The HW division is the most competitive...

Sure. If we ignore weight classes, the HW fighters are obviously the best fighters in the world. I don't think anyone will argue that.

However, living in the real world of the UFC where weight classes do exist, the HW division is definitely not the most competitive division. Nowhere near the overall depth and skill of the FW/LW/WW divisions.

Personally I think Jones smokes the HW division, maybe an unpopular opinion but in general I do agree with you.

But the high quality lightweight, more often than not, gets killed by a low quality heavyweight.

I agree; that would also be extremely boring to watch. I can appreciate the effectiveness of a 1 dimensional HW wrestler lumbering forward, dragging a smaller fighter down, and smothering him under his weight. But at the same time, I'd have no interest in watching it. Highly skilled smaller guys would get crushed by huge guys who are (in many cases) less skilled and less interesting to watch. Having an open weight league would be a terrible business model.

Personally I think Jones smokes the HW division, maybe an unpopular opinion but in general I do agree with you.
I think 205 DC owns that division too. LHW DC beats Stipe every time. 225lbs is where DC is probably at his best, but he's too undisciplined to fight at that weight unless he's required to.

HW makes fighters lazy. Almost all of the fighters in that division would be better fighters if they dropped some weight. Stipe was better at 230lbs than his typical 240ish. I think Francis would be much better at 240lbs than his typical 250ish.

jon jones just admitted that he cut from 245 to 230lbs with a six-pack.
The only time Jones has ever been in that weight zone, he was fat and out of shape (238 lbs against Henderson, grappling).

image-2-800x445.jpg

Jones cuts from 222.5 lbs (or less) at Light Heavyweight; his body is a bit misleading because he has the torso of a Heavyweight, but the lower body of a Lightweight.

jon jones just admitted that he cut from 245 to 230lbs with a six-pack. He isn't too small for the division, he is too chickenshit @DivineMind @20falarVerdades @ermac88.

But you left an important reason for making weight cuts...it isn't to face better competition, it is to avoid better competition.
Jones was actually scared at the thought of fighting Bigfoot Silva.

lmao I don't care what jon says he weights, I use my eyes and common sense. Hendricks can baloon up to 300lb of fat too, but he is smaller than Jones
Not about what he says,what the scale indicates and other fighters about their own weights.

Our eyes arent a reliable method of measuring precise weight, this is why scales are utilized

Fyi. 300lbs > 225lbs

Last edited:
But the high quality lightweight, more often than not, gets killed by a low quality heavyweight.
This is simply not true.

The elite of just about any weight class absolutely dummy a mediocre HW.

Last few fights he was 217lbs a month out
I remember Shogun was 230 for their fight, guys like Vlad, DC and Rampage ballooned up to 240-250lbs

Hes never been close to missing weight
jon, you've admitted to weighing 245lbs of solid muscle, even bragged about it. True that you've never missed weight but it is also true that you are ducking.

The only time Jones has ever been in that weight zone, he was fat and out of shape (238 lbs against Henderson, grappling).

image-2-800x445.jpg

Jones cuts from 222.5 lbs (or less) at Light Heavyweight; his body is a bit misleading because he has the torso of a Heavyweight, but the lower body of a Lightweight.
You are right, he is probably lying.

Funny but you seem to have more confidence in jones than he does.

True, and I could be wrong of course, it's a big risk. I'm sure he'd do it for a big money fight (remember he called out Lesnar?) but I'm not sure the payday for a fight against Stipe or Ngannou would weigh out the risk.

I don't think there's any big draws at HW, big enough to give Jones the payday to move up.

And Brock made the whole division his bitch and retired the HW GOAT.

small LHW? lmao one of the most idiotic things I've ever read in this forum
jon admitted this in his Reyes presser.

So you are completely disregarding the facts I showed you? Jones is not in shape at 238 lbs.

And yes, Jones is usually 217 lbs to 223bs in cage, which makes him a small to average LHW.

Cormier was 236 lbs in cage at 205

Any LHW going to HW is going to have more fat on them.

Boner weighed 238 lbs. for the Hendo grappling match, which is a decent sized HW.

He doesn't want any part of HW, which depends on how you view it, is smart/cowardly.

HW has always been the most dangerous division in MMA, even if it's not the deepest.

One dumb little punch, even a jab, can completely put lights out.

There's good reason why a lot of fighters don't want any of that smoke.

The greatest number of times the UFC HW strap is a grand total of 3 and it was a big 2 for the longest time.

It's absolutely amazing Fedor went 10 years unbeaten.

jon jones just admitted that he cut from 245 to 230lbs with a six-pack.
First of all, have you ever seen Jon's faced sucked in at weigh ins, him using a towel or having any sign he has difficuly cutting? No. Because he ain't that big. He has very big upper body, but his legs are super skinny. That is the illusion of him being giant LHW. He has upperbody of a heavyweight and lower body of a welterweight.

245... ? Yeah, about that. If you believe this shit I don't know what to tell you <36>
He is not even close to 245. The only time that he weighted that much was when he actively weighlifted and has become absolutely enormous. Before the OSP fight. And was 240, not 245.
Jones is perfectly sized for 205. His weight in cage for the Gustafson fight was 222lbs. And I won't give you link to that, because you didn't give me link to where Jon said for the 245lbs. and I had to search for it. Bottom line - you didn't do your homework, Jon is normal sized LHW and there is a lot of available data about that, but you didn't looked for it, you looked for only what suits your opinion and you just talk out your ass.
But you left an important reason for making weight cuts...it isn't to face better competition, it is to avoid better competition.
Cutting weight has nothing to do to facing or avoiding better competition. I don't know how in the hell you are mixing these things???
Everybody cuts weight. And the people who don't are willingly handicapping themselves. You don't cut weight to avoid or seek any competition. You cut weigh to not suffer big size disadvantage. Big size distadvantage is just fucking unfair and gets peope careers cut short. Because when you have relatitvely similar skills with the opponent, a 15-25lbs of not just bodymass, but active musclemass and bigger bonestructure is a huge, huuge edge. Bigger guys are hitting harder, can take harder hits, have bigger reach, more strenght... I don't need to countinue.

Back