The 2018 Hurricane Season (PBP): Cat-4 Hurricane Michael leaving a trail of destruction in Florida

If it stalls like they are saying, this could be an actual disaster.

I live in Newport and this whole area is going to get absolutely crushed. Winds have been dialed back a bit, but the rain has been dialed up. The shift south has drawn a sense of false hope. Just puts us on the worst side of the storm. 20-40" of rain expected. This is going to take weeks to sort out.

I wouldn't pay attention to the actual track now. It changes north to south to north as it gets closer. It will probably change and shift north again.

I wouldn't pay attention to the actual track now. It changes north to south to north as it gets closer. It will probably change and shift north again.

I'm more worried about the stalling of the storm than I am the track.

I'm more worried about the stalling of the storm than I am the track.

I'd worry about both. She's going through an eye wall replacement right now. She's about to gain strength soon.

I'd worry about both. She's going through an eye wall replacement right now. She's about to gain strength soon.

The track is irrelevant due to the sheer size of the storm, imo. Where I am, a little shift here or there isn't going to matter too much. Still going to get inundated with rain.

Do they need bottled water after these events? I'm thinking about driving down with some bottled water. Wouldn't gouge crazy, but would help and make a few bucks. Is water shipped in pretty fast?

Do they need bottled water after these events? I'm thinking about driving down with some bottled water. Wouldn't gouge crazy, but would help and make a few bucks. Is water shipped in pretty fast?

WTF??? You can't gouge, period... it's against the law.

WTF??? You can't gouge, period... it's against the law.
We spend $2 a bottle at the gas station, I wouldn't feel guilty about selling a 24 pack for 30-40, or a gallon for $5.

We spend $2 a bottle at the gas station, I wouldn't feel guilty about selling a 24 pack for 30-40, or a gallon for $5.

Come on man... at a grocery store, a 24 pack is like $10. Don't be a dick.

I live in Newport and this whole area is going to get absolutely crushed. Winds have been dialed back a bit, but the rain has been dialed up. The shift south has drawn a sense of false hope. Just puts us on the worst side of the storm. 20-40" of rain expected. This is going to take weeks to sort out.

This latest shift should help us, still will see prob 3-5 swells but looking like it will be pretty much a tropical storm type weather at worst for us up in northern Dare and you in Norfolk/Chesapeake

Cloudy in Charlotte checking in.

Sticking it out here in Norfolk, VA. Stocked up on a good amount of the essentials (liquor and ammo) so I'm thinking I'll be quite alright.
Coming from California though this is my first natural disaster of this magnitude I've experienced, is it strange I'm somewhat excited?

Also in Norfolk, and like I've said, I'm not going anywhere.

I know we have several USPHS folks preparing to deploy and provide assistance . . . hopefully things don't get too crazy.

This latest shift should help us, still will see prob 3-5 swells but looking like it will be pretty much a tropical storm type weather at worst for us up in northern Dare and you in Norfolk/Chesapeake

I'm in Newport NC. Down 70 from Morehead.
Screenshot_20180912-110154_MyRadar.jpg

Oh durn my fault I was thinking Norfolk Va but dude be safe bc it’s going to be rough

Thank you. It's going to be the worst I've ever seen and maybe will ever see. I was here for Bertha, Fran, Dennis, and Floyd. This will easily trump them.

Thank you. It's going to be the worst I've ever seen and maybe will ever see. I was here for Bertha, Fran, Dennis, and Floyd. This will easily trump them.

I know that’s right, I used to ride storms out when I lived in Nags Head but wouldn’t have the nerve to now, we ride atvs down near where you are and that’s flat low country so I bet it will be a load of water. My buddy owns a big boat dealership in Wilmington and he’s moving 20+ boats up here just north of Durham

I know that’s right, I used to ride storms out when I lived in Nags Head but wouldn’t have the nerve to now, we ride atvs down near where you are and that’s flat low country so I bet it will be a load of water. My buddy owns a big boat dealership in Wilmington and he’s moving 20+ boats up here just north of Durham

It's crazy. There's nowhere that's truly safe, only 'less dangerous.'

Back