The 20 Most Annoying Liberals of 2014

According to whom?

Frankly my opinion of Lena Dunham, not that I'd characterize myself as radical left, is "Wait... are we not talking about Leonidis's wife, 'cause she's hot".

Rollingstone, Huffington Post, Slate, Jezebel, Salon, Feministing, The Young Turks, Vox... and so on have been defending Lena Dunham since it came out that she sexually abused her sister for years. These are the same "news" and blog sites that praise her show and promote her as the voice of a generation.

Someone cares about promoting her because she has her silly show, people buy her book, and she is constantly being talked about in the media.

rollingstone, huffington post, slate, jezebel, salon, feministing, the young turks, vox... And so on have been defending lena dunham since it came out that she sexually abused her sister for years. These are the same "news" and blog sites that praise her show and promote her as the voice of a generation.

Someone cares about promoting her because she has her silly show, people buy her book, and she is constantly being talked about in the media.
wtf?

Plenty of things to criticize Lena Dunham for, but saying she sexually abused her sister is a bit hyperbolic. Her sister's a big lezbo and couldn't care less, anyway. If she doesn't see herself as a victim, why should we force that label on her? Isn't forced victimhood something we rightfully criticize feminists for?

Plenty of things to criticize Lena Dunham for, but saying she sexually abused her sister is a bit hyperbolic. Her sister's a big lezbo and couldn't care less, anyway. If she doesn't see herself as a victim, why should we force that label on her? Isn't forced victimhood something we rightfully criticize feminists for?

It's likely Dunham's sister is a "big lezbo" because Dunham was constantly sexually assaulting her. How did her sister have a chance to turn out normal when she had to endure the kinds of things Dunham did to her? What she describes in her book is extremely vulgar and shocking, but I'm sure there are a few things she did to her sister that she left out of the book as well.

Ray Rice, etc

Rollingstone, Huffington Post, Slate, Jezebel, Salon, Feministing, The Young Turks, Vox... and so on have been defending Lena Dunham since it came out that she sexually abused her sister for years. These are the same "news" and blog sites that praise her show and promote her as the voice of a generation.

I looked this up, and it doesn't sound credible (and your phrasing is dishonest--it didn't "come out that she sexually abused her sister for years"). Here's Slate's piece on it:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...use_allegations_ridiculous_and_dangerous.html

I looked this up, and it doesn't sound credible (and your phrasing is dishonest--it didn't "come out that she sexually abused her sister for years"). Here's Slate's piece on it:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...use_allegations_ridiculous_and_dangerous.html

Slate is in love with Lena Dunham, of course they are going to minimize what she did to her sister. Also, Slate fails to mention that Dunham writes about being 17 years old and still doing bizarre things to her 11 year old sister.

Here is David Pakman's (an extreme progressive) opinion on the matter:

[YT]P0GngeMcaKQ[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:
You should bump it and run a recalculation in February and see how the WR's views have shifted, if at all.

No Best/Worst of 2014 WR thread this year. Place is falling to shambles!

Haha, I actually enjoyed compiling them, but it took a bit of effort. If I were to try it again, I imagine I would get a similar result because of the participants: it looked as if there was more of a left lean than there really is because so few of the far-right guys here participated. Some, I suspect, did not participate because they are/were not competent enough to understand some of the questions. Others here have shown themselves demonstrably averse (meh, apathetic to is probably more apt) to anything related to the compilation of and/or display of hard data. That's my justification, anyways. Take it with a grain of salt.

Either way, even with the inclusion of some of our more far-right posters, I think the obvious would still be found: that the community leans left on the separation of church and state and that the community leans right on issues of military and gun control. This is pretty apparent from even a cursory glance at our membership: most of the right-wing posters are irreligious (despite the opposite correlation society-wide) and many of our left-leaning guys (such as myself, though I'm closer to center) are pretty conservative on military and gun control.

it came out that she sexually abused her sister for years.

You see: this is the reason you have no credibility here. I hold absolutely no love for the women and thought that the shit from her book was, above all, gross and bizarre. But, you saying she "sexually abused her sister for years" exceeds hyperbole and enters the realm of outright lying.

You see: this is the reason you have no credibility here. I hold absolutely no love for the women and thought that the shit from her book was, above all, gross and bizarre. But, you saying she "sexually abused her sister for years" exceeds hyperbole and enters the realm of outright lying.

Dressing your 5 year old sister up in slutty clothing with a t-shirt labeled Hell's Angel's Sex Property is perfectly normal behavior? That to me is sexual abuse. What 11-year old does that to a 5-year old? Who the hell would even write the kind of vile nonsense Dunham did in the first place? How did that get past the publisher? Dunham even writes "Basically, anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying."

A 17-year old bribing her 11-year old sister with candy to kiss and lay on her and then masturbating while she laid beside her is beyond bizarre. If that is the kind of vile garbage she is willing to admit what kind of stuff did she leave out? I believe it's more than a mere coincidence that her sister turned out to be a lesbian.

