Terence Crawford: 'I Don't Know; We Shall See' If Brook Fight Is Last With Top Rank

Why? Bc fight politics? So do fighters just have to play politics and go to whatever promoter can get them a fight?

Seems so retarded. Promoters seem like agents to me but in boxing they control everything.
Because he's been with them his whole career and he's fighting guys like its 2012. Top Rank can't get him opponents.

Because he's been with them his whole career and he's fighting guys like its 2012. Top Rank can't get him opponents.

Yea, why won't PBC guys fight him? Doesn't Spence want Crawford's belt?

I don't know. I know that fighters who sign with Arum are usually in disappointing fights. Loma, Pac, Crawford... Arum builds these guys upfor fights that never happen until they start fading. Hell, we often don't get the big fight even when arum controls both guys.

PBC arent going to make a co-promoted show unless it makes exponentially more money than an in-house show. Spence vs Crawford (splitting the profits with Top Rank) isnt that much bigger of a fight than Spence vs Manny/Porter/Thurman/etc. It's a big fight, but it's not doing a million PPV buys. Not even close.

Wilder/Fury II was the exception in that it was far bigger than any in-house fight for Wilder, it made too much money for them not to do it.

Yea I get it I guess I just don't like it. Everyone has to make money otherwise this shit goes away.

Is Crawford vs Spence the no 1 fight to make? Crawford appears to be clearly above Thurman Porter and Garcia, right?

My point is it's purely business.

Any fan ascribing these fights happening or not happening down to fighters "wanting" it or not are marks. Fighters don't make fights, promoters do, and networks pay for them. It's that simple.

The ONLY excuse he has for staying at Top Rank would be is if ESPN lands Canelo and they can make a super fight at around 155lbs or so.

Yea I get it I guess I just don't like it. Everyone has to make money otherwise this shit goes away.

Is Crawford vs Spence the no 1 fight to make? Crawford appears to be clearly above Thurman Porter and Garcia, right?
Crawford vs Spence is the #1 fight to make in all of combat sports. To me way better than AJ vs Fury at this point. I'd argue it should be the #1 sporting event matchup that could take place.

The ONLY excuse he has for staying at Top Rank would be is if ESPN lands Canelo and they can make a super fight at around 155lbs or so.
I don't think Canleo will be cutting that much weight ever again, certainly not for a non money fight like Bud.

Crawford vs Spence is the #1 fight to make in all of combat sports. To me way better than AJ vs Fury at this point. I'd argue it should be the #1 sporting event matchup that could take place.
I agree. Anybody trying to say Bud doesn’t significantly increase his chances of landing with PBC are either brain dead, don’t understand how this works, or straight up Crawford marks.

I agree. Anybody trying to say Bud doesn’t significantly increase his chances of landing with PBC are either brain dead, don’t understand how this works, or straight up Crawford marks.
Boxing has a lot of simps and fanboys. Its like onlyfans for sports fans....
Especially after Bud did kind of play Arum in front of everyone the other night with that Pac call out.
Arum didn't show it there, but he appears to be livid now.

I don't think Canleo will be cutting that much weight ever again, certainly not for a non money fight like Bud.
I promise a fight with Bud will be a huge money fight.

Bud on his own isn’t a draw, but Canelo vs a threat to beat him will always be a major draw

I promise a fight with Bud will be a huge money fight.

Bud on his own isn’t a draw, but Canelo vs a threat to beat him will always be a major draw

Bud isn't a threat to beat Canelo, fight definitely wouldn't be a big draw.

Boxing has a lot if simps and fanboys. Its like onlyfans for sports fans....
Especially after Bud did kind of play Arum in front of everyone the other night with that Pac call out.
Arum didn't show it there, but he appears to be livid now.
I’d be shocked and would lose the little bit of fandom if he doesn’t go to PBC. He would be losing out in hella money and also losing out on maximum credibility. I’m a die hard Spence Fan been following him since before he was with Haymon.... but if Bud can beat him and maybe compound that with a couple wins over Thurman/Porter/Garcia/pacquioa, there’d be no argument you can make that he’s not an ATG

Bud isn't a threat to beat Canelo, fight definitely wouldn't be a big draw.
So a much smaller Floyd was though?

anyone with a good jab and that can deal with Canelo’s power is a threat

Floyd, Lara, GGG, Trout, even Kovalev was landing a lot. Jacobs was horrible with his jab against Canelo but could handle the power and won quite a few rounds

He wont fight any contender near his size but you think hes going to fight Canelo?

More power to him if he makes millions crushing cans by re signing with TR if he and espn can keep their mouths shut about him being #1

I wouldn't hold my breath. They can't do the first without the second.

Back