The 2018 Hurricane Season (PBP): Cat-4 Hurricane Michael leaving a trail of destruction in Florida

It's 2018. We need a rich guy to bankroll a weather manipulation machine, or at least a hurricane neutrifier.

I dont miss living in the SE for this reason ..course it doesn't matter anymore since I got deployed to two hurricanes while stationed on the Great Lakes.... We'll see what the west coast brings

lol when the rest of the country talks shit about California, i'm like enjoy your tornados and hurricanes.
<Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves>

lol when the rest of the country talks shit about California, i'm like enjoy your tornados and hurricanes.
<Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves>
All things considered, I’ll take the tornadoes and hurricanes ...

I bet, not only it's for the road trip out of the impending swamp, but people in Raleigh are snatching up power generators left and right as well.

Are you evacuating or ride swim it out?

Just gonna stick it out. I've been in Raleigh for tons of Hurricanes in the past 25 years and it's always came out ok for me.

I'll be checking out The Weather Channel's coverage.

Sticking it out here in Norfolk, VA. Stocked up on a good amount of the essentials (liquor and ammo) so I'm thinking I'll be quite alright.
Coming from California though this is my first natural disaster of this magnitude I've experienced, is it strange I'm somewhat excited?

Sticking it out here in Norfolk, VA. Stocked up on a good amount of the essentials (liquor and ammo) so I'm thinking I'll be quite alright.
Coming from California though this is my first natural disaster of this magnitude I've experienced, is it strange I'm somewhat excited?
Bro please don't.

All things considered, I’ll take the tornadoes and hurricanes ...
Hmmm $3500 a month for a shitty apartment so you can walk outside and step in human shit on the sidewalk , and the gayest gun laws in the country

Or

None of that and maybe lose power for a few days once a year or 4.

#metoo

I've lived here for 20 years. As far as I can remember, every single hurricane gets hyped to shit. Entire city goes wild buying out entire grocery and hardware stores.

Only once, in that entire time, has a hurricane actually been rough on the area.

I'm predicting 35-45 mph winds and two days of heavy rain. I'll drink a glass of my own piss if it gets worse than that.

Oh, and Dominion preemptively cutting power and leaving us in the dark for nearly 2 weeks (Fuck you Isabel)
Thats my biggest worry personally.

That’s pretty much what I said when Hugo hit Charleston. I was young and bulletproof. That was absolutely the dumbest fucking thing I have ever done in my life - and I’ve done some stupid shit, lol. Jesus F’ing Christ I’ve never been so scared in my life. I was a mile from the harbor and I thought the roof was coming off our building. Hugo hit as a Cat 5 and made landfall as an upper Cat 4 hurricane. He leveled entire forests 50 miles inland and we were without water or power for weeks.
a gal who means a lot to me is in Charlesteon! should i tell her to get the fuck out of there? she says she's inland and should be fine but she moved there from Michigan a year and a half ago and has no idea!!

I feel all left out..

We don't get any hurricanes, tornadoes or earthquakes... Just drought.

Sad.

a gal who means a lot to me is in Charlesteon! should i tell her to get the fuck out of there? she says she's inland and should be fine but she moved there from Michigan a year and a half ago and has no idea!!
You just can't be sure. The track has shifted north, which should favor her, but Charleston is a peninsula that is BELOW sea level. Floods are common but something like this is catastrophic. I'd tell her to come up to Columbia and get a room for a few days but I could be overreacting.

You just can't be sure. The track has shifted north, which should favor her, but Charleston is a peninsula that is BELOW sea level. Floods are common but something like this is catastrophic. I'd tell her to come up to Columbia and get a room for a few days but I could be overreacting.

unfortunately she has to run a restaurant and can't leave. i told her to forget about the restaurant, how many people are going to be eating out? she says shes all stocked up and will be ok... i trust her...

Oh, and Dominion preemptively cutting power and leaving us in the dark for nearly 2 weeks (Fuck you Isabel)
Thats my biggest worry personally.

Isabel was a real cunt but I survived that without leaving.

Back