The Case For Stripping Khabib

Cowboy vs Conor for the interim is a shambles, if Conor wants the belt at least man up and fight Tony

the problem is if the strip him Khabib might actually walk, contract or not

and while it's possible the management doesn't like him for a variety of reasons, with Bader, Gegard and Rory already being questionable decisions losing the #1 LW in the world could really damage what's left of their credibility as the best of the best

At this point Khabib is ironically becoming a - possibly, to be confirmed - far worse champ than Conor!

1) seems interested only in copying Conor in wanting to boxe Mayweather or making various silly demands in regards to opponents, rather than just fighting the appropriate contenders.

2) intends to take a huge amount of time off, perhaps a year, despite being perfectly healthy.

3) has evidently developed a huge ego, often makes questionable statements and hangs out with unsavory characters.

4) defends indefensible actions and has misplaced loyalties.

He is doing most of the things we liked him for not doing!

Didn’t the Irish muppet Conor hold and never defend for like 2 years?.

Ferguson and Khabib were scheduled to fight for the interim belt 4 months after Conor wont the title.

If either of them was actually capable of getting into the cage Conor would have been stripped much much sooner

A case for him to be stripped doesn’t need to be made
A case for him to hold the belt needs to be made
Strip him
Did you say the same when McGregor held up the division, for 17 months ? I doubt it..

there no case to strip khabib. only people who think that are bitter conor fan boys.

when the nsac suspended khabib and took him off ufc 235 theuc knew khabib wouldnt fight again until after ramadon holiday. so now the ufc will have a fight to see who fight khabib over the summer and that fight will happen on the first big vegas ppv after the holiday is over

man how hard is that.

There is nothing stopping Khabib fighting in April

he refused, and is refusing to return when his ban ends as well

Sherbros,

The following is a short argument for stripping Khabib of the 155 belt. The basic facts are that Khabib was offered a 3-month reduction of his 9-month suspension for his flying monkey dive unto Dillon Penis at UFC 229 if he did an anti-bullying PSA. Khabib has refused, and instead demanded that unless his cousin Abubakar and his friend Zubaira Tugukhov have their suspensions reduced, he will not fight until November.

1. His refusal to fight is 100% voluntary, and is in addition to his legal prohibitions from fighting. He is not making the UFC money, he is not hurt, and he has several worthy contenders.

2. His "point" that he is making is morally repugnant. He is clearly trying to show that his backwards "Muslim brothers band together" mentality needs to be forgiven and given wide breadth. Both his friends jumped into a cage to assault a fighter. Zubaira did it from behind, and was not even a cornerman. He should be banned for life, frankly. This is not a savage nation. His standing up for his vile friends makes it worse, not better.

3. Ali Abdelazziz is trying to increase his standing and influence, and often does this by banging the Muslim drum. If ever there was a moment to remind him that only McGregor gets special treatment (and even then, only because he fights relatively often and makes the UFC many, many millions).

4. Unlike Conor, Khabib is not a mega star. Conor was stripped of the 145 belt fairly quickly, and only stripped of the 155 belt when an actual title fight was booked.

5. There are extremely worthy opponents, and Ferguson has already gotten an interim title. It would be wrong to make contenders fight each other when neither has had a chance against Khabib yet.

6. All the players in the championship hunt (Poirer, Ferguson, Khabib himself) except Conor are extremely injury prone. Time is not on anyone's side.

In conclusion, I believe the correct move is to strip Khabib if he refuses to do the PSA and book a pre-Ramadan fight. Tony and Poirer (both of whom are injury prone as is) need to be booked for the belt this spring. Let Conor fight Cerrone. If Khabib is ready after, let him be the challenger, and make challenger money, against the winner. OR if you really want to make a point, let him fight someone else, let the Conor-Cerrone winner or another challenger fight in the fall, and let Khabib get his shot if he wins later, in February 2020.

Ducking tony. Es normal for a fake goat legacy

Did you say the same when McGregor held up the division, for 17 months ? I doubt it..
Yes, he should of been stripped. Like mcgregor he can always come back for a mega fight when he’s ready, the division needs to move on

Khabib loves taking long vacations . he aint comin back till next next summer. strip him.

Yes, he should of been stripped. Like mcgregor he can always come back for a mega fight when he’s ready, the division needs to move on
Crowning a paper champ, isn't exactly the best way for the 'division to move on'. Book Tony vs Conor or Poirer Interim belt, and the winner can fight Khabib in November. Its pretty simple..

Don't worry, the UFC will strip him. They can't sell PPV events these days without belts on the line, and they don't even have enough champions to fill all the cards. There's only 12 weight classes; soon to be 10 if they remove 125 and WMMA 145. Considering that UFC champions have been averaging close to 1 fight per year lately, they are desperate to fill out these events.

