The best "bad striker" MMA fighters of all time

GSP was always considered pretty bad but later in his career managed to mess Koshecks face up pretty good and some how clocked ol Bisbung up as well.
What fucking universe is this in? GSP a bad striker??? LMAO GSP started as a karate fighter/striker, and he was good enough with that style to get a title shot. It was only after Matt Hughes beat him that he adopted a wrestling heavy game.

Most of here seem to think Shields and Maia, but imo they are better strikers and far less succesful than Tito, Randy or Gracie. Coleman also deserves a mention as a former UFC champ.

I think the pretty clear front runner is Jake Shields. His striking was terrible but he is definitely a top 3-10 WW of all time.

Not that terrible. Just awkward and with no power.
He outstriked Akiyama with ease.

GSP was always considered pretty bad but later in his career managed to mess Koshecks face up pretty good and some how clocked ol Bisbung up as well.
wthat????

Shields has laughable standup.

But managed to make it work great.
i never understood how being with that crew for so many years, his striking still never surpassed royce gracie level

yeah, this one just is not true at all

I’ll throw a different angle on this and sa Keith Jardine. His striking was effective. But super unorthodox and weird !

The number of ppl Jake and Maia have beat, is incredible given there non existent standup.

Gonzaga.

Technically is was terrible but it was also devastating when he landed something.

Huh??? I don’t recall GSPs striking to ever be considered pretty bad. If people did thought that then man that is weird because his striking has always been at the very least “decent” if not “good”
i agree he was the best striker ww had seen until wonderboy. i remember when all the analysts and fans thought koscheck had better stand up do to KO'in a few scrubs.

He was largely considered to have one of the best jabs in the game of for most of his career, had a diverse selection of strikes, and blended them well into his takedowns. Me thinks you need to reconsider your stance.

Cindy Dandois has got to be at the top of this list (or bottom?)

giphy.gif
I forgot about this one.

Someone posted this fights highlights with the Roy Jones Jr theme on Reddit. Funniest shit ever.

Back