Tell us about your travels

people only go there for concerts, and the gas is substantially cheaper in Luxembourg than in Germany. People from Trier in Germany routinely drive across the border to fill up

Canada, US

Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, Czech Republic, Italy, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Liechenstein, Andorra, Latvia, UK

Kazakhstan

In November I'll add Israel to that list, anyone have tips for that?

I want more than anything to go to Russia, Istanbul and Tangier.

As im living in the french alps i obviously went a lot of times to Switzerland(Genova esp.) and Italy(Turin-Milan-Genoa) and really lik it especially Genoa as it's the beach at 3hrs drive from my place.

As following my football(soccer) team in champions league and europa cup allowed me to discover a lot of european cities, but most of the time for only 2 days as : Glasgow, Barcelona, Prague, Pilsen, Bilbao, Sttugart, Budapest, Zurich, Florence......

I also used to go to summer trip to a lot of meditteranean countries, but too bad i was to young to enjoy the culture and architechture so i spend most of my time drinking, eating and chilling on the beach/pool as Greece, Creta, Cyprius, Tunisia, Sicila,...

I visited Morroco on two sides the touristic one with agadir and the more "ghetto" side with casablanca that i really enjoyed !!!!

I also went to Hurgada Egypt and the diving in the red sea was awesome !!!!

I hated spain- but already hated spanish people before going.

I really enjoy Italy as their chilled way of life is awesome and the people from my area are very close to italians.

In France the hipster destination where you "have" to go if you want to be like everybody else are : Australia, NZ, Thailand, Argentina, India, Sri Lanka, Bali...

I'm really not interested to go in thailand to see a bunch of brits, swedes, dutch and french being shitfaced and puking on the beach-probably 60 % of my generation in France as akready been to Thailand.

I want to go to the states especially south est, brazil, Japan, Russia, Balkans...Copenhagen.

I will go in october in Belfast for 3 days with a friend...any advice from people already been there ? Price of the beer-place to see-food to try-place to avoid ????

PS: I think us european have to be aware as lucky we are to have so many differents countries and culture so close to each other, i can take a plane on genenva and go everywhere in europe for 50 euros and 2hrs....I think its the only area like this in the world with south east asia maybe.

this cat said Andorra, random ass country

might as well throw Burkina faso in there too haha

Haven't been out of the country(USA) much but I spent 4 weeks in Central America a few decades ago. A buddy and I rode our bikes across Guatemala and then bummed around Belize.

If we tried to do that bike trip today we'd probably make 8 miles before being kidnapped.

I seen a pit bull having sex with a Pomeranian.

Seeing this thread makes me realize I really haven't traveled anywhere. The only time I left the country was when the army stationed me in Germany and went to Iraq twice.

Gotta start putting a list together.

Seeing this thread makes me realize I really haven't traveled anywhere. The only time I left the country was when the army stationed me in Germany and went to Iraq twice.

Me and you both.

If anyone has the balls to do a trek across a continent (s.a., europe, or asia) within the next year, I'm in.

Where were you at in Germany? so many of the bases are closed now, they even moved USAREUR from Heidelberg to Wiesbaden like two years ago, shits crazy

My favorite country is Australia

Favorite cities are Lviv and Saint Petersburg - both very nice and are pretty cheap

I liked Finland (Helsinki), but I am not sure if I would return, I didn't think there was a whole lot to do.

Where were you at in Germany? so many of the bases are closed now, they even moved USAREUR from Heidelberg to Wiesbaden like two years ago, shits crazy

Vilseck. I was in 2-2inf 1st ID in 2003. When we got back from Iraq in 2005, the unit was disbanded.

Vilseck. I was in 2-2inf 1st ID in 2003. When we got back from Iraq in 2005, the unit was disbanded.

Good shit. I was in baumhoholder, in 3-4 IN. Our Brigade got disbanded, so did 172nd IN in Graf, so afaik, the only combat arms units left in germany are 1-4 in Hohenfels, and 2 SCR in Vilseck

Good shit. I was in baumhoholder, in 3-4 IN. Our Brigade got disbanded, so did 172nd IN in Graf, so afaik, the only combat arms units left in germany are 1-4 in Hohenfels, and 2 SCR in Vilseck

I miss Germany. I'd love to go back.

The time I was there was spent drinking and clubbing so I missed out on a lot.

i was there sep 09 - jan 13, trust me i feel you my dude

Lived in England and Australia for an extended period of time. Also been to Holland, France, Spain, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Mexico where I've been over 20+ times. Haven't left the country in almost 5 years. :( Next up is Belize for epic scuba diving or Iceland.

50+ countries, more or less depending how one counts countries that don't exist anymore and countries that got split up and whatnot.

So I just finalised my 5 weeks or so trip to Europe in October...

Flying into Istanbul, Turkey; doing Cappadocia for a couple days too. Then overland on buses, to Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia (already been there but have to go via Belgrade and I know a smoking hot local chick so might see if she has a 'couch' for me!), Romania.

Then I MIGHT fly to Switzerland to stay with my ex-girlfriend for a few days. If not, Cologne, Germany (again, I know two smoking local birds and would love to hook up with one of them!). Really wanted to do Iceland too but it's too expensive, what with Central America happening a few months later.

Do you subtract one for East Germany?

IDK, this is the conundrum.

I have a stamp in an old passport for having entered East Germany from when I lived in West Germany. Since then, been back to live and work (oddly enough, in Bon and Berlin).

Went to Yugoslavia when there still was a Yugoslavia to the parts that are now the countries of Croatia, Slovenia, and Bosnia & Herzegovina. Technically, I've only entered the nation state of Yugoslavia, so is it fair to say I've been to Croatia and the others?

Traveled to Prague when Czechoslovakia still existed, but only the Czech side. Been back to the Czech Republic.

Worked in Sudan in Darfur and extensively in what's now South Sudan, but never entered South Sudan since it became independent.

So if we count countries as geopolitical entities as they existed when I entered them, then six - Germany/West Germany as the BRD, the DDR, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, the Czech Republic and the Sudan. That double counts two of those countries.

Counting places I've been to that are independent political states as they currently exist, then seven - Germany, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Slovenia, Sudan, South Sudan.

Back