The 10 pound question - a different view

Because Dana said so in an interview, and everything he said is crystalline and is never, ever reneged on.

'Lol'.

At the time yes it is a fact. I could understand if they were making catchweights already at 140 or whatever, but they aren't, and until they start, or book the fight at a catchweight, then yes, they have and are sticking to 135, as they have for the last three years.

I need to go now boys, but here's a prediction:

They'll make the fight at 140 and Ronda will sub her in the 1st round.

Adios for now. Remember - bookmark this thread.

I need to go now boys, but here's a prediction:

They'll make the fight at 140 and Ronda will sub her in the 1st round.

Adios for now. Remember - bookmark this thread.

Cheers.

I think they do it if Ronda loses, or her PPV suddenly drop, but until then I think it's business as usual for them right now.

There is no "10 pounds" question.

There is a "Has Cyborg's current incredible musculature and strength advantage over other fighters been attained though years of systematically abusing PED's, and if so should she be forced to give that advantage up before fighting Ronda Rousey?" question.

Kelman says she has never done it.

Can never do it.

Will never do it.

He also says you're feeble-minded for still believing that things people say in the media are necessarily true.

Just bookmark it.

Oh you're a dietician? Or an mma manager? Or an mma coach? Or Cyborg herself?

No?

Then your opinion is shit.

There is no "10 pounds" question.

There is a "Has Cyborg's current incredible musculature and strength advantage over other fighters been attained though years of systematically abusing PED's, and if so should she be forced to give that advantage up before fighting Ronda Rousey?" question.

the PEDs history in Cyborg's case is clear. i doubt she would risk it with the new testing that the ufc is doing. her career would probably end.

i am not aware of how Invicta tests their fighters though, if the scrutiny is the same as in the ufc.

10 lbs didn't mean fucking shit in this sport until it became overrun with athletes.

Embarrassing.
I'm still disgusted with both GSP and Anderson for acting like little girls about that "could have been greatest fight ever". History writes about the bold, not the shrewd. They both picked "not to lose that fight" instead of taking part in it.

Same shit here, although it's a little more 1 sided in the 'dont give a fuck' category.
Like seriously Ronda, you have 1 goddamn challenge possibly available to you, and you're walking every direction except that. I'd say you're acting like a girl, but...

the PEDs history in Cyborg's case is clear. i doubt she would risk it with the new testing that the ufc is doing. her career would probably end.

i am not aware of how Invicta tests their fighters though, if the scrutiny is the same as in the ufc.

Fight night urine test. Cris had to pass a urine test after her failed test to get relicensed.

aha, ok, thanks.

http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/2753/irene-aldana

One of the barriers into the UFC for Cris Cyborg continues to not be much of a problem.

Cyborg passed her fight-night drug test at Invicta FC on July 9 in Las Vegas, according to public documents obtained by MMAFighting.com from the Nevada Athletic Commission. Cyborg, whose real name is Cristiane Justino, failed a test for steroids in 2011 while fighting for Strikeforce and has come under the microscope for cheating in the past after repeated criticism from UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.

Last week, Cyborg threatened to sue Rousey for continuing to imply Justino was using performance-enhancing drugs.

All other Invicta FC 13 fighters also passed their drug tests, both for PEDs and recreational drugs. Justino defended her featherweight title against Faith Van Duin in the main event. There were also two other title fights: Tonya Evinger defeated Irene Aldana to win the vacant bantamweight belt and Ayaka Hamasaki upset Hercia Tiburcio for the atomweight strap.

Cyborg did not have to undergo any out-of-competition testing for this event. The fight-night testing at Invicta was done through urine and sent to Quest Diagnostics in Lenexa, Kan.

Funny that it's Quest too. They got called out for having loose standards by the NSAC during the Anderson Silva Hearing/Circus of Lies. Cris is literally passing the easiest drug tests in the world of competitive sports.

Cris is literally passing the easiest drug tests in the world of competitive sports.

that won't help her if somehow she makes it to the ufc. if she is still roiding and makes it to the ronda fight, only to fail the test, it would be pathetic.

Cheers.

I think they do it if Ronda loses, or her PPV suddenly drop, but until then I think it's business as usual for them right now.

Last point - I dislike Cyborg. She's a drug cheat. But even in spite of the long-term physical benefits her cheating has given her, I still think Ronda's technical grappling will be too much for her, and I expect Rousey to get the tap and with it, the defining victory of her career and (I believe) a triumph for clean athletes over steroid users.

But none of this has anything to do with the fact that Cyborg can't and won't make 135, which is true. A bunch of little douchebags on a website saying "make the weight Cyborg" doesn't mean someone who walks around at 170+ is going to suddenly, magically make a weight that her body simply cannot manage.

Dana and the UFC brass are saying what they need to say to keep the fire burning, but in the fullness of time they will cave and make the fight where it can be a reality, as they know that'll be a huge money fight. 135 ain't a serious possibility, this is all bluster.

Peace.

that won't help her if somehow she makes it to the ufc. if she is still roiding and makes it to the ronda fight, only to fail the test, it would be pathetic.

It would, and I think it's the reason why she will never fight in the UFC. You know Dana would have her tested like crazy to prevent a Fedor-Barnett Affliction scenario.

