The 20 Most Annoying Liberals of 2014

This is the reason I turned away from the left. Joke about Rush Limbaugh allegedly doing something overseas and people will laugh and think nothing of it.
I thought you turned from the left because you can't get women to take you seriously and blame feminism. Learn something new everyday.

Okay, agreed. I'm just criticizing your irresponsible phrasing. You know damn well that you painted with a broad brush and it came out very misleading. But, whatever, it's not a big deal.

Holy shit, dude. Why, why would you feel the need to (let alone deem yourself able to) speculate that? You have neither the intimate knowledge of the person you're talking about, nor the professional experience to even render a conclusion like that. Do you know get how fucked up that is? It doesn't even further your point: it just makes you look like a far-reaching and discourteous moron.

I have a gay sister (she's a real dick). Was it because she crashed her bike in junior high that she's gay now? In your esteemed opinion, of course.

Is it really that far-fetched to believe that enduring mental abuse of a sexual nature can cause a person to become sexually confused? Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone, but when abuse of a sexual nature is involved I don't think it's unfair to speculate.

I thought you turned from the left because you can't get women to take you seriously and blame feminism. Learn something new everyday.

I've been happily married for 6 years and my wife shares the same opinions I do when it comes to feminism and other forms of identity politics.

I've been happily married for 6 years and my wife shares the same opinions I do when it comes to feminism and other forms of identity politics.
Well sheee-it. Blowing my mind here. You post the same sort of sophomoric nonsense you'd typically see from a socially outcasted man-boy.
Craziness.

It's likely Dunham's sister is a "big lezbo" because Dunham was constantly sexually assaulting her. How did her sister have a chance to turn out normal when she had to endure the kinds of things Dunham did to her? What she describes in her book is extremely vulgar and shocking, but I'm sure there are a few things she did to her sister that she left out of the book as well.
Yeah, I don't think sexual orientation works that way. :cool:

Kids do dumb experimental shit with each other. But we grow up and out of it. Sexual orientation as adults is involuntary and largely immutable, however.

Is it really that far-fetched to believe that enduring mental abuse of a sexual nature can cause a person to become sexually confused? Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone, but when abuse of a sexual nature is involved I don't think it's unfair to speculate.
Where's the confusion? She knows she's a full on lesbian and admits it to the world and the vast majority of the population in this country doesn't really care. She doesn't seem to have any issues with what happened with her sister. Of course in hindsight, it may seem a bit disturbing, and were it to happen today it would probably be handled differently, but I don't really see the need to label Lena as an "abuser" and her sister as a "victim". That seems along the lines of the PC type thinking to me.

Kids do dumb experimental shit with each other. But we grow up and out of it. Sexual orientation as adults is involuntary and largely immutable, however.

Do you really think it's impossible for a young child who is endures horrible sexual abused ends up sexually confused as they get older? I think it's perfectly reasonable to believe that a woman abused by her father becomes turned off of men or a male viciously abused by his mother becomes completely turned off of women.

To address your second point, I can assure you, I never did, or even thought to do, anything even close to what Dunham did to her sister. Sure I verbally and playfully physically harassed her once in awhile and called her mean names like most big brothers are prone to do, but I certainly didn't think to dress her up in a shirt that said sex property and take pictures or bribe her to kiss me. If siblings are doing that kind of thing to each other there is something weird going on in the home.

Where's the confusion? She knows she's a full on lesbian and admits it to the world and the vast majority of the population in this country doesn't really care. She doesn't seem to have any issues with what happened with her sister. Of course in hindsight, it may seem a bit disturbing, and were it to happen today it would probably be handled differently, but I don't really see the need to label Lena as an "abuser" and her sister as a "victim". That seems along the lines of the PC type thinking to me.

I think you misunderstand Politically Correct thinking. What I have been saying is extremely politically incorrect. If I were a media figure saying the things I have been saying in this thread I would be crucified by identity politics groups and cast out as an untouchable leper.

Political Correctness is rooted in identity politics and is used by those groups to discourage any kind of criticism or questioning of motives against women and people of color. If I were being politically correct I would be defending Dunham because she is a woman and I wouldn't speculate about her sister because it's offensive to gay people to assert that abuse could potentially cause one to turn gay.

According to identity politics, as a white cis-male I am guilty of imposing a hetero-normative view regarding what is normal in sexual behavior. In fact, when it comes to identity politics and the progressive stack I shouldn't have an opinion at all given my high privilege ranking. The fact that I am voicing any kind of opinion regarding Dunham and her sister is politically incorrect.

