The 2018 Hurricane Season (PBP): Cat-4 Hurricane Michael leaving a trail of destruction in Florida

bc10ee691d8ef05697dad0cf0f598f0634abace82ec42d74c13a4ac5a95fbe6f.gif

Stay safe SE Sherbros.

Hope it blows through with no stall and massive flooding. Otherwise I guess I might be seeing y'all.

Here we go again. Please baby Jesus just let these things turn north and fizzle out

Well, you might soon, right? Or maybe Flo is saying would to you...

I live in SE Virginia. Everyone panics about hurricanes and they hit us badly once every 20 years or so.

We're not due and I'm not worried.

I live in SE Virginia. Everyone panics about hurricanes and they hit us badly once every 20 years or so.

We're not due and I'm not worried.

At the very least, you're going to get an absolute deluge of rain. You live on the first floor?

At the very least, you're going to get an absolute deluge of rain. You live on the first floor?

I live on a hill. It would suck if I lived street-level, but there would have to be 6 feet of rain for me to be worried about flooding.

I live on a hill. It would suck if I lived street-level, but there would have to be 6 feet of rain for me to be worried about flooding.

If it stalls, it'll be close to that.

My area has been ordered to evacuate.

I'm not going anywhere. Mother Nature can suck my fat dick.
That’s pretty much what I said when Hugo hit Charleston. I was young and bulletproof. That was absolutely the dumbest fucking thing I have ever done in my life - and I’ve done some stupid shit, lol. Jesus F’ing Christ I’ve never been so scared in my life. I was a mile from the harbor and I thought the roof was coming off our building. Hugo hit as a Cat 5 and made landfall as an upper Cat 4 hurricane. He leveled entire forests 50 miles inland and we were without water or power for weeks.

That’s pretty much what I said when Hugo hit Charleston. I was young and bulletproof. That was absolutely the dumbest fucking thing I have ever done in my life - and I’ve done some stupid shit, lol. Jesus F’ing Christ I’ve never been so scared in my life. I thought the roof was coming off our building. Hugo hit as a Cat 5 and made landfall as an upper Cat 4 hurricane. He leveled entire forests 50 miles inland and we were without water or power for weeks.

It was mid cat 4 at landfall. I'm a hurricane junkie.

That being said, I'm not belittling you. A cat. 4 of any kind is no joke. I rode out Wilma as a cat. 3 and it was pretty nasty. I will not ride out a cat. 4 or higher.

It was mid cat 4 at landfall. I'm a hurricane junkie.

That being said, I'm not belittling you. A cat. 4 of any kind is no joke. I rode out Wilma as a cat. 3 and it was pretty nasty. I will not ride out a cat. 4 or higher.
It was like hell on earth and the sound wouldn’t stop. All night. I’m upstate now and still nervous.

It was like hell on earth and the sound wouldn’t stop. All night. I’m upstate now and still nervous.

Yeah, I've been through about 5 hurricanes now and the sound of the wind is like out of a horror movie.

Some of my pics from Wilma:

17024492304_40f69b5aef_c.jpg

17459399510_6a67e12e31_c.jpg

17024783794_da84f9e7cd_c.jpg

16874879544_04c0f3816a_z.jpg

16874030994_44bf4ea3c0_c.jpg

17309244390_318305fdbc_c.jpg

17470537536_a72ebdb520_c.jpg

That’s pretty much what I said when Hugo hit Charleston. I was young and bulletproof. That was absolutely the dumbest fucking thing I have ever done in my life - and I’ve done some stupid shit, lol. Jesus F’ing Christ I’ve never been so scared in my life. I was a mile from the harbor and I thought the roof was coming off our building. Hugo hit as a Cat 5 and made landfall as an upper Cat 4 hurricane. He leveled entire forests 50 miles inland and we were without water or power for weeks.

I've lived here for 20 years. As far as I can remember, every single hurricane gets hyped to shit. Entire city goes wild buying out entire grocery and hardware stores.

Only once, in that entire time, has a hurricane actually been rough on the area.

I'm predicting 35-45 mph winds and two days of heavy rain. I'll drink a glass of my own piss if it gets worse than that.

I've lived here for 20 years. As far as I can remember, every single hurricane gets hyped to shit. Entire city goes wild buying out entire grocery and hardware stores.

Only once, in that entire time, has a hurricane actually been rough on the area.

I'm predicting 35-45 mph winds and two days of heavy rain. I'll drink a glass of my own piss if it gets worse than that.

To survive, you might have to drink your own piss.

You anywhere near the landfall here?

78ee210f88af93929373eb1713efbb9f715aa465add815c3c1c21e0244a86043.gif

If you're in Virginia, you'll be on the NE side at the least, which is the worst.

You anywhere near the landfall here?

78ee210f88af93929373eb1713efbb9f715aa465add815c3c1c21e0244a86043.gif

If you're in Virginia, you'll be on the NE side at the least, which is the worst.

According to that model, I have nothing to worry about. Predicting the storm to almost completely die off before really impacting us.

I'm not going anywhere.

Back