The best "bad striker" MMA fighters of all time

GSP was always considered pretty bad but later in his career managed to mess Koshecks face up pretty good and some how clocked ol Bisbung up as well.

I think it more that GSP has pillow fists. His reach gives him the ability to put on the volume in out striking opponents but he has no KO's or TKO's against anyone highly rated.

It's between Tippy Toes and Roxanne Modafferi.
Okay fine it's CM Punk.
Any bad MMA list the answer is always CM Punk. No need to continue asking variations of these questions.

He seems like a nice guy though. I'd have a beer with him. But we would not be getting into any bar fights together.
Doesn't drink. He is straight edge with the "X" on his hands and everything.

So, who is the worst guy at being nice in MMA? That question, based on your response would not be CM Punk, just sayin...
Wrong. He makes being nice bad because you want to hate him.

Jake Shields...especially when you consider he trained at Fairtex for so many years and the trainers he had there...the big three:
Jongsanon (Wooden Man)
Bunkerd
Ganyao (Dr Knee)
Those guys are legendary and even they couldn’t fix/build his standup...I trained there for two years and with Bunkerd for another year or so and those guys had my footwork, switch kicks and roundhouses looking pretty slick

Doesn't drink. He is straight edge with the "X" on his hands and everything.
Makes me feel like a queer for not drinking now. I dont want to have anything in common with him.

99% of his career he was sub par but the K1 Maia that showed up against Colby was a beautiful thing to see.

Shields is up there. Hard to tell about Ryan Hall but he could be top material.

ronda-rousey-wwe-hiatus-family-wrestlemania.jpg

Oleynik is the best "worst striker"

throws crazy overhand clubbing punches with no set up

RemoteHandsomeHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif

OleynikDropsBrowne.gif

Cant find it but also dropped Hunt with a crazy single shot after being completely destroyed on the feet -- looked like he was 1 leg kick from being finished

I’d say Khabib based on the fact that we keep hearing he sucks but he usually wins striking exchanges, even against much better strikers because of the TD threat.

99% of his career he was sub par but the K1 Maia that showed up against Colby was a beautiful thing to see.
It's funny since Colby's wrestling negated Maia's takedowns with ease, so he had to unleash his K1 form. Too bad he couldn't maintain it for rounds 2 and 3.

Are you a newer fan? GSP was a striker first and foremost and incorporated wrestling later on.

Do you remember the “Rush” days? Before his loss to Matt Serra, he was a finisher, mixing up Ko/TKO and Subs.

Sorry but GSP isn’t a “bad Striker”
Not even a gsp guy but him being a " bad striker" is laughable. Yes, he turned out to be one of the best mma wrestlers ever and fought safe but when he had to- no problems standing. In fact, owned one of the better jabs and was technically sound.

My pick is Funky Ben

He has virtually zero stand up game, yet somehow he manages to win his fights. Most fighters would have been out cold taking those Robbie Lawler shots, but not Ben. Askren fights like a zombie, he walks into punches and latches on to his opponents to just wrestle fuck them to the end

Brock Lesnar was another terrible striker that managed to win a UFC title

Can't forget about Ronda either
I have more respect for both Ben and Ronda than Brock, a lot of Brocks success was due to his size. Askren and Rousey was due to their ability (and the fact they never relied on PEDs)

Back