It's just my opinion, but Borg seems to be completely reluctant to fight under the UFC banner and with her words and actions I believe it's because she has a body dysmorphic disorder and is very insecure about losing her PED-given size and strength.

It's similar to plastic surgery disasters, where people get more and more until they look like freaks but in their mind they are still ugly, or the 85lb anorexic who thinks they're still fat.

I don't think we can assume PED use has bulked Cyborg up. The way someone trains is the primary means of bulking up, and PEDs allow the training that makes that possible. I don't think it's an advantage for an MMA fighter to add muscle bulk. I doubt it increases striking power. It adds strength, but if that means you have to fight in a bigger, stronger weight class, that benefit is lost. So I doubt Cyborg has trained or used PEDs to bulk up. Her preparations serve other goals.

Cyborg has never fought lighter than 145. She has failed to make weight at 145 before, and has even fought in a heavier weight class on one occasion. So coming down to 145 isn't even an easy cut for her. Making 135 would be a drastic cut that would threaten her power and stamina, with another "excuse fight" a likely result.

Remember when GSP said it would take him over a year to move up to middleweight for a fight with Anderson? That would be time training different and changing many things about his game. But a reigning champ doesn't have the luxury of interrupting their career that way. He never did it (unless that's what he's been doing lately . . . GSP-Weidman anyone?) Maybe Cyborg could over time rebuild herself to a lighter weight class and be effective, but I don't see her just booking a fight and doing it from where she is - it wouldn't be natural; it wouldn't be real.

I don't think these two will ever fight for the good reason that they aren't the same natural size. That doesn't bother me at all.

I don't think we can assume PED use has bulked Cyborg up. The way someone trains is the primary means of bulking up, and PEDs allow the training that makes that possible. I don't think it's an advantage for an MMA fighter to add muscle bulk. I doubt it increases striking power. It adds strength, but if that means you have to fight in a bigger, stronger weight class, that benefit is lost. So I doubt Cyborg has trained or used PEDs to bulk up. Her preparations serve other goals.

Cyborg has never fought lighter than 145. She has failed to make weight at 145 before, and has even fought in a heavier weight class on one occasion. So coming down to 145 isn't even an easy cut for her. Making 135 would be a drastic cut that would threaten her power and stamina, with another "excuse fight" a likely result.

Remember when GSP said it would take him over a year to move up to middleweight for a fight with Anderson? That would be time training different and changing many things about his game. But a reigning champ doesn't have the luxury of interrupting their career that way. He never did it (unless that's what he's been doing lately . . . GSP-Weidman anyone?) Maybe Cyborg could over time rebuild herself to a lighter weight class and be effective, but I don't see her just booking a fight and doing it from where she is - it wouldn't be natural; it wouldn't be real.

I don't think these two will ever fight for the good reason that they aren't the same natural size. That doesn't bother me at all.

There is a lot wrong here. Roids do help you bulk. They do help you add strength and power. She has fought at lower than 145. Cyborg, her manager, her coaches, and her nutritionist have all said she can and will make 135.

if i remember correctly, she was caught using stanozolol. this one is generally used to burn fat while keeping the muscle. one could take from this that the weightcut is indeed a difficult one to complete by her without stimulants or (and this is a big or) a professional to help her with the cut.

and we are talking 145 lbs here. if that was difficult, imagine how 135 would be.

Ah OK, so you're a complete fucking idiot. Cool.

Physical impossibility = not important in the face of such sterling evidence as the hearsay of a movie actor in a non-sporting context.

Embarrassing.

When out of arguments, resorting to ad hominem.

Embarrassing indeed. Where is your evidence that Cyborg temporarily weighing 15 lbs more than 6'0" Christian Bale is a physical impossibility again? Oh right, you don't have it, and you're butthurt I exposed you for your stupidity.

Swear some more.

Roids do nothing if you don't train, except cause fluid retention. Strength is not power. I didn't know Cyborg had fought at 135 - when was that? Undoubtedly Cyborg *could* make 135 for a fight, but the arguments against doing so remain - it's a serious risk. I doubt she ever will do it.

It's just my opinion, but Borg seems to be completely reluctant to fight under the UFC banner and with her words and actions I believe it's because she has a body dysmorphic disorder and is very insecure about losing her PED-given size and strength.

it may very well be this and all the talk is just saving face. totally plausible.

Ah OK, so you're a complete fucking idiot. Cool.

Physical impossibility = not important in the face of such sterling evidence as the hearsay of a movie actor in a non-sporting context.

Embarrassing.

It's not hearsay, and he makes a very valid point. He's even understating the weight cut that Bale made. The guy is 6'2" (not 6') and walks around at 185 by his own admission and is also very apparent if you've ever seen him in any of his many roles. He cut to a sustained 119 lbs for Machinist by living on coffee and spinach shakes for 4 months and if you saw him in that movie, he looks creepy and disgusting. He got cast as Batman like 6 months later and bulked back up to 220+ lbs in that time.

The point he's making is it's very POSSIBLE for Cyborg to cut the weight. And it would be for the BIGGEST payday in her career by far, win or lose. She doesn't even have to be competitive. Hell, she could make the weight, pass out and get wheeled into the cage on a wheelchair, get KO'ed in 2 seconds and pocket 7 figures.

I know what I would have done by now, if I were her.

Back