The Ashes thread

lol, Australia look like they are going to absolutely smash England for this Ashes series.

I want England to win, but when you get beat so easily, you just have to laugh!

Cummins is out of the 2nd test w/ Covid.

This means Steve Smith has returned to the captaincy. Not a great look

2-0 up. Another strong performance for Australia. With Cummins and Hazlewood out Adelaide was England’s best shot at getting a win this summer.

If bad weather or COVID doesn’t fuck it up 5-0 is on the cards.

Cummins is out of the 2nd test w/ Covid.

This means Steve Smith has returned to the captaincy. Not a great look

He didn't get Covid, but was in a restaurant with a person that did have/get it.

On Smith getting the captaincy, it was only a matter of time. A) they want him to havee the job and B) they already said that Cummins would have his workload managed as a quick so he was likely to have to sit some games out anyway

Jesus christ England are just shambles.

Got to feel for root

Lol Boland was at 6/5

What a debut

Only question left is whether Australia wins by innings. Last wicket, trail by 15

Lol nope. Retain the ashes by innings

That was amazing. Borland destroying England was especially hilarious considering he’s probably the 6th best quick we have.

It's almost impossible to be an England-fan at this point...

England narrowly avoid another heavy defeat and the players act like it's some big achievement.

<LikeReally5><{clintugh}><{anton}><{vega}><WhatIsThis><mma3><{cruzshake}><{hughesimpress}><36><puh-lease75><DisgustingHHH><JerryWWF><FutbolThink><Prem973><{chips}>

I (almost) feel bad for the people that bet on a 5-0 whitewash

England narrowly avoid another heavy defeat and the players act like it's some big achievement.
Acting like a draw is some great achievment is anathema to me, especially when it was only "achieved' through rain delay.

They already lost the Ashes and are pretty much in a distant last place in the World Test Cricket Championship. They need points, draw isnt going to do anything.

Pretty pathetic imo

Acting like a draw is some great achievment is anathema to me, especially when it was only "achieved' through rain delay.

They already lost the Ashes and are pretty much in a distant last place in the World Test Cricket Championship. They need points, draw isnt going to do anything.

Pretty pathetic imo

Yup.

Bang average Aussie team humiliating is not something to celebrate.

This test could be over quicker than the Melbourne one ha ha. I'm isolating with covid so hoping for a long test and no rain interruptions.

4-0. Pretty dominant by Australia. Boland has been a real find. Green making an impact with bat and ball is great too.

Headed to Pakistan in a few months which is a huge test for our blokes. Steve Smith is pretty much our only current player who’s done well in the subcontinent so we’ll need to improve on that.

22 overs?? I thought it would at least get into day 2.. I was thinking maybe Aussie with a few wickets, England on 11 runs... result would be on balance. I was disappointed.

Back