The Case For Stripping Khabib

Strip him

I said the same when Conor was holding up the division.

I say the same about Whitaker

Champs dont wanna fight, FUCK IM

Solution: When theyre ready to fight, they get a title shot and if they win it counts as a title defence

he be ready to fight after ramadan holiday so no need to strip him.

I wouldn't strip him until his suspension is over. I would however force a date between from when his suspension ends at that 9 months mark and the 12 month mark of his friends, and should he refuse or be injured and cant compete, then strip him. Stripping him while under suspension though is dumb when it's not over a PED or domestic abuse case or things of that nature.

so after ramadon holiday is over isnt good enough

Didn't read, but I agree. Was a huge fan of Khabib as recently as a couple of weeks ago. Now I see the truth that he's a spiteful and hypocritical asshole.

really how. the suspendion takes him into ramadon holdiay so not he come back around septemeber like in 2018.

so what the problem

Hi Osama!

But really, the Danis thing is a lie. Khabib admitted he picked Danis because he was the only younger guy in McGregor's corner. Don't be a pig and blame anyone else. Khabib chose to start the war of the words after the UFC bumped him for Conor to fight Alvarez in 2016. And he was the one who went after Artem. They took turns escalating, save your sharia crap for somewhere else.

khabib had nothing to do with conor throwing the first punch and the brawl getting out of control.

conor got punked and conor fan boys cant handle there god not looking like a bum

LOL the guy is sidelined for 9 months unless he does a PSA. Whats the issue here?

Conor had nothing going on and sat for 2 years with belts. Thats now lead to intern belts all over the place.

we knew in january that if he did his PSA he could fight in april

thats three months, how long a camp does he need?

to have him fight conor at a ppv that has no location or date yet.

ufc said he needs many many months to promote conor and get it moneys worth. now khabib fights after ramadon holiday on the fist big vegas ppv like in 2018. so what the problem

Anyone who doesn’t defend within a year should be stripped, regardless of the reason for inactivity. There should never be another interim belt.

there wont be khabib fights around septmeber like in 2018.

so what the problem.

I don't disagree with most of what you said, TS. However, I think you're picking on a symptom of the problem instead of the root cause.

Maybe Dana needs create a policy / process for titles and title fights and then stick to it. No giving title shots to #13 ranked fighters (Hendo) when 4 top 5ers are ready. No giving title shots to retired fighters (GSP), and/or fighters who have sat out almost 2 years (Woodley, Conor, Brock).

Dana has caused the chaos. Khabib is only adding to existing chaos, just a little bit. But why does he think he can? Because Dana has told fighters in no uncertain terms - through his past actions, many times - that if they are valuable enough, they can act chaotic and he will allow it.

TLDR: If parents let kids act wild, and then kids act wild, the parents deserve most of the blame.

PS: This is where I applaud Dana for putting Colby in his place. I wish he would do it more often.

woodley has 5 fights in 2 years so nice try on bashing him.

to have him fight conor at a ppv that has no location or date yet.

ufc said he needs many many months to promote conor and get it moneys worth. now khabib fights after ramadon holiday on the fist big vegas ppv like in 2018. so what the problem

but he wont be fighting on the first big ppv post ramadan

he has already said he wont be fighting till november

hes refusing to fight until his teammates suspensions are over

It's #1 bullshit that in the time since Tony was stripped of the interim title, he came back extremely quickly, beat Pettis in a barn burner, and still hasn't been given a fight with Khabob. The UFC should book Ferguson-Khabib, and if Khabib doesn't accept, strip him and make Ferguson-Poirer. It's not that complicated.

they can book it in september so what the problem.

the suspention messed things up cause that took khabib off ufc 235 so now khabib cant fight until after ramadon holiday

It's #1 bullshit that in the time since Tony was stripped of the interim title, he came back extremely quickly, beat Pettis in a barn burner, and still hasn't been given a fight with Khabob. The UFC should book Ferguson-Khabib, and if Khabib doesn't accept, strip him and make Ferguson-Poirer. It's not that complicated.
Khabib is banned for 9 months though

I don't think it matters if you strip him or not. He fights for the title if he decides to come back.

Let Ferg get his red panty night now

At this point Khabib is ironically becoming a - possibly, to be confirmed - far worse champ than Conor!

1) seems interested only in copying Conor in wanting to boxe Mayweather or making various silly demands in regards to opponents, rather than just fighting the appropriate contenders.

2) intends to take a huge amount of time off, perhaps a year, despite being perfectly healthy.

3) has evidently developed a huge ego, often makes questionable statements and hangs out with unsavory characters.

4) defends indefensible actions and has misplaced loyalties.

He is doing most of the things we liked him for not doing!

khabib is nothing liek conor. khabib not wanting to box floyd it floyd using khabib name. khabib suspention which is stupid takes him into ramadon holiday so september 2019 he fights who ever on the biggest ppv in vegas.

woodley has 5 fights in 2 years so nice try on bashing him.

You're off base on 2 fronts: a) my post was quite clear that I wasn't bashing the fighters; I was bashing the system, and b) I wasn't talking about his championship reign.

I wish top 5 fighters would fight other top 5 fighters, and I blame Dana (not the fighters) for it not happening. Regardless, Woodley was sidelined for 18 months prior to his title shot. He has been a great champion, but by all traditional rationale, he never should have gotten a title shot after an injury and holdout.

Maybe you like top 5 fighters holding out for title shots. If so, we disagree. Cheers.

Crowning a paper champ, isn't exactly the best way for the 'division to move on'. Book Tony vs Conor or Poirer Interim belt, and the winner can fight Khabib in November. Its pretty simple..

ya book tony vs dustin and the winner fights khabib for the belt that now so hard at all.

Woodley was sidelined for 18 months prior to his title shot. He has been a great champion, but by all traditional rationale, he never should have gotten a title shot after an injury and holdout.

Maybe you like top 5 fighters holding out for title shots. If so, we disagree.

well woodley couldnt help that fight week johny hendricks was pulled from the fight during that 18 months. did you not notice that.

ufc gave woodley the title shot cause of that happening and woodley had to wait for that shot to fight into the ppv time line.

Back