The 2018 Hurricane Season (PBP): Cat-4 Hurricane Michael leaving a trail of destruction in Florida

Now it does look like Mexico.... joking! <_<

For real tho, pretty crazy how devastated that all looks. I wonder what building codes they have in relation to hurricanes. My condo building was built in 2010 and is a fortress. A lot of the single family homes being built now look very strong and durable as well. There were a few houses in the video that looked relatively undamaged in a sea of destroyed houses. I wonder if they are more modern and built with stricter code.

Consider that sinkholes are opening up everywhere in Florida, building a heavily-fortified concrete-block neighborhood that could collectively withstand hurricanes without a scratch might just means you're trading one disaster for another.

Settling in Sinkhole Alley: 'If you live in Florida they're just a fact of life'
Based on recent incidents, Florida seems to be collapsing in on itself fast – but sinkholes have always been part of the landscape.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/14/sinkhole-alley-florida-fact-of-life

Last edited:
Back