The Ashes thread

England should be looking to get a 200 run lead here.

Pitch starting to fade, England winning by an innings is not out of the question, imo.

Edit: just seen rain forecast for the next 3 days.......would be such a shame to see this one washed out. Bless the English summer.

England should be looking to get a 200 run lead here.

Pitch starting to fade, England winning by an innings is not out of the question, imo.

Edit: just seen rain forecast for the next 3 days.......would be such a shame to see this one washed out. Bless the English summer.
It was brutal to watch, Cummins got emasculated a little there. Fairplay to Crawley. Felt like something like this was coming, due to the injuries of our bowlers, but oof, wasn't prepared for something that bad.

The lads sum up my thoughts:

England probably batted too long, weirdly enough.

Apparently there's a reasonable chance the next 2 days will be a total wash out, which will be a massive anti climax for the entire series.

England absolutely blowing this.

Bowled very poorly here.

Laubuschange probably won the Ashes right there.

Awful way to end what could have been an all timer of a series.

Robbing us of what could have been an epic decider. Can't imagine even the Aussies wanted to "win" like that, but seemingly many did.

Kinda ironic that the first time a team has actually put in a solid batting performance, it's the weather that ultimately beat them.

Awful way to end what could have been an all timer of a series.

Robbing us of what could have been an epic decider. Can't imagine even the Aussies wanted to "win" like that, but seemingly many did.

Kinda ironic that the first time a team has actually put in a solid batting performance, it's the weather that ultimately beat them.
Divine intervention. God hates England.

The whole of England are really leaning into the ‘whinging Pom’ stereotype atm.
It’s not our fault that your weather is terrible.

Reactions: BAM
The whole of England are really leaning into the ‘whinging Pom’ stereotype atm.
It’s not our fault that your weather is terrible.

eyeroll-smirk.gif

I'm kind of glad the series is nearly over, it's been intense. Glad we've wrapped up the Ashes so hopefully I can enjoy the last test.

For all I care England can smash us, we retain the Ashes!

KjlXD9.gif

Who is hyped for match 5 day 5? A record breaking 249 more needed to win, with still 10 wickets in hand and warner finally looking like he learnt how to bat again. History says no, but the tingling in my balls say we are in with a chance here. 3-1

Who is hyped for match 5 day 5? A record breaking 249 more needed to win, with still 10 wickets in hand and warner finally looking like he learnt how to bat again. History says no, but the tingling in my balls say we are in with a chance here. 3-1
if you forget the overall total and yesterday's score, and just look at it as 249 to win with 10 wickets, absent of a meltdown or rain, Australia should win this.

if you forget the overall total and yesterday's score, and just look at it as 249 to win with 10 wickets, absent of a meltdown or rain, Australia should win this.
History says otherwise and this will be the 8th highest run chase, so I'm not underestimating the task. But like I said I'm feeling the tingles. Just look at it as a fresh start with 249 total like you said. And that start isn't with the new ball either so that is good. Great series. Gotta love test match cricket.

Oof, what a mistake from Stokes.

This would have been all time great series if the pesky weather hadn’t cost England that 4th test.

4th test out of 5 where both teams have a good chance of winning going into the last session of the match.

First 10 overs after lunch is key, here. If Australia don’t lose a wicket, they should canter to victory.

65/35 Australia.

Last edited:
Great ending.

2-2 just about the right result, though both sides will be frustrated not to win, England especially.

Does anyone watch The Hundred here? I'm a Northern Superchargers fan. The third season starts tomorrow! I've been following it from the start but never bothered to mention it on here.

Does anyone watch The Hundred here? I'm a Northern Superchargers fan. The third season starts tomorrow! I've been following it from the start but never bothered to mention it on here.

I'll watch it when i can, helps at times when they show them live on YT , i can have it on in the background at work

Back