The temporary result of this was more interim title fights that happened and were proposed than we've ever seen. But the UFC have devalued interim titles by taking them away on a whim, and refusing to force unification matches.

Now that fighters are refusing interim titles (i.e. Ortega), the next step to fill events is to strip inactive champions. I expect to see both Khabib and Whittaker stripped soon, and Rose Namajunas will be stripped if she doesn't make it to her next fight.

Crowning a paper champ, isn't exactly the best way for the 'division to move on'. Book Tony vs Conor or Poirer Interim belt, and the winner can fight Khabib in November. Its pretty simple..
I would be fine with that if Ferguson hadn’t already fought for a interim and been stripped of it
Ferguson should only take a undisputed bout, if Ferguson gets the belt it’s hardly a paper champ as some see him as the “real” champ(I don’t)
Khabib can always come back.
This makes Khabibs dream of Fighting GSP easier with no titles on the line

Until you address McGregor holding onto two separate belts for longer periods of time with no intention of ever defending... There is zero case.

tumblr_mh53ch6Q5m1rdutw3o1_400.gif
So you want the UFC to allow every fighter to turn into Conor McGregor? Closet fanboy

there no case to strip khabib. only people who think that are bitter conor fan boys.

when the nsac suspended khabib and took him off ufc 235 theuc knew khabib wouldnt fight again until after ramadon holiday. so now the ufc will have a fight to see who fight khabib over the summer and that fight will happen on the first big vegas ppv after the holiday is over

man how hard is that.
Ramadan is in the summer this year I believe. They gave him the PSA, and he threw it in NSAC's face. This is all about Khabib's criminal friends. Aiding and abetting is my view.

Ramadan is in the summer this year I believe. They gave him the PSA, and he threw it in NSAC's face. This is all about Khabib's criminal friends. Aiding and abetting is my view.

so when he was suspended and not able to fiight that took him out of fighting at ufc 235. so now he out until after the holiday so what the problem.

he fight over ufc figures out at the first big ppv in september. going from 9 ro 6 months means nothing since that still takes him into ramadan holiday.

if onloy had dillon danis kepy his mouth shut and conor not throw a punch first the brawl wouldnt happened.

There is nothing stopping Khabib fighting in April

he refused, and is refusing to return when his ban ends as well

so him fighting on the first big ppv card in vegas after ramadan like in 2018 is just fine.

khabib not been in camp at all so what his reason to sign to fight someone on short notice.

ufc says on any conor fight they need the max time to promote is so if it again conor vs khabib 2 in september it a win win for all people maybe not conor hahaha

Why are people getting all butthurt over Khabib getting/not getting stripped of his title? The belt(s) don't mean fucking shit anymore. The UFC freely hands out (and takes back) interim titles all willy-nilly nowadays regardless, so who gives a fucking shit?

The UFC really needs to address the issues surrounding inactive champs, interim champs, and what can be considered a valid reason for keeping a title while on the shelf. I don't care what anyone thinks, Khabib keeping his title while riding out his suspension makes a lot more sense than creating an Interim LW title so the Undisputed LW champ can pursue some fantasy boxing match. Had Conor vacated his LW title and chased the Mayweather fight, virtually no one would have said shit or been against the fight happening.

Cowboy vs Conor for the interim is a shambles, if Conor wants the belt at least man up and fight Tony

I'm torn on this because I like Cowboy and would love for him to get that payday after years of giving his all to the fans of this sport, but not having Ferguson in the title picture is flat out bullshit.

so him fighting on the first big ppv card in vegas after ramadan like in 2018 is just fine.

khabib not been in camp at all so what his reason to sign to fight someone on short notice.

ufc says on any conor fight they need the max time to promote is so if it again conor vs khabib 2 in september it a win win for all people maybe not conor hahaha

we knew in january that if he did his PSA he could fight in april

thats three months, how long a camp does he need?

so when he was suspended and not able to fiight that took him out of fighting at ufc 235. so now he out until after the holiday so what the problem.

he fight over ufc figures out at the first big ppv in september. going from 9 ro 6 months means nothing since that still takes him into ramadan holiday.

if onloy had dillon danis kepy his mouth shut and conor not throw a punch first the brawl wouldnt happened.
Hi Osama!

But really, the Danis thing is a lie. Khabib admitted he picked Danis because he was the only younger guy in McGregor's corner. Don't be a pig and blame anyone else. Khabib chose to start the war of the words after the UFC bumped him for Conor to fight Alvarez in 2016. And he was the one who went after Artem. They took turns escalating, save your sharia crap for somewhere else.

Back