Terence Crawford: 'I Don't Know; We Shall See' If Brook Fight Is Last With Top Rank

It's the norm in the sport, though. If Crawford isn't willing to entertain the idea of 40, then it's definitely on him.
Can you give an example of somebody with a belt, who is undefeated, who was considered by some to be p4p best, in their prime, as good as Crawford who took a 40% split????

Can you give an example of somebody with a belt, who is undefeated, who was considered by some to be p4p best, in their prime, as good as Crawford who took a 40% split????
GGG agreed to a 35-65 split in the first part of his negotiations with canelo for the rematch (though he later reneged on that and switched it to 45-55)

Pacquiao was willing to take a similar split despite being one of the greatest fighters of all time and one of the biggest draws of all time. I'm not saying Crawford has to take the 40/60 split at all costs, but to claim it's a non-starter is absurd. He doesn't have the upper hand in these negotiations.

GGG agreed to a 35-65 split in the first part of his negotiations with canelo for the rematch (though he later reneged on that and switched it to 45-55)
So that kind of proves 40 wasn't acceptable. Close though...
Decent comparison I would say

Pacquiao was willing to take a similar split despite being one of the greatest fighters of all time and one of the biggest draws of all time. I'm not saying Crawford has to take the 40/60 split at all costs, but to claim it's a non-starter is absurd. He doesn't have the upper hand in these negotiations.
I dont like that comparison too much. Especially because the whole point to my view is to stop this fight from looking like Manny v Floyd.
Both Pac and Mayweather were not in their prime. The last JMM fight also took Pacs stock down a ton. He wasn't undefeated before that as we all know but that killed any aura of him being on Mayweather's level to many and he 4 sure suffered in negotiations for that loss.
Thats ussually how negotiations work though. You aggressively turn down an initial lower offer.

This excerpt caught my eye, Arum was willing to pay Crawford $1 million not to make a fight with Spence, like WTF?!
I think it was more allegedly Crawford who asked for that to be added to ensure that Arum makes a big fight.
So I looked at it more like a penalty.
I think that could be the falling out or disconnect. Crawford gets an extra million if no fight is offered so like he keeps saying it really doesn't bother him. I think thats why Bob was calling out Garcia/Spence winner and Crawford went the Pacman route. Lol.

so now Crawford is demanding a 60-40 split in his favor. He isn't serious about this.
Of course no.
Terence now does hold 1 major tittle, Spence Jr. = 2 major orgs tittles.
How he can dream to get 60/40 in his favour for at tittle fight vs Spence Jr.
He is thinking that Spence Jr. is some kind of beltless challenger?

I think fair split might be 2/3 vs 1/3 or at least 60/40 in favour to Spence Jr.
Spence Jr 60, Terence 40 percents for example.
If they are able to negotiate 50/50 then it alraeady is excellent.

I think it was more allegedly Crawford who asked for that to be added to ensure that Arum makes a big fight.
So I looked at it more like a penalty.
I think that could be the falling out or disconnect. Crawford gets an extra million if no fight is offered so like he keeps saying it really doesn't bother him. I think thats why Bob was calling out Garcia/Spence winner and Crawford went the Pacman route. Lol.
Yeah that would make more sense, reading it again I realise that you can read it in two different ways. Crawford definitely doesn't seem interested in fighting Spence.

Back