Television The Anime and Manga Thread: v45

Was it your first Jojo part? To each his own
but for me it's just so much fun it's not to be taken seriously or deeply I guess. It's purposefully over the top.
Nah, I've seen parts 1-4. There's a lot of things I like about the show (art, characters, humor) but a large majority of the fights are a pain for me to get through due to poor writing. A good example of this is near the end of part 4 when Killer Queen has that 3rd bomb type. It breaks its own rules and kills off the entire gang before reverting time. I groaned when that happened and just hit fast forward. The stand stupidly revealed itself yet somehow that triggered it, but then one episode later the user accidentally reveals himself and it doesn't trigger it? Bad writing, imo.

Nah, I've seen parts 1-4. There's a lot of things I like about the show (art, characters, humor) but a large majority of the fights are a pain for me to get through due to poor writing. A good example of this is near the end of part 4 when Killer Queen has that 3rd bomb type. It breaks its own rules and kills off the entire gang before reverting time. I groaned when that happened and just hit fast forward. The stand stupidly revealed itself yet somehow that triggered it, but then one episode later the user accidentally reveals himself and it doesn't trigger it? Bad writing, imo.
That the user revealing himself is not a trigger for the stand makes sense. And when bites the dust reveals himself to the gang it was because the kid tried to kill himself, also makes sense.

That the user revealing himself is not a trigger for the stand makes sense. And when bites the dust reveals himself to the gang it was because the kid tried to kill himself, also makes sense.
No it doesn't. How does the kid trying to kill himself trigger the ability? Nothing they established about the power goes along with that. It only attaches itself when someone uses the kid to investigate. They didn't get that far, instead the kid tried to kill himself and accidentally revealed the stand. That shouldn't trigger the power going off the rules it previously established. It was poor writing.

No it doesn't. How does the kid trying to kill himself trigger the ability? Nothing they established about the power goes along with that. It only attaches itself when someone uses the kid to investigate. They didn't get that far, instead the kid tried to kill himself and accidentally revealed the stand. That shouldn't trigger the power going off the rules it previously established. It was poor writing.
They were kinda investigating the kid when he decided to kill himself.

They were kinda investigating the kid when he decided to kill himself.
Then the power should have attached to them immediately if that was the case. Earlier they established the power works when the kid is asked questions in regards to his father. He was never asked, instead the stand fucked up and revealed itself.

I'm really glad it didn't end up in a big fight. As interesting as that could be, I prefer the character development shown in this resolution.

Yeah , Mu Won's Rival is a cool dude and obviously respects Jin a lot. Also I liked that they didn't drag the missing memories out , it's going to be a kick in the Balls once it's revealed that Jin killed her brother , although he had no way of knowing about their relationship.

74588921b6b22cfb656aec7cda68b43efd5329a9.jpg

4f8e19b16f18e9b1644ab425e5b47d0367167690r1-2048-2048v2_00.jpg

New Demon Slayer is good. Suma is cute AF and Demon waifu is hot AF

She's def a cutie, but Suma is so damn adorable
They... grew.. significantly for the anime.

demon-slayer-tengen-uzui.gif

I started reading a light novel. Yes, reading and yes, probably the one you all are thinking of. I'm actually quite enjoying myself even though it's clearly written for younger folks.

They... grew.. significantly for the anime.

demon-slayer-tengen-uzui.gif

I started reading a light novel. Yes, reading and yes, probably the one you all are thinking of. I'm actually quite enjoying myself even though it's clearly written for younger folks.

Suma is going to have to watch out for back problems in the future lol

@JBSchroeds I reread parts of the Northern Blade and there are Clues that hint that the Minister of the 9 Skies (Minister Kwan) is the one pulling the Strings of the Twin Headed Demon/Dragon Society . The demonic guy that used to be Mu Won's Friend met up with a hooded figure during a meeting , that figure had an Index Ring and a Thump Ring. After Jin defeats the Sword Demon , Minister Kwan introduces himself and basically sizes up Mu Won , and Mu Won is wary of him , as he is walking away from the Compound Minister Kwan has a sinister look , and the two rings are visible. It remains to be seen if the 9 skies have been completely corrupted or if it's only a pocket of them.

@JBSchroeds more talking points

Looking back on the 1st Chapter in context to the Story Progressing . Mu Won's Father . Jin Kwan Ho , was OP , it took the 4 Northern Pillars to Betray him and the 9 Heavenly Skies to assist, even then he could have done one final bersek charge , but he knew that his son was at risk so he commits Sucide after they agreed to spare his son.

Also I mentioned this before but the Spear Master was mentioned by the Sword Master as not being one of the ones who Betrayed Mu Won's after. So either he was duped into believing Kwan Ho was a traitor and found out after the fact , or he was possibly black mailed by the other 3 , the route they may take with this has me guessing.

Nano Machine - The Families of the Disciplies are receiving the bodies , putting into plan the MC's revenge plot of having them fight each other. Also it seems the Woman who hired the Poison Sect to kill his mother is a Skilled Grand Master herself . I like that non of the MC's enemies understand the extra help he has internally , the next reaction to the revelation of his strength will be good.

Mercenary Enrollment - 006 assists Ijin to get 032 away from 004 , seems that 004 finally realizes he was fighting Ijin - The end of the chapter implies the Idol who has a crush on Ijin might be caught up in the next chapters as she tries to form a bond with him.

Blue Giant [56] - That critique was not holding back. Ouch.
Wind Breaker [366] - Damn Dom, those weights. And then the selfie.
The Ember Knight [31] - Oh, but he was that far ahead.
Legend of the Northern Blade [114] - That was cool of him, just to walk away. Cute reunion.
Survival Story of a Sword King in a Fantasy World [113] - Cute haircut.
Sword Sheath's Child [95] - So, if those memories were true then everything that's happened, and all the characters shown, are way more interconnected that it first appeared. But I'm having trouble with the timeline, this stuff just doesn't seem to fit together.
The Challenger [23] - lol at them all giving the finger. Also, MCs are a pair of dorks.

Last edited:
Confession:
I love reading the weekly threads on /r/manga for the Rent a Girlfriend series

More enjoyable than reading the actual series

Ah, there was a bit of controversy about that series recently right? The MC has some vivid fantasy about some faceless guy in a beret banging the heroine and gets upset about it. I haven't read it myself, but it sounds like it would be very jarring for long-term readers.

Ah, there was a bit of controversy about that series recently right? The MC has some vivid fantasy about some faceless guy in a beret banging the heroine and gets upset about it. I haven't read it myself, but it sounds like it would be very jarring for long-term readers.
There were numerous pages of the MC imagining the girl having graphic sex in numerous positions with a character from earlier in the series
All while he is floating in a pool in public crying with a huge erection

There were numerous pages of the MC imagining the girl having graphic sex in numerous positions with a character from earlier in the series
All while he is floating in a pool in public crying with a huge erection
Gotta get that NTR money.

Back