Television The Anime and Manga Thread: v45

Did I just see that the new AOT final season is out? I hate waiting week after week so I plan to wait a month or two before I start it. Same with demon slayer. Didn't watch yesterdays episode yet.

New Demon Slayer!

Daki is my girl but... GODDAMNN DAT NEZUKOOOOOO

PS - I just realized Daki looks like Mira from Fairy Tail in her demon forms. No wonder she's so fine.

Last edited:
Did I just see that the new AOT final season is out? I hate waiting week after week so I plan to wait a month or two before I start it. Same with demon slayer. Didn't watch yesterdays episode yet.

I'm doing the same with AOT. Looks like the first episode just came out last Sunday. I also something something about a part 3 on FB. So now I'm really confused about what's going on and I don't want to google it and get spoiled.

@JBSchroeds

Do you read Return of the Crazy Demon ? It's only 30 Chapters, I keep laughing at how Savage the MC is when dealing with enemies, just keeps talking shit.

I'm doing the same with AOT. Looks like the first episode just came out last Sunday. I also something something about a part 3 on FB. So now I'm really confused about what's going on and I don't want to google it and get spoiled.
Only 1 episode so far. I didn't even know it was back yet and just finished watching it.

@Lavitz
@GSP4tw

For One Piece

Luffy and Kaido Battle picking up , Luffy Can hang with any of the End Series big Bads at this point , unless Imu and the Gorosei are an order of power above the likes of Akainu and Black Beard.

The Navy was prepared with a Buster Call to try to assist CP0 in catching Nico Robin , this time the Buster Call meets its match in a Big Fucking Elephant.

Return of the Mount Hua Sect [46] - Ooh, MC is not happy with that girl.
Record of the War God [122] - No long monologues for you!
Record of the War God [124] - New old-fart seems cool. I like that there's finally somebody who immediately recognizes what's going on.
Records of the Mystic Gardens [109] - Interesting twist on the macro-mind entity.
Doom Breaker [24] - Oooh, internal strife.
The Ember Knight [32] - That girl, what a weiner. Also more teasing related to the series title.
The Eagle and the Snake [19] - Hey, new character, new plot wrinkle on top of the blown bank-job.
Blue Giant [57] - *thumbs up* Hooray for character growth!
Trash of the Count's Family [68] - I wonder if that's an intentional Gravity Falls reference. Not that they invented the concept, but it's one of the more popular incarnations.
Mercenary Enrollment [67] - Hmm, wonder if he'll teach this new kid to fight back. Just beating up the bullies himself won't work out long term.
The Great Mage Returns 4000 Years [110] - Another good laugh about the MC liking older ladies. And droppin' the challenge to put the twerps in their place.
Wind Breaker [368] - Oh man, little sister renting the car.
Eleceed [143] - Poor Kartien.
Leveling with the Gods [38] - MC about to clean them out. Don't make open ended agreements with the OP dude!
Bungo [273-275] - I almost didn't write an entry for this, then I realized I burned through three chapters without even noticing. That's some impressive narrative drive.
Guard Pass [22] - Tazered right in the ass. lolz
Hero Killer [38] - Listen dummy, that's not an eatin' mushroom.
SSoaSwordKingiAW [114] - Aw, the spiders. And Barolt is a muscle head of the highest order.
The Return of the Crazy Demon [30] - MC isn't playing around. Them dudes are fucked.
Fist Demon of Mount Hua [66] - Dang, everybody 'round here trying to pick a fight. I expect this will be resolved in a cook-off rather than fisticuffs.
Rebuild World [29] - Interesting fight. Dude's not going down easy.
The Challenger [24] - Bunny meathead. Poor girl is too confident.

Any great anime recommendations [maybe with mystery and a great plot/story/characters]?

Some of my faves include Death Note, and AoT.
But tbh im looking for something like One Outs, Kaiji, Liar Game etc. Love these types of anime that puts the characters in tough situations to reveal their characters, and maybe devise good plans to escape etc.

@JBSchroeds Do you read Chronicles of the Heavenly Demon ? Over 150 Chapters , a more unique art style and fairly good Returner/Revenge plot which these days are the Tropes I've been liking.

@JBSchroeds Do you read Chronicles of the Heavenly Demon ? Over 150 Chapters , a more unique art style and fairly good Returner/Revenge plot which these days are the Tropes I've been liking.
I did. I enjoyed it for a good while, but it lost me somewhere around...chapter 140-ish, I think it was. Some of the later powerups the MC gets felt like lazy writing to me.

Any great anime recommendations [maybe with mystery and a great plot/story/characters]?

But tbh im looking for something like One Outs, Kaiji, Liar Game etc. Love these types of anime that puts the characters in tough situations to reveal their characters, and maybe devise good plans to escape etc.

I know it's not really traditional anime, but people apparently love Arcane. (I might be thinking out loud, because I'm thinking of giving it a shot)

Also, I've never seen any of the animes you listed :p

I know it's not really traditional anime, but people apparently love Arcane. (I might be thinking out loud, because I'm thinking of giving it a shot)
Loved it, was raving about it a while ago.
Also, I've never seen any of the animes you listed :p
Watch them, theyre all great. Liar Game is a manga though.

Odd Taxi.

Not anime, but The Witcher has all of these themes and philosophies. First real non-anime show I've watched in a long long time.

Odd Taxi.
Based on the cover image, looks weird......

Imma watch lol. Hopefully its atleast average.

Not anime, but The Witcher has all of these themes and philosophies. First real non-anime show I've watched in a long long time.
I like the Witcher, but its a bang average show. No way does it have decent mystery aswell. Maybe slightly above average...but its not on the level of the shows I mentioned.

Without Kaiji etc you dont get Squid Games, another show which blew the fuck up last year and has the kind of feel im looking for.

It's still early, but you might want to give the webtoon The Eagle and the Snake a shot [LINK].

Back