The biggest problem the left has is that in their delusional quest for smug moral superiority lefties are often blind to the agenda's of identity politics and are often all too willing to fall in line with deranged politically correct tyrants and political radicals. It's normally leftists who buy into ridiculous ideas like moral relativism, cultural diversity and radical feminist ideology. It's the right that is much more skeptical and critical of these ideas.

In fact, I'd say my entire issue with the left comes down to the fact that they are so easily duped by identity politics and political correctness because of their arrogant desire to be morally superior. That is why there is so much name-calling (racist, sexist, homophobic...) from the left. It's a guilt tactic that is meant to make their opponent feel morally inferior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sheee-it. Blowing my mind here. You post the same sort of sophomoric nonsense you'd typically see from a socially outcasted man-boy.
Craziness.

Think about it this way: If I were desperate for a woman, I would call myself a feminist and white-knight for women at every possible opportunity. It wouldn't make much sense to post the way I do if I were desperate for female companionship.

Think about it this way: If I were desperate for a woman, I would call myself a feminist and white-knight for women at every possible opportunity. It wouldn't make much sense to post the way I do if I were desperate for female companionship.

Treat a whore like a woman and a woman like a whore. That's all I know. :icon_evil

People like Lena Dunham are poison to those of us who consider ourselves artists, because she has a gimmick and a security blanket and preconcieved market that propel her to the space of freedom and expression that a lot of us work really hard for. I've only had minute success doing the things I am truly passionate about, mostly because it's fucking hard. Really hard.

I know she works hard, but it's easier to run further in some pristine trainers than it is to run in fuckin' Kabuki Clogs.

There's a lot of talk about women and minorities have it harder, but this is the opposite in the field of entertainment. Women have it very fucking easy because their market is already predetermined.

I know and know of tons of people more talented, funnier, more driven than she is that aren't rewarded with the space and praise she's squandering.

Just my bitter view of things. It doesn't hamper what I do or how I do it, or what I plan to do, it's just as an outward viewer I can say I would far more with the opportunities she's been given than what she has, which is has pretty much amounted to being an insufferable, narcissistic, lying ****

It does sound bitter, I agree. Whatever you think of her or her show, she's created and starred in an incredibly successful tv series.

It's all very well to say "other people are more talented...." But this essentially means nothing if they can't go out there and get it like she did.

So you'd never vote for candidates like Mitt Romney, W, or Jeb Bush, either, right?

im not for the same families being in power over and over like a bad rerun....clinton was the key leader in bringing civil unrest in Egypt and making sure the muslim brotherhood took over...they were immediately ejected from egypt...The Egyptian people as well as the rest of the world who knew the brotherhood were shocked at the move and could not believe how close he US and the clintons are with sketch arab groups...

Not really. Most guys just become bitter and blame their problems with women on women rather than themselves. The dudes who I've seen go on about feminism have said some pretty fucked up shit.

Not really. Most guys just become bitter and blame their problems with women on women rather than themselves. The dudes who I've seen go on about feminism have said some pretty fucked up shit.

I agree strongly with that. I see both men and women blame the opposite sex instead of looking at themselves. It seems a lot of people expect the other person to cater to them while they don't feel the need to give anything in the relationship.

I hear a lot of people saying what they expect in a partner, but I normally don't hear them saying what they can bring to the relationship.

Then why is it that being molested as a kid (common for pedophiles) leads to a lot of adults molesting kids?

I'm not saying 100% of kids molested will molest as adults, but why is it so common for that to be the case amongst pedophiles?

Answer is obviously that sexual trauma at a young age can change how a person is developed.

(not saying the sister is for sure a lesbian because Lena molested her; but you definitely can speculate)

(not saying the sister is for sure a lesbian because Lena molested her; but you definitely can speculate)

Unless I'm missing something, this allegation is not accurate. There was one sort of "playing doctor" incident when Lena was 7 (and note that we're relying on a 20-year-old recollection of the alleged perpetrator who was a small child at the time here), and then a bunch of silly sister stuff that doesn't involve anything even close to molestation.

Unless I'm missing something, this allegation is not accurate. There was one sort of "playing doctor" incident when Lena was 7 (and note that we're relying on a 20-year-old recollection of the alleged perpetrator who was a small child at the time here), and then a bunch of silly sister stuff that doesn't involve anything even close to molestation.

then I MUST be missing something, I swear I've heard people claim she straight up molested her sister

What about Dunham dressing her 5 year-old sister in a slutty outfit with make-up and a t-shirt that says Biker Sex Property? What kind of 11-year old would even think to do something like that? Dunham never admits to sexually molesting her sister, but as I have stated before in this thread, the psychological torment Dunham admittedly forced on her sister was extremely sexual in nature and went on well into her teens.

The fact that Dunham later lied about being raped by a republican while at a frat party is also telling that something bizarre was going on in the Dunham home.

Back