibition paydays should be fighting Silva or other retired boxers like Tyson.

Tommy isnt good. Theyre pretty close to one another imo, hence why there is such hesitation by both of them to sign the contract.

Tommy doesn't have to be incredible to blast Jake out in one round, Tommy is a boxer and has more experience and training with size he's not your small UFC striker, even okay professional boxers can take out these reality fighters just starting in training that challenges welterweights and small UFC strikers there's a difference when your facing a guy your size that has had training in boxing and professional fights.

Tommy is better than Jake and has real experience going against better competition and has had more seasoning training, Jake will just run around covering up avoiding exchanges once he gets seriously hurt, then finally will just go down.

Seriously ? Jake has no technique defense, he just backs up gets hit and holds for dear life, then throws one punch and holds, Tommy would just keep the pressure and throw real power punches especially to the body, Jake would just get stopped.

Tommy doesn't have to be incredible to blast Jake out in one round, Tommy is a boxer and has more experience and training with size he's not your small UFC striker, even okay professional boxers can take out these reality fighters just starting in training that challenges welterweights and small UFC strikers there's a difference when your facing a guy your size that has had training in boxing and professional fights.

Tommy is better than Jake and has real experience going against better competition and has had more seasoning training, Jake will just run around covering up avoiding exchanges once he gets seriously hurt, then finally will just go down.

Seriously ? Jake has no technique defense, he just backs up gets hit and holds for dear life, then throws one punch and holds, Tommy would just keep the pressure and throw real power punches especially to the body, Jake would just get stopped.

Have you watched Tommy’s fights….? He just struggled vs a non-boxer MMA can lol.

Have you watched Tommy’s fights….? He just struggled vs a non-boxer MMA can lol.

Yes I have.

Jake can't fight we are talking about the size and skill, Tommy is more polished than Jake and will just chase after him throwing punches and Jake will just get stopped, he's fighting someone with a gas tank his size and is more seasoned, Jake isn't fighting street fighters and small UFC strikers that didn't even throw punches when he was champion Woodley wasn't ever real aggressive and just shadow boxed other UFC strikers he's a wrestler, he was never a busy striker, Tommy is a boxer that throws combos punches, Jake isn't some defensive wizard a boxing talent that started late and is blasting everyone away, he's a amateur fighter that was fighting nobodies to gain fame attention & challenge a UFC wrestler Woodley and won when the Woodley hasn't done anything for years except get beat.

I picked Jake over Woodley stating the same things and I am picking Tommy to stop Jake early unless Jake holds on for dear life avoiding the knock out.

Yes I have.

Jake can't fight we are talking about the size and skill, Tommy is more polished than Jake and will just chase after him throwing punches and Jake will just get stopped, he's fighting someone with a gas tank his size and is more seasoned, Jake isn't fighting street fighters and small UFC strikers that didn't even throw punches when he was champion Woodley wasn't ever real aggressive and just shadow boxed other UFC strikers he's a wrestler, he was never a busy striker, Tommy is a boxer that throws combos punches, Jake isn't some defensive wizard a boxing talent that started late and is blasting everyone away, he's a amateur fighter that was fighting nobodies to gain fame attention & challenge a UFC wrestler Woodley and won when the Woodley hasn't done anything for years except get beat.

I picked Jake over Woodley stating the same things and I am picking Tommy to stop Jake early unless Jake holds on for dear life avoiding the knock out.
So then why didnt Tommy easily knock out the MMA can he just fought? Theyre the same size btw.

Tommy is not a legit pro boxer. He fought some guys with some of the worst records you can find.
Anyway, I agree it's a step up in competition, since he is fighting a guy who actually trained boxing for more than a 6 week camp, is around his age, around his size and not stepping in the ring for the first time.

So then why didnt Tommy easily knock out the MMA can he just fought? Theyre the same size btw.

Do you believe Jake will be as aggressive use proper head movement and exchange with Tommy like Anthony did against Tommy, just because Anthony is a MMA fighter with a poor record doesn't mean he's not more seasoned then Jake is in boxing, he's aggressive has nice head movement and isn't afraid to exchange, he's more seasoned then Jake is, Jake isn't the type of boxer to exchange, he's a movement boxer that backs straight up gets hit then holds on, after the brake he's firing some shots, but he's been facing amateur fighters, Tommy will just back him up and keep firing punches, Jake will eventually get caught and go down, that's the fight.

Last edited:
Tommy is not a legit pro boxer. He fought some guys with some of the worst records you can find.
Anyway, I agree it's a step up in competition, since he is fighting a guy who actually trained boxing for more than a 6 week camp, is around his age, around his size and not stepping in the ring for the first time.

