"Thanks for having my back, Champ. Pettis. Full story Wednesday, @UFCTonight" - Chael

Octagon - Rules, Outside the Octagon - Sonnen shits himself.

oh you mean where chael can slam wands face on asphalt?

yeah sure that makes sense

the only way wand is the favorite is if he is holding an actual axe

oh you mean where chael can slam wands face on asphalt?

yeah sure that makes sense

the only way wand is the favorite is if he is holding an actual axe

Wait, what? I'll take Wand with soccer kicks , headbutts and stomps any day.

Seriously how can you not enjoy Chael? Dude is pure genius. And he's gonna destroy Wanderlei. Wanderlei is gonna be so worked up in that fight (if he's not too scared) that he'll be throwing bombs and Chael will put him on his back and smash him. Can't wait for this fight.

Smash? Chael is pillow-fisted when it comes to GNP. I was impressed he finally pulled a sub - he should have learned offensive JJ earlier in his career, but he's no champion and he doesn't deserve to be, no matter how much shit he talks. I'm looking forward to his retirement.

Seriously how can you not enjoy Chael? Dude is pure genius. And he's gonna destroy Wanderlei. Wanderlei is gonna be so worked up in that fight (if he's not too scared) that he'll be throwing bombs and Chael will put him on his back and smash him. Can't wait for this fight.

put him on his back? most likely. Smash him? Not really. Who has chael ever SMASHED? He loses more than he wins, he rides out rounds. Chael might be a genious opportunist like some say but even for an opportunist i think he's got balls.

Because he is not a great fighter, simple as that

Average guy

In the past 4 years he has lost to the first and second lb for lb greatest, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. Wanderlei has lost twice to Rich Franklin and once to Chris Leben. Not trying to take anything away from Wandy but let's be real his better days are behind him. Prime Wandy vs Prime Chael is a completely different story. Nothing wrong with being over the hill it happens to every athlete.

Wait, what? I'll take Wand with soccer kicks , headbutts and stomps any day.

we should make a sig bet if wand ever signs the contract to fight chael

ive never done one before

we all love wanderlei here but i just cant imagine how anyone can pick him over chael comparing each other right now in this era not the pride era

Smash? Chael is pillow-fisted when it comes to GNP. I was impressed he finally pulled a sub - he should have learned offensive JJ earlier in his career, but he's no champion and he doesn't deserve to be, no matter how much shit he talks. I'm looking forward to his retirement.

had him worked on his BJJ long before, he might have pulled off some subs.

put him on his back? most likely. Smash him? Not really. Who has chael ever SMASHED? He loses more than he wins, he rides out rounds. Chael might be a genious opportunist like some say but even for an opportunist i think he's got balls.

Marquardt, Okami, Shogun. He's aggressive on the ground and I'd say a fight in which you lay on the other guy for 5 rounds and throw punches, whether they are effective or not, is a beatdown.

we should make a sig bet if wand ever signs the contract to fight chael

ive never done one before

we all love wanderlei here but i just cant imagine how anyone can pick him over chael comparing each other right now in this era not the pride era

Because honestly, I don't Chael is all that good right now. His mouth and his WWE style talking has built him up to be something he is not. He beat Bisping, Stann and Shogun in the last 3 years. Two of those guys, Wand has beat himself recently. People are going overboard on the accomplishments and talents of Sonnen at this point.

In the past 4 years he has lost to the first and second lb for lb greatest, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. Wanderlei has lost twice to Rich Franklin and once to Chris Leben. Not trying to take anything away from Wandy but let's be real his better days are behind him. Prime Wandy vs Prime Chael is a completely different story. Nothing wrong with being over the hill it happens to every athlete.

I largely agree, but even in Chael's wins, his style has been somewhat lackluster. His wrestling has made him a great foil to less grappling-centric fighters, but until his sub over Shogun (hell, if he keeps that up, I could even become a fan!), he mainly just utilizes somewhat impotent GNP. He did arm triangle Stann, but Stann was so easily outgrappled in that match that he basically gave it to him, and that is a move from wrestling. JJ is what he's been missing. But, I forgot, he's too homophobic, I mean Republican, to have a guy between his legs.

Marquardt, Okami, Shogun. He's aggressive on the ground and I'd say a fight in which you lay on the other guy for 5 rounds and throw punches, whether they are effective or not, is a beatdown.

thats a not a beatdown brother. neutralize would fit better. chael manages to neutralize his opponents, wins rounds with top control, minimum damage, he's top control master #2, GSP is #1. he;s a good fighter. I like his attitude after his fights wether winning or losing. That was the first good thing i noticed about chael.

Wand x Rampage I&II = beatdown, just a remark

Because honestly, I don't Chael is all that good right now. His mouth and his WWE style talking has built him up to be something he is not. He beat Bisping, Stann and Shogun in the last 3 years. Two of those guys, Wand has beat himself recently. People are going overboard on the accomplishments and talents of Sonnen at this point.

we are not going overboard because we are not saying chael is one of the best p4p what we are saying is that wanderlei's best years are obviously past him, he gets hurt waaay easier and faster than he was in the past and he just has not looked good in a while

Chael like him or not has looked like he improved, he has a great chin and awesome cardio, he is also one of the best wrestlers in the div

and if we are comparing them fighting the same people chjael did way better than wandy did agains the same guys

thats a not a beatdown brother. neutralize would fit better. chael manages to neutralize his opponents, wins rounds with top control, minimum damage, he's top control master #2, GSP is #1. he;s a good fighter. I like his attitude after his fights wether winning or losing. That was the first good thing i noticed about chael.

He didn't do damage to Silva but he did it to the other guys he GnP'd. He's a good fighter, not a great fighter, but like you said he's always respectful even when he loses. People take his antics too seriously, we saw a diff side of Chael on TUF he seems pretty genuine. He's a great talker and some day he will make a great politician.

we are not going overboard because we are not saying chael is one of the best p4p what we are saying is that wanderlei's best years are obviously past him, he gets hurt waaay easier and faster than he was in the past and he just has not looked good in a while

Chael like him or not has looked like he improved, he has a great chin and awesome cardio, he is also one of the best wrestlers in the div

and if we are comparing them fighting the same people chjael did way better than wandy did agains the same guys

I see chael improving his game. Wany, unfortunatelly not.
Too many battles made his chin(brains) weaker.
Pride Wand would murder Prime Chael ( just messing around ok lol )

People are also going overboard trying to discredit his accomplishments.

Back