The Case For Stripping Khabib

I don't disagree with most of what you said, TS. However, I think you're picking on a symptom of the problem instead of the root cause.

Maybe Dana needs create a policy / process for titles and title fights and then stick to it. No giving title shots to #13 ranked fighters (Hendo) when 4 top 5ers are ready. No giving title shots to retired fighters (GSP), and/or fighters who have sat out almost 2 years (Woodley, Conor, Brock).

Dana has caused the chaos. Khabib is only adding to existing chaos, just a little bit. But why does he think he can? Because Dana has told fighters in no uncertain terms - through his past actions, many times - that if they are valuable enough, they can act chaotic and he will allow it.

TLDR: If parents let kids act wild, and then kids act wild, the parents deserve most of the blame.

PS: This is where I applaud Dana for putting Colby in his place. I wish he would do it more often.

Anyone who doesn’t defend within a year should be stripped, regardless of the reason for inactivity. There should never be another interim belt.

So Conor holds the record for longest time never defending
Did you care about that?
What’s your take on conor potentially getting an interim shot, while Tony, Dustin, Al are all more active and have more wins in the division?
I didn’t know he held the record. Anyway what does that have to do with Khabib. Conor should not be getting a interim title shot and I don’t believe he is.IMO Conor should win at least two fights before title contention(Cowboy Poirer or Al)
I’m pretty sure Ferguson is getting the next shot.
It’s not about the special treatment mcgregor gets it’s about right and wrong and holding a division up is wrong and he should be stripped.
The fact Khabib wasn’t cut or banned Indefinitely shows a bending of the rules(remember the Daley incident)

i say hand the belt to ali and make him defend
We can but dream.
Have Mcgregror knock him into next week then as he is out cold have Noah crawl into the ring dressed as Ricky Schroder from the movie "The Champ" and have him say..... No! Champ! No! Champ. Is he out? Is he out? What's the matter, Champ? Champ, wake up! Wake up! Wake - wake up!

Didn’t the Irish muppet Conor hold and never defend for like 2 years?

Oh silly us. He’s Conor. I forgot.
Strip everyone else.
0.jpg

The owner of the UFC takes a picture with Dana White..

there is an actual pic with that caption but can't find it so this will have to do

If he keeps this shit up, McGregor fans will have the last laugh. Khabib is turning into everything he asked his own fans to root against.
Already ahead of ya.

I knew and babbled on here countless times that it shouldve been tony v conor for the belt, just because of how khabib predictably avoids fighting.

Conor is nothing special but he always came to work. I also HATED the Mayweather debacle as i predicted conor not showing up for a while.

Poor tony regardless..

It's #1 bullshit that in the time since Tony was stripped of the interim title, he came back extremely quickly, beat Pettis in a barn burner, and still hasn't been given a fight with Khabob. The UFC should book Ferguson-Khabib, and if Khabib doesn't accept, strip him and make Ferguson-Poirer. It's not that complicated.

0.jpg

The owner of the UFC takes a picture with Dana White..

there is an actual pic with that caption but can't find it so this will have to do

Apparently aroused by the situation too.

giphy.gif

I don't disagree with most of what you said, TS. However, I think you're picking on a symptom of the problem instead of the root cause.

Maybe Dana needs create a policy / process for titles and title fights and then stick to it. No giving title shots to #13 ranked fighters (Hendo) when 4 top 5ers are ready. No giving title shots to retired fighters (GSP), and/or fighters who have sat out almost 2 years (Woodley, Conor, Brock).

Dana has caused the chaos. Khabib is only adding to existing chaos, just a little bit. But why does he think he can? Because Dana has told fighters in no uncertain terms - through his past actions, many times - that if they are valuable enough, they can act chaotic and he will allow it.

TLDR: If parents let kids act wild, and then kids act wild, the parents deserve most of the blame.

PS: This is where I applaud Dana for putting Colby in his place. I wish he would do it more often.

Spot on. Be equal, not favorable to some.

Included in that, in Dana’s quote he mentioned Conor as an option for an interim title shot, would be awful.

When he refuses to defend for TWO years, like Connie McQuitter - then strip him. The precedent has been set. All equal.

There once was a tale of a little japanese dude who had the balls to fight HWs and retired broke and just fought because he loves fighting.

Also a tale of a currently active UFC ex HW champion with 10 KO losses on his record can't win a damn fight to save his life but fought 4x in 2018. 3x in 2017. 3x in 2016.

No one fucking fights any more. Feels like 1/5th of headliners get cancelled after the weigh ins. I just can't go on with this bitching rant.

