The 20 Most Annoying Liberals of 2014

Jack V Savage deserves to make the list.

i believe he has repeatedly denied being liberal and is offended that people label him that. he is an independent who falls on whichever side of the argument is right, no matter if it is on the liberals OR the conservatives side.

Doesn't take a lot of research to conclude that the guy who wrote that article is a nutjob.

Jack V Savage deserves to make the list.

I truly expected him to get a special mention by TS actually. I don't think I've ever seen a guy so good at rustling jimmies without ever (or at least only rarely) directly insulting anyone.

TownHall contributor John Hawkins wrote a great article on the most annoying liberals of 2014. I created this thread to counterbalance Sherdog's heavy liberal bias.

The 20 Most Annoying Liberals of 2014

Highlights from the article:
I don't think this site has a heavy liberal bias, there are plenty of conservative and libertarian leaning people like me here. There's a pretty "nice" balance overall.

I agree with the poster who said Ben Affleck should have gotten at least an honorable mention. The Muslim apologist left is almost as bad as the feminist/rape culture left.

i believe he has repeatedly denied being liberal and is offended that people label him that.

???

I truly expected him to get a special mention by TS actually. I don't think I've ever seen a guy so good at rustling jimmies without ever (or at least only rarely) directly insulting anyone.

Just saying "I'm a liberal" is kind of enough to rustle people here. If you actually go to the trouble of looking stuff up and finding out what's right if there's a dispute or thinking seriously about your position--well, you might as well be spitting in their mom's faces.

Doesn't take a lot of research to conclude that the guy who wrote that article is a nutjob.

Why would I mention Jack V Savage? I have absolutely no problem with him and I respect him as a poster.

I always find comments like this:
Rachel Maddow or her more feminine counterpart Chris Hayes individually
telling.
It clearly indicates this isn't a list to take seriously. Also, unless the writer is himself some Adonis, is pretty suggestive of bigotry towards homosexuals or general misogyny (which suggests the appeal to Atheist).

telling.
It clearly indicates this isn't a list to take seriously. Also, unless the writer is himself some Adonis, is pretty suggestive of bigotry towards homosexuals or general misogyny (which suggests the appeal to Atheist).

This is what he looks like:

blogcon26.jpg

Ed: Just in case it's not clear, that's an actual picture. No joke.

http://rightwingnews.com/culture/3-reasons-why-blogcon-is-made-of-awesome/

telling.

It's just some edgy humor, although I'd stay away from that if I wanted to be respected as a journalist. But then again, top 20 lists don't strike me as the work of a serious journalist.

It's just some edgy humor, although I'd stay away from that if I wanted to be respected as a journalist. But then again, top 20 lists don't strike me as the work of a serious journalist.
I wouldn't call it particularly edgy. Juvenile, sure.

Also, Jack, thanks. That's funny but begs the question of "Confirmation bias or are some stereotypes true?"

Normally I'd just laugh the list off, but jesus, the quotes they used for Obama, surely they could have found something more damning? Both of those only resonate in the echo chambered minds of idiots.

Defining Quote #1: "There have been periods where the folks who were already here suddenly say,

While I can understand attacking Dunham for her views and actions (I am not familiar with either, her show looks horrible) I do not understand attacking her for her looks. It really devalues any argument one has against her.

In most cases you are right, but for Dunham it's part of her shtick. She has used her looks as part of the gimmick of "look at me how disadvantaged I am that I don't look like the unrealistic model standards" to the point that she goes out of her way to emphasize it even more.

As someone else already put it, she has found a niche in the industry and run with it to the point of making a mockery out of it. The show she is on is so bad, that most people aren't going to be regular viewers, but has built this inertia that if you don't like it it's because "you either aren't smart enough to "get it" or you are so caught up in the "unrealistic standards the entertainment industry has spoon fed you" that you can't appreciate it. Reminds me of "Twin Peaks" where if you said you didn't like the show or didn't get it too often you had someone tell you "well you just don't understand the intricacies of David Lynch and his subtle abstract statements" when all it was was Lynch doing crazy shit for the sake of doing crazy shit.

Found a picture of Steven Crowder in that link

DSCF0032.jpg

Didn't he used to post here?

lol he got let go from Fox News because he made some negative statements about Sean Hannity.
What's troubling about that picture is his shirt.
Our country has a checkered past but at least with some of the major blights we could say "well, we've moved on from that" (e.g. slavery, segregation, forced relocation of native americans, etc).
Unfortunately, illegal detainment and torture happened under my government and while I was an adult. That bothers me and this fucktard thinks it is funny.

While I can understand attacking Dunham for her views and actions (I am not familiar with either, her show looks horrible) I do not understand attacking her for her looks. It really devalues any argument one has against her.

I agree. But will add this perspective.

There is clearly a move in the popular culture, led by people like Dunham (and another narcissistic female writer/performer I can't stand - Mindy Kaling) declaring that women with fat rolls and loose, hanging flesh are sexy. Which, in and of itself, is sort of a sweet, harmless bid to improve the physical self-image of overweight women.

But it goes further in suggesting that I, as a male, am a type of misogynist if, when shown scenes of fat actresses in lingerie, I automatically consider the sight cringe-worthy or comical.

While, on the other hand, this same culture remains cool with the idea that it is not only acceptable but quite obviously demanded that we view any scene depicting a fat, shirtless actor attempting to appear attractive or seductive or sexy as comedic.

Man: "Hey, look at that super fat chick thinking she's sexy!"
Woman: "What the hell is that supposed to mean? A woman can't be overweight and attractive at the same time?? Fuck you!"

Man: "Hey, look at that super fat dude thinking he's sexy!"
Woman: "Wow... That is ludicrous!"

Back