Television The Anime and Manga Thread: v45

Based on the cover image, looks weird......

Imma watch lol. Hopefully its atleast average.

I like the Witcher, but its a bang average show. No way does it have decent mystery aswell. Maybe slightly above average...but its not on the level of the shows I mentioned.

Without Kaiji etc you dont get Squid Games, another show which blew the fuck up last year and has the kind of feel im looking for.
You an AoT anime only?

I tried to rewatch Death Note recently

I can’t really figure out why I used to like it as a teen

Is that related to the movie Snake in the Eagle's Shadow?
No clue, never heard of it. Reading a synopsis on wikipedia it doesn't sound like it. Might be a coincidence, might be an homage, but based on what I've read of the series they don't appear related.

Any great anime recommendations [maybe with mystery and a great plot/story/characters]?

Some of my faves include Death Note, and AoT.
But tbh im looking for something like One Outs, Kaiji, Liar Game etc. Love these types of anime that puts the characters in tough situations to reveal their characters, and maybe devise good plans to escape etc.
Monster
odd Taxi
Erased

You an AoT anime only?
Of course, lol. Gonna wait for the season to finish to complete it.
I tried to rewatch Death Note recently

I can’t really figure out why I used to like it as a teen
Damn, that happened with me with Code Geass, still love DN tho.
Monster
odd Taxi
Erased
Giving Odd Taxi a go, erased was good until the end which sucked. Monster is great then I get bored due to the slow pace.

They went nuts with the blood in the latest Attack on Titan episode.

<{JustBleed}>

It's still early, but you might want to give the webtoon The Eagle and the Snake a shot [LINK].
The art is basically generic western comics art, its decent but man I really disliked the writing in the first 3 chapters. Its so plain and generic, its mediocre at best. Im shocked at how much people like it in the comments.

Then it turned into some UFC/Payday type shit and then I changed my mind.

Because you wanted a Death Note to solve your adolescent grudges
Nah not me, never been prone to grudges

but when I say I don’t know, I do actually know why I liked it. What I mean to say is I can’t put myself back in that headspace because that was now like 16 years ago or something

just saying. It’s interesting because there’s plenty of other shows or manga from that time that I still enjoy when I go back to them.

Death Note was ok, but damn did it drop hard about halfway through, and with just an awful ending.

@Lavitz
@GSP4tw

For One Piece

Luffy and Kaido Battle picking up , Luffy Can hang with any of the End Series big Bads at this point , unless Imu and the Gorosei are an order of power above the likes of Akainu and Black Beard.

The Navy was prepared with a Buster Call to try to assist CP0 in catching Nico Robin , this time the Buster Call meets its match in a Big Fucking Elephant.
I don't think we've seen what Akainu can really do. Even though Whitebeard tossed him around at Marineford he was still basically undamaged at the end and Blackbeard and his entire crew wanted nothing to do with Akainu when he was on that ship they were supposed to exchange for Bonnie.

I hope the Gorosei weren't talking about Luffys fruit, but Oda has already hinted(well more than hinted really..) that its special, so I'm afraid they are.

I don't think we've seen what Akainu can really do. Even though Whitebeard tossed him around at Marineford he was still basically undamaged at the end and Blackbeard and his entire crew wanted nothing to do with Akainu when he was on that ship they were supposed to exchange for Bonnie.

I hope the Gorosei weren't talking about Luffys fruit, but Oda has already hinted(well more than hinted really..) that its special, so I'm afraid they are.

I rate Akainu High , but I feel like there is still a Hidden Enemy. Plus Oda has already Stated if Akainu was actually a the Protagonist Pirate Searching for the One Piece , he would have already found it, which is him hinting at how highly he regards him.

Also I'm reminded that Shanks Blocked his Shot on Coby and no one wanted a piece of the Red Haired Pirates , so I'm looking forward to them getting unleashed.

Started watching Shaman King (2021). Never watched the old one or read the manga, but so far it seems like it may be pretty good. I'm just watching it while I let AOT and Demon Slayer build up more episodes.

I'm also considering reading OPM manga. I read the webcomic and a little bit of the manga several years ago. It's the only manga I ever read since I'm more of a anime guy. Just tired of waiting for the anime, which I don't think has any set date yet for season 3....

Started watching Shaman King (2021). Never watched the old one or read the manga, but so far it seems like it may be pretty good. I'm just watching it while I let AOT and Demon Slayer build up more episodes.
Shaman King was one of the first series I read back when I first got into manga. It taught me an important lesson: action shonens rarely stick the landing, especially if they get cancelled. It was also a bit of an anomaly in that it got a chance to go back and redo its ending. I remember it being pretty entertaining except for the ending, but more than a decade later I'll be damned if I could tell you anything about the plot or characters.

Shaman King was one of the first series I read back when I first got into manga. It taught me an important lesson: action shonens rarely stick the landing, especially if they get cancelled. It was also a bit of an anomaly in that it got a chance to go back and redo its ending. I remember it being pretty entertaining except for the ending, but more than a decade later I'll be damned if I could tell you anything about the plot or characters.
Yeah we will see. It's not really holding my interest, but I'm only on episode 3.

My Hero Academia Fanz favorite Characters Hero or villian?
1. Mirio Togata- the true protagonist of the series. Embodies all of All-mights ideals even could surpass him. Fought the most over powered villian since All for One for 5 minutes without his Quirk! His relationship with Sun eater is so touching. My fav anime character ever.turned a horrible quirk to his greatest power.
2. Shoto Todoroki- crazy powered son of the secomd greatest hero. Turned trauma and conflict into a strength . great character development
3. Shota Aiawazia- a true teacher, Dekus silent champion (problem child!) Cool quirk basically a nullifer
4. Gentle criminal- truly a mild neutral evil, theres no black and white in good and evil. Loved this arch.
5. Tamiki Amijiki (suneater)- obv his and Mirios relationship i Ship them hard. Hes so powerful but lacks confidence. I cheer everytime he breaks out of his shell

Can someone explain to me how One Punch is still going on?

Wasn't the whole point to satirize the genre and overpowered heroes?

Has it become that which it mocked?

Back