The Immortal Vs The Outlaw

Good fight maybe for Dan, not a good fight for Matt. He needs a top5-10 guy, preferably an opponent with a good wrestling pedigree. That fight will help him move in on a title shot, he doesn't need to fight anymore strikers who lack a ground game.

I agree he needs to be tested by a top 5-10 fighter who loves to grapple

I think Hardy has a few good fights left in him, but if your talking possible title shot for Brown, Hardy isnt the guy thats going to get him the shot.. I would watch that fight though.. To bad Fitch wasnt around would be a perfect test for Brown

As in Hector "The Outlaw" Lombard or Johnny "The Outlaw" Hendricks or Nick "The Outlaw" Diaz? Yes, agree completely!

I'm a big Dan Hardy fan, but I'd rather see Brown vs Condit. Hardy needs to return against a fringe 20ish ranked guy headlining a prelim or something.

Given where both guys are in their careers, no. Brown will be getting a much higher profile fight for sure

Dan Hardy has lost 4 of his last 6 fights with his only wins over a faded Bang Ludwig & Amir Sadollah, who will never be anything more than a gatekeeper. On top of that, Hardy hasn't fought in nearly 2 years. Why the hell would Dan Hardy deserve a match against a top ten fighter that's been consistently fighting, finishing & moving up the ranks? It may be an exciting hypothetical match up, but it makes zero sense right now.

Why do people pretend Dan Hardy is an exciting fighter just because Dana used to ramble on about it? He's pretty average.

His best fights were against Lytle and Condit, who have awesome fights against anybody, and even those weren't that spectacular. The Rumble and Swick fights were both terrible. His fights are no better on average than other random Welterweights like Court McGee or Seth Baczynski.

I like Hardy as a commentator and think he's already far better at the role than Florian. I'd be interested in seeing him do that more often than make a return to active competion.

Dan Hardy is barely relevant. He lucked his way into a title shot after four fights against mediocre competition (no offense, Swick), and has hardly been a factor in the division since then. Matt Brown has won seven in a row and deserves a top-ten opponent. Brown would have nothing to gain from this except a paycheck and probably a TKO win.

Back