Terence Crawford claims Bob Arum’s ‘revolting racial bias’ hurt his career

IDK you re far more connected than me

but those talking points against Nelo are the same as several haters on here
that I haven't encountered on the real world
It could be that stupid idiot, but it could be another moron on here that no one even notices.

I was pointing out a possible motive he has for raising the racism allegations- highly prejudicial allegations that could influence the public and maybe even the judge and jury to side with him if they read his comments in the media.

As for promises, if the promises are in the contract itself then they would be easy to prove. Otherwise he could be precluded from making such allegations.I

if you read the complaint, bud is saying arum made many promises. this is why bud re-signed with him. because he thought arum would at least try and fulfill the promises he made or at least make buds career a top priority. arum did not live up to those promises and as a result, bud lost valuable prime years. this is why bud is suing him. the racism charges are not part of the lawsuit. those are an aside that bud felt he had to get off his chest. bud wasnt just talking about himself either...he was talking about a pattern of behavior by arum through the years involving other fighters.

It's not a proof though... Jews were quite successful in Germany before the WW2, that doesn't mean antisemitism didn't exist in Europe, especially in Germany.

Well, I have no time to read up about history again.

I'm looking in modern times and then looks that afro - american origin boxers were very succesul in europe.
The same Germans: WBSS was tournament, where Dorticos and Tabiti get highest purses in their life. In europe. More than this: Tabiti get UD win vs EE boxer in Russia on judges cards, get title fight vs Dorticos in europe, best paycheck he ever had.
CW division is overlooked and low paid in US.
Cunningham not only get his world title in europe, he also looks that get best purses in europe not in US. In europe he turned into cotender and get title fight.
Now eddie get good fights for Okolie, now he does have WBO CW World title.
Buatsi is pumped up by eddie.

Conor Benn, Eubank Jr too are pumped up.

Europe is not bad place for african origin boxers.

When Cunningham fought for IBF CW title, he lost 1st title fight via SD on judges cards.

Sadly usually in europe this means that you are pushed back and should work up road again, to get next title fight.
Cunningham had 2 nd chance immediately: his opponent had gave him rematch and vuala, Cunningham won rematch via MD on judges cards.

I don't care for Bob but when I read this "Crawford made $6 million for his November pay-per-view bout against Shawn Porter, the last fight of his deal with Top Rank. The Omaha, Nebraska-born fighter made $3.5 million for the Kell Brook bout, $4.8 million for his fight with Amir Khan and $4 million for the matchup with Kavaliauskas."

Come on Terrence you should be on your knees thanking Bob for making this kind of money. I don't think there was any racism. Terrence wasn't a big draw and Bob probably couldn't negotiate with the PBC. Either the money was too low for a good split or one side had unreasonable demands. Terrence needs to shut up and move on.

I don't care for Bob but when I read this "Crawford made $6 million for his November pay-per-view bout against Shawn Porter, the last fight of his deal with Top Rank. The Omaha, Nebraska-born fighter made $3.5 million for the Kell Brook bout, $4.8 million for his fight with Amir Khan and $4 million for the matchup with Kavaliauskas."

Come on Terrence you should be on your knees thanking Bob for making this kind of money. I don't think there was any racism. Terrence wasn't a big draw and Bob probably couldn't negotiate with the PBC. Either the money was too low for a good split or one side had unreasonable demands. Terrence needs to shut up and move on.

Yeah the lawsuit ks a waste of money. Terrence is a spectacular fighter but Arum is just an incompetent promoter. He couldnt sell Crawford and as a result many millions have been lost to missed opportunity.

There's no racism in being a crap promoter though. Same thing happened when Arum had Rigo...just doesn't know how to sell fighters. You could argue Loma too because he shouldve been bigger than what he was.

no, you are missing the point. the point is, bob doesnt value bud enough to put in the work to make the spence fight!...putting the fight together will take many hours of negotiations with haymon. it will take a lot of effort and money. bob simply doesnt feel bud is worth the investment. but he is not above profiting from buds hard work and success. this is why bud is calling him racist.