If Rush Limbaugh had written the exact same passages in a tell all memoir he would be absolutely crucified in the media and likely under police investigation.

Breitbart includes a lot more of the passages news sites like Slate conveniently left out: http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/11/06/dunham-sue/

Dressing your 5 year old sister up in slutty clothing with a t-shirt labeled Hell's Angel's Sex Property is perfectly normal behavior? That to me is sexual abuse. What 11-year old does that to a 5-year old? Who the hell would even write the kind of vile nonsense Dunham did in the first place? How did that get past the publisher? Dunham even writes "Basically, anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying."

A 17-year old bribing her 11-year old sister with candy to kiss and lay on her and then masturbating while she laid beside her is beyond bizarre. If that is the kind of vile garbage she is willing to admit what kind of stuff did she leave out? I believe it's more than a mere coincidence that her sister turned out to be a lesbian.

Breitbart includes a lot more of the passages news sites like Slate conveniently left out: http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/11/06/dunham-sue/

Yes, that's fucking weird and inappropriate. But, do you think that's what people jump to imagine when you describe years of sexual abuse? Better yet, is that on par with what you consider to be a standard definition of incestuous abuse? Be honest. I seem to remember a few years back when Quinton Jackson dry humped a couple reporters (yes, I thought it was inappropriate and I think Jackson is a giant douche for it). Does that meet your liberal definition of sexual abuse? Can I now say that Jackson sexually assaulted a woman while being completely honest?

If Rush Limbaugh had written the exact same passages in a tell all memoir he would be absolutely crucified in the media and likely under police investigation.
Limbaugh only does that (allegedly) outside US borders.

Yes, that's fucking weird and inappropriate. But, do you think that's what people jump to imagine when you describe years of sexual abuse? Better yet, is that on par with what you consider to be a standard definition of incestuous abuse? Be honest. I seem to remember a few years back when Quinton Jackson dry humped a couple reporters (yes, I thought it was inappropriate and I think Jackson is a giant douche for it). Does that meet your liberal definition of sexual abuse? Can I now say that Jackson sexually assaulted a woman while being completely honest?

I don't have a hard time imagining Rampage Jackson being charged with sexual assault if one of those reporters he dry humped and humiliated went to the police and the media got behind the reporter. It was those interviews that stopped me from being a fan of Rampage.

How else do you define the vile things Dunham did to her sister? Mental abuse of a sexual nature? Dressing up a 5 years in a provocative outfit that includes a shirt that says Sex Property is more than just mental abuse to me. The nature of Dunham tormenting her sister was sexual. It may not have been the most brutal form of sexual abuse, but given the strong sexual nature of her actions, it was still sexual abuse and as I've stated before, likely the reason her sister is now a lesbian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atheist using www.breitbart.com as a source again....

Its still shocking to me that anyone would believe a word that comes from that website after Shirley Sherrod and ACORN.

. The nature of Dunham tormenting her sister was sexual.

Okay, agreed. I'm just criticizing your irresponsible phrasing. You know damn well that you painted with a broad brush and it came out very misleading. But, whatever, it's not a big deal.

I've stated before, likely the reason her sister is now a lesbian.

Holy shit, dude. Why, why would you feel the need to (let alone deem yourself able to) speculate that? You have neither the intimate knowledge of the person you're talking about, nor the professional experience to even render a conclusion like that. Do you know get how fucked up that is? It doesn't even further your point: it just makes you look like a far-reaching and discourteous moron.

I have a gay sister (she's a real dick). Was it because she crashed her bike in junior high that she's gay now? In your esteemed opinion, of course.

Limbaugh only does that (allegedly) outside US borders.

This is the reason I turned away from the left. Joke about Rush Limbaugh allegedly doing something overseas and people will laugh and think nothing of it. Label Lena Dunham's (a progressive) admittedly twisted behavior towards her sister as sexual assault, and people lose their minds.

There is a bizarre hypocrisy and double standard on the left, especially in matters relating to identity politics, that resorts to rationalizing the most vile behaviors that I simply cannot tolerate.

Certainly there are idiots and lunatics on the right, but if Limbaugh had written the same book Dunham had, his actions wouldn't be rationalized by conservatives. He would be cast out like a leper.

Atheist using www.breitbart.com as a source again....

Its still shocking to me that anyone would believe a word that comes from that website after Shirley Sherrod and ACORN.

Breitbart is one of the few sites that actually published disturbing passages from Dunham's book that most "progressive" sites attempting to minimize her behavior failed to do. By your logic, the fact that these sites were dishonest and left out crucial condemning passages in order to pass off Dunham's behavior as something kids do means those sites are no longer worth reading.

The sad truth is that in today's media, you have to read news from all different sources because they all seem to have some kind of agenda and bias.

Certainly there are idiots and lunatics on the right, but if Limbaugh had written the same book Dunham had, his actions wouldn't be rationalized by conservatives. He would be cast out like a leper.

Isn't a female like Anne Coulter a better hypothetical, since gender would probably factor into how people perceive it?

Except that's not the case.

Back