I didn’t know he held the record. Anyway what does that have to do with Khabib. Conor should not be getting a interim title shot and I don’t believe he is.IMO Conor should win at least two fights before title contention(Cowboy Poirer or Al)
I’m pretty sure Ferguson is getting the next shot.
It’s not about the special treatment mcgregor gets it’s about right and wrong and holding a division up is wrong and he should be stripped.
The fact Khabib wasn’t cut or banned Indefinitely shows a bending of the rules(remember the Daley incident)

How the fuck do you have over 2,000 posts in just over a month?

Sherbros,

The following is a short argument for stripping Khabib of the 155 belt. The basic facts are that Khabib was offered a 3-month reduction of his 9-month suspension for his flying monkey dive unto Dillon Penis at UFC 229 if he did an anti-bullying PSA. Khabib has refused, and instead demanded that unless his cousin Abubakar and his friend Zubaira Tugukhov have their suspensions reduced, he will not fight until November.

1. His refusal to fight is 100% voluntary, and is in addition to his legal prohibitions from fighting. He is not making the UFC money, he is not hurt, and he has several worthy contenders.

2. His "point" that he is making is morally repugnant. He is clearly trying to show that his backwards "Muslim brothers band together" mentality needs to be forgiven and given wide breadth. Both his friends jumped into a cage to assault a fighter. Zubaira did it from behind, and was not even a cornerman. He should be banned for life, frankly. This is not a savage nation. His standing up for his vile friends makes it worse, not better.

3. Ali Abdelazziz is trying to increase his standing and influence, and often does this by banging the Muslim drum. If ever there was a moment to remind him that only McGregor gets special treatment (and even then, only because he fights relatively often and makes the UFC many, many millions).

4. Unlike Conor, Khabib is not a mega star. Conor was stripped of the 145 belt fairly quickly, and only stripped of the 155 belt when an actual title fight was booked.

5. There are extremely worthy opponents, and Ferguson has already gotten an interim title. It would be wrong to make contenders fight each other when neither has had a chance against Khabib yet.

6. All the players in the championship hunt (Poirer, Ferguson, Khabib himself) except Conor are extremely injury prone. Time is not on anyone's side.

In conclusion, I believe the correct move is to strip Khabib if he refuses to do the PSA and book a pre-Ramadan fight. Tony and Poirer (both of whom are injury prone as is) need to be booked for the belt this spring. Let Conor fight Cerrone. If Khabib is ready after, let him be the challenger, and make challenger money, against the winner. OR if you really want to make a point, let him fight someone else, let the Conor-Cerrone winner or another challenger fight in the fall, and let Khabib get his shot if he wins later, in February 2020.

there no case to strip khabib. only people who think that are bitter conor fan boys.

when the nsac suspended khabib and took him off ufc 235 theuc knew khabib wouldnt fight again until after ramadon holiday. so now the ufc will have a fight to see who fight khabib over the summer and that fight will happen on the first big vegas ppv after the holiday is over

man how hard is that.

The problem with stripping anyone is that there's no clear cut criteria for being stripped of a belt. If they make it an actual rule like "if your belt isn't defended in 12 months, we strip you" then ok. If they're just stripping him that doesn't make sense. They've had people not defend belts for longer than it's taken for Khabib to defend his belt, so I disagree.

Make an official rule, or don't, but stripping people just to strip them doesn't seem right.

When he refuses to defend for TWO years, like Connie McQuitter - then strip him. The precedent has been set. All equal.

As much as I hate giving more power to the company rather than to the fighters i'd rather see an automatic belt strip after 8 months. Nothing will get done though.

Fighters need a union. Do they really need the superstars to band together to form it.

How about all the fighters "that don't matter" as Dana eloquently puts it band together. You know the fighters absolutely necessary to fill up your pay per view cards that he shits on. and negotiating goes both ways and structure will be in place.

Wait until he goes as long as Conor did without defending

<LikeReally5>

Conor won the 155lb belt in November 2016

Ferguson and Khabib were scheduled to fight for the interim belt in March 2017

So they only gave Conor 4 months before putting an interim belt out there because he showed no intention of defending

The reason Conor wasnt stripped sooner is because Khabib and Tony kept getting fucking injured

So.. If we wait as long as they waited for Conor, Then Khabib fought in October

So it would be totally fair to put Tony v Conor for the interim belt 4 months after Khabib last fought (as they did with Conor) because he shows no intention of defending

Which would be right about now...

Wait until he goes as long as Conor did without defending

<LikeReally5>

They gave Conor 4 months. Khabib has had 4 months

Back