The bit in bold is how life works - Crawford is a disaster at promoting himself, and like it or not, that is part of the business of boxing.

There is no way to link this to racism unless there was a clear pattern of behaviour or other evidence, which there isn't because Arum only cares about money.

and $4 million for the matchup with Kavaliauskas."
So he claims about racism?
Let's compare purses to see how " bad " was Bob for Terence.

Mean Machine had 0-0 record in world title fights.
Was not big name.
Fight was only for WBO title.

Let's compare with this fight:
Usyk vs Bellew fight was for all possible titles: The Ring, WBA ( Super ) , WBC, IBF and WBO world titles.
Bellew was former CW WBC champion with HW division fight record 2-0.
Usyk was currently reigning absolutely undisputed division champ with 6-0 record in title fights and with 5 most well known in the boxing world world title belts.

And vuala, Usyk get just > 1 m GBP purse.
Bout had sold looks that ~ 819 000 ppvs and arena sold out for good price.

________
It is difficult to see, how " bad " for Crawford's wallet " was " Bob.
I see opposite thing.
Good money for fight vs, let's say noname.
More than both Lopez and Loma had get for their bout?
Damn.

Last edited:
Crawford was very fine with old Bob’s low risk strategy until he KOed Porter and realized how much more he could have made.

Playing the racism card is dumb in this very case and flat-out irresponsible in 2022.

I was a Crawford doubter, the Porter win convinced me he was for real boxingwise but with all these race-based antics I do know he’s a despicable individual.

Last edited:

I'm all for Crawford being an idiot, but Bob likely saw no long term benefit in negotiating seriously with PBC fighters. This, of course, should have been obvious to Crawford before he re-signed, given Arum's history. Blaming Bob's history of being a lazy promoter very opposed to co-promotion on racism doesn't really hold up well, though.

Arum, Top Rank and ESPN have hyped Crawford (and ranked him) above and beyond. I've read some of the lawsuit and it sounds flimsy as shit. "He called Whyte greedy - but Whyte is a black man! He couldn't possibly be greedy so that's just racist." Give me a break.

I'm all for Crawford being an idiot, but Bob likely saw no long term benefit in negotiating seriously with PBC fighters. This, of course, should have been obvious to Crawford before he re-signed, given Arum's history. Blaming Bob's history of being a lazy promoter very opposed to co-promotion on racism doesn't really hold up well, though.
Crawford has fought 3 pbc fighters under top rank

Yeah the lawsuit ks a waste of money. Terrence is a spectacular fighter but Arum is just an incompetent promoter. He couldnt sell Crawford and as a result many millions have been lost to missed opportunity.

There's no racism in being a crap promoter though. Same thing happened when Arum had Rigo...just doesn't know how to sell fighters. You could argue Loma too because he shouldve been bigger than what he was.
Rigo cant speak English and comes from a country that has half the population of the Mexico City metro area.
On top of that he is considered a boring fighter.
Its Bobs job to get his face on billboards and to get him on Network TV. He did that. All the rest falls on Rigo to make shit exciting. He failed at that.

Rigo cant speak English and comes from a country that has half the population of the Mexico City metro area.
On top of that he is considered a boring fighter.
Its Bobs job to get his face on billboards and to get him on Network TV. He did that. All the rest falls on Rigo to make shit exciting. He failed at that.

He shit on Rigo every chance he got, especially after his defining win over Donaire in what was definitely not a boring performance (and his media mouthpieces somehow decided to shit on that performance which was one of the best of the decade). Not saying Rigo was easy to promote or deal with, but Arum was literally sabotaging him. I'd say it's because he's become a very lazy promoter in the last 15 years more than anything else, thougg.

Crawford has fought 3 pbc fighters under top rank

He finally fought one of the top pbc fighters when he was already done with TR. There was never any earnest effort for him to fight any of the top WWs for several years. Tough to really say who is to blame for that, but Arum's history suggests he certainly didn't make things easier. That's entirely on Crawford, though. It was extremely obvious what the easiest way for him to make big fights was before he resigned with TR.

Back