1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Terence Crawford: 'I Don't Know; We Shall See' If Brook Fight Is Last With Top Rank

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Nov 13, 2020.

1. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt

https://www.boxingscene.com/terence-crawford-i-know-we-see-if-brook-fight-last-with-top-rank--153222

If the 33-year-old Crawford left Top Rank, it undoubtedly would enhance his chances of landing the fights Crawford wants against elite welterweights affiliated with Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions. Arum’s company has helped build the three-division champion into one of the sport’s top American stars, but Haymon’s PBC works with three of the potential opponents Crawford has repeatedly stated that he wants to fight – Errol Spence Jr., Danny Garcia and Keith Thurman, in that order.

Manny Pacquiao is the welterweight Crawford most wants to face, though, and that long-discussed showdown seemingly could happen without Crawford leaving Top Rank for PBC.

2. Seano Hands of bone

He's a joke if he reups with top rank.

3. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt

He has 0 excuses if he does that. I completely agree. He will become a bigger joke if he re-ups

Buddy Revell and WklySportsMemes like this.
  4. WklySportsMemes Black Belt

Re-up equals he knows Spence has his #

Kim Jong Un likes this.
  5. Queen B Fully Vaxxed/Boosted

or Keef or Porter

6. Mr2urbo Black Belt

More power to him if he makes millions crushing cans by re signing with TR if he and espn can keep their mouths shut about him being #1

7. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt

4daLuLZ likes this.
  8. Misery Signals Orange Belt

Hopefully he leaves them. It's pretty obvious he's not getting the biggest fights this way.

MMALOPEZ likes this.
  9. JayE Silver Belt

I doubt Arum offers much to keep him. He's got talent at 140, but I don't think he wants any of it going up against Crawford any time soon, and Crawford's price tag likely isn't worth it without any in-house opponents. When you consider that Bob has barely bothered promoting this fight, I think this is the last we see of Crawford with TR. He's worth a lot more to other promoters than Bob.

MMALOPEZ likes this.
  10. WklySportsMemes Black Belt

Holly shit. It can get even worse than Top Rank for him. He is legit talking about a Connor McGregor fight. What a joke.

11. deucesarewild Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I get he might have some loyalty to Arum who built him up. TR is good for doing that with their talent. But Crawford is going to have a vastly diminished legacy if he misses out on the WW fights. I get he unified at 140. I respect that. Not enough guys tey to unfit, but it seemed like a two fight process to unify and that was in a division that was pretty empty at the time. That being said, I respect that undisputed unification.

147 is where he can leave his mark, but he is getting OLD.

Misery Signals likes this.
  12. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/11...best-options-spence-pacquiao-boxing-news-2020

Crawford (37-0, 28 KO) recently said he’s got “probably like a few months” left on his deal with Top Rank. And just a couple days ago, Mike Coppinger at The Athletic reported that Crawford’s lawyer sent a letter to Top Rank’s Todd duBoef in September, which expressed a lot of frustrations Crawford has with the promotional firm. Coppinger’s sources also said that the “few months” actually extend to Oct. 2021, meaning Crawford has 11 months left on his contract from now.

That means that Crawford likely would want to fight again before his deal is up, but it’s also not so long a break that he might hold out from signing to fight anyone Top Rank can actually offer him. And it almost certainly means that PBC aren’t going to break their virtual freeze-out and make a deal. If they can just potentially have him on board in 11 months, why bother at this point?

[​IMG]

13. chiefwiggum Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

how is Terrance Crawford a joke? And why on earth do you think co promotion is something that doesn’t exist.

I gurantee you in Crawford was 36. We would see a co promotion

14. chiefwiggum Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

It’s prize fighting.
    or Co promote. This fight should have already happened but for some reason fight fans are using banners as an excuse for fights not to be made.
    Crawford wants this. Arum wants this. Make a deal and have the fight.

it’s weird. It’s like Crawford is some unproven fighter compared to Spence. A

the fight could be easily made despite promotion.

Pbc doesn’t even acknowledge fighters that aren’t under their promotion. As if Thurman is the number two guy at 147. And fans. Lap it up and play promoter of why this fight could not possibly happen.

this is nothing new. Make the fight happen. It doesn’t matter who promotes who. Make the best fights without fans choosing a promoter and what is in the best interests of a fighter choosing a certain promoter.

15. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt

Fighting cans that’s why he is a joke. Crawford and top rank have failed as a ppv star. No need from PBC to do a PPV that Spence will carry

16. borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

So true, Crawford making bad business drumming up 0 excitement for himself. Had all the hype in the universe and never lived up to any of it. He hasnt even had a signature win. Spence taking the risks, Spence reaping the rewards, IMO.

MMALOPEZ likes this.
  17. WklySportsMemes Black Belt

No idea why you quoted me. Arum his own promoter just went off on him too FYI....
    Top Rank has done the same thing leaving Spence out of their graphics and rankings on Crawfords fights. Promoting him as P4P best when he hasn't fought any of the top guys at his current division in his prime.
    Arum owes Bud an extra $1 million if they don't extend an offer to Spence by year's end.
    Arum was talking about and the Spence & Garcia winner and Crawford immediately said he wanted Pacman.... WTF .... clear pattern of him going after damaged goods or fighters past their prime.
    Allegedly Arum is pissed and has been quoted saying he doesn't need Crawford anymore. That he loses money on Crawford's fights and how he just doesn't self promote like he should. Saturday night was the perfect example of that.

18. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Hell probably resign. The other top promoters will make him fight actual competition and we know he doesnt want that.

19. ccm22 Purple Belt

Didn’t Arum say he could have bought a very nice mansion in Beverly Hills with the money he lost promoting Crawford? Doesn’t sound as if he wants much to do with Crawford going forward.

20. Quacky Chan Banned Banned

Why? Bc fight politics? So do fighters just have to play politics and go to whatever promoter can get them a fight?

Seems so retarded. Promoters seem like agents to me but in boxing they control everything.