The Immortal Vs The Outlaw

DjToon

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A fight that made sense for ages. Now, since Dan's been medically suspended (but it looks like it's going to be overruled shortly), and Matt has done somewhat of an emergence lately and moved rightfully up the rankings as a result. Still,, knowing Matt's willingness to fight anyone any time and both his and Dan's exciting styles, this would surely be a fight that plenty would tune in for.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
2 Immortals AND 3 Outlaws VS 1 Brock Lesnar

Last edited:
Hardy would win a close decision... I believe

Good fight maybe for Dan, not a good fight for Matt. He needs a top5-10 guy, preferably an opponent with a good wrestling pedigree. That fight will help him move in on a title shot, he doesn't need to fight anymore strikers who lack a ground game.

Hardy needs an easier comeback fight and Matt needs at least a top 10 opponent.
Doesn't really make sense for either guy.

Wasn't this supposed to happen before? I say it ends with Hardy laid out on the floor. It shouldn't happen because Matt deserves someone much higher in the rankings.....but I would like to see it because I think the clock is gonna strike midnight for Matt's Cinderella story when he fights a good wrestler, which he will. So if/when he loses, I hope they put this fight together.

Matts about to fight a title eliminator. How does a fight with Dan Hardy make sense?

Wasn't this supposed to happen before? I say it ends with Hardy laid out on the floor. It shouldn't happen because Matt deserves someone much higher in the rankings.....but I would like to see it because I think the clock is gonna strike midnight for Matt's Cinderella story when he fights a good wrestler, which he will. So if/when he loses, I hope they put this fight together.

Yeah, this was originally for the FOX Bendo and Melendez card. But Dan pulled out and a Mein replaced him a month after demolishing Dan Miller.

Matts about to fight a title eliminator. How does a fight with Dan Hardy make sense?

Because it would draw viewers and is an exciting pairing maybe? :icon_neut People were calling for him to be released not long ago and look at him now.

As much as I love Dan Hardy, this is not a fight he wants after a 20 month layoff. As much as Dan gets overlooked, he's 6-4 in the UFC which looks a whole lot better when you realise the 4 are GSP, Condit, Rumble (remember when Rumble used to make Welter occasionally? Madness) and Lytle (which admittedly was not a great performance). Hope he fights again, not going to be a Champion but certainly entertaining as.

That said, he's an excellent commentator. Hope he can do both.

Hardy would likely beat him.

But the fight makes no sense.

Having exciting fights makes no sense? :confused:

Ever hear of rankings?

Hardy doesn't deserve to fight Matt Brown at the point. Brown is on a 7 fight win streak, while Hardy has lost 4 of his last 6.

It's not just about excitement, it's about what makes sense.

Hardy needs an easier comeback fight and Matt needs at least a top 10 opponent.
Doesn't really make sense for either guy.

yeah. now if brown loses his next one (what will be his first top ten fight, right?) then it might make sense to put brown and hardy together. but i'm not even sure it makes sense given that hardy's been out for almost two years now. hardy might need a friendlier warmup.

Ever hear of rankings?

Yes, see earlier point

Hardy doesn't deserve to fight Matt Brown at the point.

Rankings wise I agree, however does not change the fact it would be a fan-favourite fight. Unless you prefer to watch people like Ben Askren every week...

Brown is on a 7 fight win streak, while Hardy has lost 4 of his last 6.

1 to the #1 WW of all time, 1 to a natural LHW, plus Condit & Lytle. Hardly exactly easy fights and I'd venture Brown would probably be looking at a very similar return vs those people.

Back