The best UFC fighter from your Town/City

From my hometown it’d have to be Matt Mitrione. Matt Hughes didn’t live far away either.

Sean Strickland went to my high school I believe, he's a bit younger than me, but I was friends with his older sister and brother.

I currently live in Philadelphia, so I guess that would be Eddie Alvarez.

Used to live in Willingboro, NJ and since he once had a school there (at the gym I used to go to), that would be Ricardo Almeida.

Also used to live near Toms River, NJ (I moved around a lot), so that would be Frankie Edgar (we also went to the same college, Rutgers.)

The Ninja of Love, Nick Denis.

He went 1-1 in the UFC, 11-3 in his career

He did do this, though:
Nick+Denis+Elbows+Joseph+Sandoval+UFC+on+FX+1.gif

Steve Bossé
St-Constant is a small town on the South shore of Montreal
I think he’s a firefighter

I am homeless and currently parked outside AKA was in New Mexico earlier parked outside Jackson winklejohn. So have you all beat

Live in Asheville NC so closest would be Spencer Fisher.

I live in pensacola florida. Not many bignames from here but when i was a corrections officer at the state prison here in milton (blackwater correctional institution) I had charles krazy horse bennett in my dorm.
We did get RJJ in boxing and Emmit Smith if football. Not too shabby

I did train in Santa Rosa, CA and moved here to Pittsburgh, PA over the summer. Santa Rosa is all about David Terrell. He is legit the best fighter I've ever trained with (even at his age and his past injuries). Jordan Williams is a future UFC contender (won a fight on DWTNC, got robbed in his 2nd fight on DWTNC). Colin Hart is a UFC vet and very talented but sticking mainly to grappling these days. Gabriel Pacheco is a legit up and comer as is Adam Wamsley. Brady Wickland will probably make his pro debut soon, but focuses mainly with grappling.

Here in Pittburgh, PA, Khama Worthy had one of the biggest Vegas upsets in UFC history and is a legit vet/journeyman. Mac Danzig is also from the area but hasn't associated with Pittsburgh for a long time I believe.. I don't train at his gym though since I'm a no-gi guy and I haven't been training much anyways since I'm also a fat ass with eating disorders these days (damn midlife struggles). The place I'm training at from time to time is Moore MMA -- there are some tough young bucks there.

Not my town, but Ryan Hall's from the same metro area.

Home town as in where you're born or as in where you live?

Live where I live: Tony Ferguson
Born where I live: Gilbert Melendez
Born were I was born: You specified UFC so I can't say Aaron Pico...I dunno, Francisco Rivera maybe?
you born in whittier where the girls are prettier?

Last edited:
Brock Lesnar.

Though he didn't train or really live in the city, his last fight he was fighting out of Regina.

Also, not my hometown, but I wrestled at Cal Poly with Chad Mendes in San Luis Obispo. He was a senior when I was a 2nd year (1st year wrestling, 2nd year in college) -- Urijah used to come and scout Chad. I secretly didn't want him to go to TAM, but whatever. Chuck LIddell used to train with some of us from time to time (not me). I trained with Gan McGee once in SLO during this time before I knew BJJ and he dominated me. Pat Cummins was also one of our assistant coaches one year -- probably the best athlete over 200 lbs I ever met. He was 230 lbs with minimal fat and had cardio for days. Aaron Simpson was also an assistant coach one year for us.

Home town as in where you're born or as in where you live?

Live where I live: Tony Ferguson
Born where I live: Gilbert Melendez
Born were I was born: You specified UFC so I can't say Aaron Pico...I dunno, Francisco Rivera maybe?

Santa Ana Motherfucker

17th all day

giphy.gif

Back