Terence Crawford claims Bob Arum’s ‘revolting racial bias’ hurt his career

The suit claims Bob Arum didnt put BLM logo, which is a huge missed opportunity, but not a requirement in any means.

“Recently, while most businesses have become sensitive to issues of race and social justice, Top Rank has not.

“At a time when most businesses took steps to honor Black lives in the wake of the George Floyd murder, Top Rank actually refused to place the Black Lives Matter logo on the mats of its boxing rings.

While I disagree, I bet @Seano would think Arum treated Loma better than Crawford

He finally fought one of the top pbc fighters when he was already done with TR. There was never any earnest effort for him to fight any of the top WWs for several years. Tough to really say who is to blame for that, but Arum's history suggests he certainly didn't make things easier. That's entirely on Crawford, though. It was extremely obvious what the easiest way for him to make big fights was before he resigned with TR.
True
He resigned w TR knowing their welterweight division was shallow, sure he thought it would have worked out, after all TR got him all the necessary fights at 140 to be undisputed but he couldn’t forecast the future at 147 with all the titles belonging to pbc?? And its obvious pbc either didnt bother to sign him or didnt fork out the money he wanted, so with that said he’s partially to blame too, but he’s a free agent now and the first thing he does is threaten Arum with a lawsuit, instead of securing a fight w Spence but thats probably his excuse to the boxing world by saying, because of Arum pbc wont even touch me with 50’ pole, sorry to say but him and Arum were a match made in Heaven, both are at fault.

Starting to thing this is a designed PR stunt.
I’m glad I’m not the only one, what better way to draw attention when your a free agent with massive talent but a shitty draw, it as to say, “that’s why we never heard of him, he had a racist promoter”

The suit claims Bob Arum didnt put BLM logo, which is a huge missed opportunity, but not a requirement in any means.

While I disagree, I bet @Seano would think Arum treated Loma better than Crawford

Did anyone do this? Did PBC? I cant recall seeing it on any non boxing combat promotion either. Although my knowledge is far from encyclopedic. Frankly if I was a promoter I'd be worried it would become a reason to call me racist that people were walking (and bleeding) all over the BLM logo. But I admit I'm paranoid about social media.

Bob didn't have BLM? Fucking Grand Wizard Bob Arum over here (I jest)

Fucks sake, Bud. This doesn't make Arum racist at all. Dude might be a genius in the ring but outside he's a fucking idiot

wouldn't shock me if Arum was genuinely racist to Bud but like others have mentioned, he kept resigning, gotta wonder why he kept doing that if he was so terrible. Bud has been a diva that has only two or three really relevant wins since his career has started. At some point you have to stand up and face the A-listers and make hte sacrifices necessary to get those fights.

It feels like most people only read the headline and nothing further. Otherwise they would realize most of the lawsuit is over breach of contract and more normal combat sports fussing.

Rigo cant speak English and comes from a country that has half the population of the Mexico City metro area.
On top of that he is considered a boring fighter.
Its Bobs job to get his face on billboards and to get him on Network TV. He did that. All the rest falls on Rigo to make shit exciting. He failed at that.

Bob has a long track record of not selling top fighters. Sure, Rigo, Loma, and Crawford dont have the most personality but they couldve easily been marketed aa being unbeatable, humble champs, ATGs, etc.

Al Haymon has had MUCH MORE success marketing Jermall Charlo (a drug cheat) and Deontay Wilder who are both far more limited fighters than those mentioned.

Yes, both Charlo and Wilder have personalities but part of that is the RESPONSIBILITY of the promoter to "coach" their fighters. A fighter can still be humble and modest while making headlines calling out opponents...

Bob has a long track record of not selling top fighters. Sure, Rigo, Loma, and Crawford dont have the most personality but they couldve easily been marketed aa being unbeatable, humble champs, ATGs, etc.

Al Haymon has had MUCH MORE success marketing Jermall Charlo (a drug cheat) and Deontay Wilder who are both far more limited fighters than those mentioned.

Yes, both Charlo and Wilder have personalities but part of that is the RESPONSIBILITY of the promoter to "coach" their fighters. A fighter can still be humble and modest while making headlines calling out opponents...
Charlo has a more marketable personality and Wilder had the KOs to bring in the fans interest. But it took the right dance partner in Fury, for Wilder to really sell ppvs. Charlos PPV, where both Charlos headlined, sold worse than Crawfords did and Loma-Lopez did better ratings than anything the Charlos have done.
But the Charlos do get viewership numbers on TV, but for a PPV to sell, they need another name.
Canelo-Charlo could do 1m. Its possible

Charlo has a more marketable personality and Wilder had the KOs to bring in the fans interest. But it took the right dance partner in Fury, for Wilder to really sell ppvs. Charlos PPV, where both Charlos headlined, sold worse than Crawfords did and Loma-Lopez did better ratings than anything the Charlos have done.
But the Charlos do get viewership numbers on TV, but for a PPV to sell, they need another name.
Canelo-Charlo could do 1m. Its possible

PBC has been underwhelming so far. Aside from Fury Wilder the roster only churns out 200-350k buys. Independently those numbers are fine but boxing now regularly loses to UFC (which isnt a bad thing). Spence has less than 1M buys combined across three different PPVs.

Only Canelo - and formerly Joshua - can legitimately sell PPVs. What does Canelo do that every other fighter doesnt do ? Fight the best opposition, win, look good in the ring.

Hopefully promoters are students too and can learn from Canelos model

Crawford is p4p nr 1 in my book, but he is sabotaging his career. Big time

PBC has been underwhelming so far. Aside from Fury Wilder the roster only churns out 200-350k buys. Independently those numbers are fine but boxing now regularly loses to UFC (which isnt a bad thing). Spence has less than 1M buys combined across three different PPVs.

Only Canelo - and formerly Joshua - can legitimately sell PPVs. What does Canelo do that every other fighter doesnt do ? Fight the best opposition, win, look good in the ring.

Hopefully promoters are students too and can learn from Canelos model
Canelo-Plant had a bigger live gate than any UFC in history, and Conors two PPVs in 2021 accounted for half of the UFCs PPV buys.
They arent selling anything without him.

And Ill point out that Canelo, Fury, AJ, both get higher viewerships worldwide than anyone from the UFC.
Strictly talking American TV. Boxing also gets a higher average and peak numbers than anything the UFC puts out.

wtf I love Bob now

Reactions: JSN
You have to love how people indirectly tell on themselves for clearly not following the sport at all.
And not even reading any sort of discussion at all. When Crawford gets brought up, all we do is talk about how shitty his opponents are and begging for a big fight.

you don’t have to follow the sport, just read a forum for 5 mins.

And not even reading any sort of discussion at all. When Crawford gets brought up, all we do is talk about how shitty his opponents are and begging for a big fight.

you don’t have to follow the sport, just read a forum for 5 mins.
Yep its hilarious.
The thing is, its 100% ok not to know. The issue is trying to act like some type of authority on the subject when that guy just proved he doesn't even follow what's going on.

This is kind of bullshit. Terence stayed loyal to Top Rank for years and had said, on record, on numerous occasions that he was happy and trusted Bob. This is liar, I mean lawyer, and him concocting some courtroom strategy.

This is some race card bullshit in order to get back at Arum, who likely is at fault to some extent, in an effort to be overly punitive.

Back