The Case For Stripping Khabib

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Negator402, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Pride4ever101001000

Pride4ever101001000 Orange Belt

Cowboy vs Conor for the interim is a shambles, if Conor wants the belt at least man up and fight Tony

2. Egészségére!

Egészségére! Brown Belt

the problem is if the strip him Khabib might actually walk, contract or not

and while it's possible the management doesn't like him for a variety of reasons, with Bader, Gegard and Rory already being questionable decisions losing the #1 LW in the world could really damage what's left of their credibility as the best of the best

Tap machine likes this.
  3. piropiro

piropiro Orange Belt

At this point Khabib is ironically becoming a - possibly, to be confirmed - far worse champ than Conor!

1) seems interested only in copying Conor in wanting to boxe Mayweather or making various silly demands in regards to opponents, rather than just fighting the appropriate contenders.

2) intends to take a huge amount of time off, perhaps a year, despite being perfectly healthy.

3) has evidently developed a huge ego, often makes questionable statements and hangs out with unsavory characters.

4) defends indefensible actions and has misplaced loyalties.

He is doing most of the things we liked him for not doing!

SL1200 likes this.
  4. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

Ferguson and Khabib were scheduled to fight for the interim belt 4 months after Conor wont the title.

If either of them was actually capable of getting into the cage Conor would have been stripped much much sooner

5. Deadwing88

Deadwing88 Green Belt

Did you say the same when McGregor held up the division, for 17 months ? I doubt it..

6. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

There is nothing stopping Khabib fighting in April

he refused, and is refusing to return when his ban ends as well

Verace likes this.
  7. EnsaladaLEGACY

EnsaladaLEGACY Yellow Belt

Ducking tony. Es normal for a fake goat legacy

8. Thenewguysnm1

Thenewguysnm1 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Yes, he should of been stripped. Like mcgregor he can always come back for a mega fight when he’s ready, the division needs to move on

jeff7b9 likes this.
  9. nnydo

nnydo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Khabib loves taking long vacations . he aint comin back till next next summer. strip him.

Verace likes this.
  10. Deadwing88

Deadwing88 Green Belt

Crowning a paper champ, isn't exactly the best way for the 'division to move on'. Book Tony vs Conor or Poirer Interim belt, and the winner can fight Khabib in November. Its pretty simple..

11. Alpha_T83

Alpha_T83 Brown Belt

Don't worry, the UFC will strip him. They can't sell PPV events these days without belts on the line, and they don't even have enough champions to fill all the cards. There's only 12 weight classes; soon to be 10 if they remove 125 and WMMA 145. Considering that UFC champions have been averaging close to 1 fight per year lately, they are desperate to fill out these events.

The temporary result of this was more interim title fights that happened and were proposed than we've ever seen. But the UFC have devalued interim titles by taking them away on a whim, and refusing to force unification matches.

Now that fighters are refusing interim titles (i.e. Ortega), the next step to fill events is to strip inactive champions. I expect to see both Khabib and Whittaker stripped soon, and Rose Namajunas will be stripped if she doesn't make it to her next fight.

12. Thenewguysnm1

Thenewguysnm1 Yellow Card Yellow Card

I would be fine with that if Ferguson hadn’t already fought for a interim and been stripped of it
    Ferguson should only take a undisputed bout, if Ferguson gets the belt it’s hardly a paper champ as some see him as the “real” champ(I don’t)
    Khabib can always come back.
    This makes Khabibs dream of Fighting GSP easier with no titles on the line

jeff7b9 and Joseph_McBride like this.
  13. Joseph_McBride

Joseph_McBride Brown Belt

So you want the UFC to allow every fighter to turn into Conor McGregor? Closet fanboy

14. Negator402

Negator402 Blue Belt

Ramadan is in the summer this year I believe. They gave him the PSA, and he threw it in NSAC's face. This is all about Khabib's criminal friends. Aiding and abetting is my view.

15. snackgod

snackgod Silver Belt

so when he was suspended and not able to fiight that took him out of fighting at ufc 235. so now he out until after the holiday so what the problem.

he fight over ufc figures out at the first big ppv in september. going from 9 ro 6 months means nothing since that still takes him into ramadan holiday.

if onloy had dillon danis kepy his mouth shut and conor not throw a punch first the brawl wouldnt happened.

16. snackgod

snackgod Silver Belt

so him fighting on the first big ppv card in vegas after ramadan like in 2018 is just fine.

khabib not been in camp at all so what his reason to sign to fight someone on short notice.

ufc says on any conor fight they need the max time to promote is so if it again conor vs khabib 2 in september it a win win for all people maybe not conor hahaha

17. paynebringer

paynebringer Black Beast Silverback Ice Cold Steel Belt...♠♠♠

Perfect reply, wish I had said it....

TheToqueville and Clippy like this.
  18. PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin Black Belt

Why are people getting all butthurt over Khabib getting/not getting stripped of his title? The belt(s) don't mean fucking shit anymore. The UFC freely hands out (and takes back) interim titles all willy-nilly nowadays regardless, so who gives a fucking shit?

The UFC really needs to address the issues surrounding inactive champs, interim champs, and what can be considered a valid reason for keeping a title while on the shelf. I don't care what anyone thinks, Khabib keeping his title while riding out his suspension makes a lot more sense than creating an Interim LW title so the Undisputed LW champ can pursue some fantasy boxing match. Had Conor vacated his LW title and chased the Mayweather fight, virtually no one would have said shit or been against the fight happening.

I'm torn on this because I like Cowboy and would love for him to get that payday after years of giving his all to the fans of this sport, but not having Ferguson in the title picture is flat out bullshit.

Pride4ever101001000 likes this.
  19. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

we knew in january that if he did his PSA he could fight in april

thats three months, how long a camp does he need?

20. Negator402

Negator402 Blue Belt

Hi Osama!

But really, the Danis thing is a lie. Khabib admitted he picked Danis because he was the only younger guy in McGregor's corner. Don't be a pig and blame anyone else. Khabib chose to start the war of the words after the UFC bumped him for Conor to fight Alvarez in 2016. And he was the one who went after Artem. They took turns escalating, save your sharia crap for somewhere else.

S U I H C U L A C C I likes this.