Tell us about your travels

I've been all over the southern US, as well as Chicago.

I've been to a few Caribbean islands: Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Cozumel.

I've lived in DC, Boston, NYC, London, Paris, and Singapore. London's for sure my favorite place to call home, even though housing is awful and prices for everything else are sky high.

I've travelled all over N America and pretty much all of Europe outside former Yugoslavia. I also got to spend a decent amount of time in Vietnam and a little time in Iran. I don't need to see the middle or southern U.S. ever again. Wales and the west midlands of England I found depressing. I really enjoyed visiting Scandinavia and the Scottish highlands. Great places to escape to by yourself. The lakes region in eastern Poland is really nice too.

Dream trips when I have time and money again are Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand, and Australia. Dream solo hiking trip is to go from the Black Sea to the Caspian through Georgia and the lower Caucasus.

As a reclusive shut in, going to Target or Walmart feels like a trip to a completely different dimmension if I get high enough. That place is pretty intense.

That was me this past weekend.

Smoked a couple of joints for the 1st time in about 6 or 7 years, got absolutely ripped, and then somehow my wife convinced me that a trip to Walmart was a good idea. Never again.

I've been all over the southern US, as well as Chicago.

I've been to a few Caribbean islands: Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Cozumel.

What was your Dominican experience?

Been to 50some odd countries. Just went to Taipei for work, and really loved it. Going to krakow, Stockholm and Prague in the next few months for work. One of the perks of doing my type of work. It gets old though

I've lived in DC, Boston, NYC, London, Paris, and Singapore. London's for sure my favorite place to call home, even though housing is awful and prices for everything else are sky high.

I've travelled all over N America and pretty much all of Europe outside former Yugoslavia. I also got to spend a decent amount of time in Vietnam and a little time in Iran. I don't need to see the middle or southern U.S. ever again. Wales and the west midlands of England I found depressing. I really enjoyed visiting Scandinavia and the Scottish highlands. Great places to escape to by yourself. The lakes region in eastern Poland is really nice too.

Dream trips when I have time and money again are Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand, and Australia. Dream solo hiking trip is to go from the Black Sea to the Caspian through Georgia and the lower Caucasus.

London is the best city in the world, no question.

IDK, this is the conundrum.

I have a stamp in an old passport for having entered East Germany from when I lived in West Germany. Since then, been back to live and work (oddly enough, in Bon and Berlin).

Went to Yugoslavia when there still was a Yugoslavia to the parts that are now the countries of Croatia, Slovenia, and Bosnia & Herzegovina. Technically, I've only entered the nation state of Yugoslavia, so is it fair to say I've been to Croatia and the others?

Traveled to Prague when Czechoslovakia still existed, but only the Czech side. Been back to the Czech Republic.

Worked in Sudan in Darfur and extensively in what's now South Sudan, but never entered South Sudan since it became independent.

So if we count countries as geopolitical entities as they existed when I entered them, then six - Germany/West Germany as the BRD, the DDR, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, the Czech Republic and the Sudan. That double counts two of those countries.

Counting places I've been to that are independent political states as they currently exist, then seven - Germany, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Slovenia, Sudan, South Sudan.

I think it's only legit to count a location as what it was when you were there. If I go to Strasbourg, I don't get to count the ping ponging that went on between Germany and France!

yeah there is no city in the world I want to visit more than london. There are individual things I want to see more (pyramids, northern lights, etc) but overall, London is what I really want to see.

from birth have moved as follows

Denmark
Texas (Houston)
Florida (Miami)
Denmark
Florida (Miami)
New Jersey (Scotch Plains)
Denmark
South Africa
Texas (Houston)
Singapore
Texas (Houston)
Texas (Austin)
South Africa
Malaysia
Texas (Houston)

I'd be here all day to tell you about travels.

All over the world, but here is my bucket list:

1. Oktoberfest, Germany
2. Dublin
3. Brazil--carnival
4. Prague
5. Sweden

I was in Sydney last weekend with my girlfriend and her mum and holy balls, these people have no spatial awareness whatsoever. They seem to always stop and stand in the most inconvenient place you can find on a sidewalk and have no idea how queues work.

I laugh, because it's true. There is this one Target and Costco by my house that is known for having pregnant Chinese women shop there. Apparently, some company arranges visa and airfare and they stay at a nearby apartment complex until they give birth. Anywho, they always roam in packs of two or three, and have some sort of RADAR or SONAR because they ALWAYS get in my way. If I move left, they float left, then stop. If I go right, they scurry right, then stop. It's damn near impossible to get around them.

Russia (Moscow)
Turkey (Istanbul, Bodrum x 2, Dalaman, Fethiye, Antalya)
France (Paris)
Switzerland (Zurich)
Belgium (forgot the place back in like 2002 for school trip. Some WW2 site.)
Germany (Munich)
US (Florida/Orlando x 2)
Spain (Ibiza & Barcelona)
Portugal (Faro)
Nigeria (Abuja & Lagos)
Bahamas (Nassau I think)
Sweden (Gothenburg)
Italy (Sardinia)

Going forward: Ibiza again, Dubai and Amsterdam for 2015. Several more next year: Vegas, NY, Stockholm, Croatia and maybe south east asia somehwere.

Tops: Sardinia, Istanbul, Abuja, Munich, Gothenburg

Bottom: Belgium, Lagos, Fethiya

Back