Tommy has the better skills and is aggressive unlike Woodley, nobody is saying Tommy is the next big thing, or will be champion, my point is Tommy is more seasoned and will just stop Jake who is a amateur boxer that's still learning and makes amateur mistakes, Jake's the type of boxer that boxers like Tommy eat for breakfast and makes Tommy look good, he's easy picking because he isn't aggressive doesn't have head movement defense and just throws punches and backs up constantly, he did this against Woodley because Woodley wasn't aggressive and going after Jake, so Jake just looked good not doing anything himself, Tommy isn't like Woodley, he's aggressive and pressures other boxers he will go after Jake trying to stop him, Jake isn't fighting smaller fighters nor street fighters who don't know anything except striking he's facing someone that can knock him out easily and is aggressive, Tommy knows how to place his punches to stop Jake, it's not about if Tommy is Tommy Morrison, that's not my point, because he's not, it's the fact that Tommy is more seasoned and knows how to stop amateur reality star boxers like Jake.

Tommy will just overwhelm Jake with body and head shots and stop him, unless Jake just holds on for dear life, it won't be a contest, Tommy isn't Woodley who never was aggressive and is a wrestler Woodley isn't a boxer he's a striker, I picked Jake over Woodley and I am picking Tommy over Jake, Tommy will embarrass Jake letting him know he's not talented enough to become a professional boxer.

Is it signed? When is it supposed to be? Shocked if Jake Paul does this. I realize Fury is no world-beater, but I thought Woodley might have made Jake see the light, so to speak. I didn't expect him to step up from there. He was lucky Tyron didn't have it in him to open up and the cardio to stick with it for a bit or JP was gone in that one.
I think Tommy Fury would wreck him and I think JP knows it.
Just my $.02.

Is it signed? When is it supposed to be? Shocked if Jake Paul does this. I realize Fury is no world-beater, but I thought Woodley might have made Jake see the light, so to speak. I didn't expect him to step up from there. He was lucky Tyron didn't have it in him to open up and the cardio to stick with it for a bit or JP was gone in that one.
I think Tommy Fury would wreck him and I think JP knows it.
Just my $.02.

He's just getting paid and doing what he loves and dreamed of doing, he gained confidence respect for beating Woodley but he will just get beat up knocked out facing Tommy, then Jake will go back to boxing retired lighter boxers or ex UFC fighters, for some nice checks, then be forgotten.

Do you believe Jake will be as aggressive use proper head movement and exchange with Tommy like Anthony did against Tommy, just because Anthony is a MMA fighter with a poor record doesn't mean he's not more seasoned then Jake is in boxing, he's aggressive has nice head movement and isn't afraid to exchange, he's more seasoned then Jake is, Jake isn't the type of boxer to exchange, he's a movement boxer that backs straight up gets hit then holds on, after the brake he's firing some shots, but he's been facing amateur fighters, Tommy will just back him up and keep firing punches, Jake will eventually get caught and go down, that's the fight.
Tommy may not be Canelo, but he is very solid. Taylor was not picked to be Jake Paul's main sparring partner because he is a pushover, he was picked because he is tough, seasoned and was on a similar level as Jake so he could push him. People that expected Tommy to simply fart and KO Taylor within a tiny 4 rounds just 'don't know shit about boxing'. i hope more people sleep on Tommy and keep thinking he is on the same level as Jake to make those odds even better.

Tommy is to Jake what Holly Holm was to Ronda or Seth Petruzelli was to Kimbo; aka the first time a manufactured and cherry picking hype machine takes on a legitimate challenge and should lose tho casuals think the hype job will win. You simply can not make up the boxing gap and experience edge Tommy has if you do not have some insane size/athletic/age difference, which Jake does not have. In fact, it is Tommy that has all the advantages in his corner aside from the likely home field advantage.

There no telling how Paul will deal with going from a big physical advantage to a small physical disadvantage. If he deals with it well I think he wins, but thats a big if. Interesting fight.

John Fury: Tommy had too much pressure on his shoulders when he performed last out and we need to find a way to make him more relaxed.

Also John Fury: If Tommy loses to Jake Paul, he is no longer a Fury, I will disown him and he will have to retire.

CLASSIC Big John <45>

Before their last fights i would of had Fury by KO easy...Just based off being a "real professional boxer."
After seeing Fury struggle to take out and look good against Jake's tiny sparring partner, I have no idea.
Think whoever has the better gas tank will win.
But how is he "real"? Just cause he fought some 3wins-110losses Can off the street begging for money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back