Social Teen Mauled to Death By Pitbulls

I had dogs my whole life growing up. Go through any annual list of US dog bite fatalities and see what percentage are GR's you pathetic numbskull.

Oh your parents had dogs, not you. In any case, you go ahead and have a dog that won't protect you and I'll have one that will.

I'm pretty anti-pitbull, but the pitbulls and their owner shouldn't be held liable for the boy's death. It's an unfortunate tragedy but I don't think there was any criminal negligence or intent.

Agreed. And despite hating pits, the one shouldn't have been euthanized, but it showed just how aggressive it was by biting the officer. There is no need for dogs like that to be kept in a neighborhood where they could get loose one day and injure an innocent person.

The dog is supposed to maul people to death?

I don't get anyone in here who don't care. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I mean, seriously a 16 kid got brutally mauled to death simply for trespassing in a yard. You guys never picked apples or some shit as kids in someone elses yard? Never engaged in shenanigans after a few beers as a teen?

Basicly everyone has made some mistakes as kids, should we handle out death sentences for trespassing now? Come on. What a horrific way to go and I feel bad for the kid and his family.

So, get past the bloviating and get to the point of what the solution should be to prevent this from ever happening again.

Trespassing to be removed from the law?
Outlawing large and aggressive dogs from being guard dogs? Only allowing ankle-biters anyone could punt from the 50 yard line and through the uprights?

And yes, I do care about the kid. I've probably did much dumber shit than he did when I was 16. But the simple fact is he is at fault for his own death.

I'm so damn jaded with the 'Someone died, and here's a villain to hate' narrative.

16, or 40 it doesnt matter. You hop a fence not knowing what's on the other side, the consequences are entirely on you. Sucks that he paid with his life, but that's the risk he took.
So you had the same judgment at 16 you had now? Do you believe everyone should pay with their lives for one stupid mistake? Come on have some compassion man. I'm not blaming anyone or saying the dog owner or dogs were in the wrong. I'm just saying it's sad and I'm 100 percent positive just about every kid out there has done something equally stupid. It's part of growing up. The only difference is they didn't get killed. You don't have to go on a internet forum to admonish some dead kid.

Wiener dogs are bad enough. I thought they were satan himself. I was wrong.
Personally I don't understand the idea of owning a dog. They just shit everywhere and shed all over my expensive property. And whine and bark and are a bitch to take care of. I never really understood pet owners.

Personally I don't understand the idea of owning a dog. They just shit everywhere and shed all over my expensive property. And whine and bark and are a bitch to take care of. I never really understood pet owners.
You deserve that Double Yellow Card for this post alone.

I'm triggered, bro.

You deserve that Double Yellow Card for this post alone.

I'm triggered, bro.
Lol it's just me personally. There are lots of pet fanatics out there and lots of women whos best friends seem to be cats. That's cool to each their own. Not my thing though. I have a teenage son who is enough trouble to take care of. Certainly don't need a animal

I usually drew the line at hopping fences. It's more like breaking an entering.

I consider watching your badly wasted buddy fall on his head trying to hop a low chain link fence to be one of life's most rewarding simple pleasures.

dog-attack-backyard.jpg

I wouldn't walk near this guy's property, let alone jump through his fence to take a shortcut.

Nothing says "keep out" quite like a Jason mask. :eek:

I consider watching your badly wasted buddy fall on his head trying to hop a low chain link fence to be one of life's most rewarding simple pleasures.

Well sure. In my day it was a buddy getting a little taste of the electric fence. :D

I'm sorry but the kid is an absolute moron. If you've lived in Texas for any length of time you know not to go onto other peoples property or there's a very high likelihood you'll be shot. I don't even walk onto my own families property without announcing myself or knocking at the door. As ridicilous as some of the people on this board may think it is, trespassing can absolutely get you killed here and everyone knows it.

I understand the lack of empathy of some posters. But this wouldn't be a thread if someone Jay walked without looking or entered a restricted construction area and died. It's because of the visual of being mauled
What if the kid ran across a guy's yard and the owner shot him to death, despite the kid not being a threat to anyone or the owner's property. Would that be a reasonable response?

People here acting like they never did something stupid when they were teenagers.

"You deserve death"
Sherdog.
Kids trespass all the dam time, it's not malicious. It's kids being kids. Most times they don't even think about it. Kids occasionally run through yards while playing or taking a short cut.

Hell even adults some time need to trespass. A while back, while I was walking my dog, he wiggled out of his leash, and just took off. I ran after him. He crossed the road and went into the yard of other people. I chased after him, and in the process I was trespassing. No one came out and started yelling at me or shooting. No one called the cops. Cause people here are reasonable and not a bunch of mentally stunted misfits.

1.) Kid shouldn't trespass

2.) If the kid is from the neighborhood they're a colossal fucking dumbass for jumping the fence of THAT yard as they should have known about the dogs in advance.

3.) This owner sounds like a real "stand up citizen".

4.) Why weren't the other two dogs involved in the attack euthanized?

5.) I've meet some really REALLY nice pitbulls and their owners all take care of them well and have trained them but wtf....

What if the kid ran across a guy's yard and the owner shot him to death, despite the kid not being a threat to anyone or the owner's property. Would that be a reasonable response?
No because a human has a slightly more advanced brain than a dog

No because a human has a slightly more advanced brain than a dog
The human in this case utilized the service of an animal that is clearly a serious threat to life and limb. So ultimately a human is responsible.

Kids trespass all the dam time, it's not malicious. It's kids being kids. Most times they don't even think about it. Kids occasionally run through yards while playing or taking a short cut.

Hell even adults some time need to trespass. A while back, while I was walking my dog, he wiggled out of his leash, and just took off. I ran after him. He crossed the road and went into the yard of other people. I chased after him, and in the process I was trespassing. No one came out and started yelling at me or shooting. No one called the cops. Cause people here are reasonable and not a bunch of mentally stunted misfits.
Was that at 5am?

The human in this case utilized the service of an animal that is clearly a serious threat to life and limb. So ultimately a human is responsible.
Human was inside sleeping, the dog performed according to its training and does not have the brain capacity to distinguish between a potentially innocent 16 year old or a crack head looking to break in and kill you. Would this be a story if the victim was a gang banger on an initiation hit job? I'd wager no.

So you had the same judgment at 16 you had now? Do you believe everyone should pay with their lives for one stupid mistake? Come on have some compassion man. I'm not blaming anyone or saying the dog owner or dogs were in the wrong. I'm just saying it's sad and I'm 100 percent positive just about every kid out there has done something equally stupid. It's part of growing up. The only difference is they didn't get killed. You don't have to go on a internet forum to admonish some dead kid.

equally stupid as in trespassing at a property at 4/5AM in the morning?

Sorry bro but most of us were never THAT stupid at that age. and we are talking about an enclosed fenced area yes?

There's no excuse. Yes this stupid mistake shouldn't have cost his life but at 16 if you do not know by that age that there are dogs that can maul you to death and some people keep them in their property for protection then it's on you. And this happened in Texas... Who da fuck in Texas doesn't not know that trespassing is risky as shit?...

equally stupid as in trespassing at a property at 4/5AM in the morning?

Sorry bro but most of us were never THAT stupid at that age. and we are talking about an enclosed fenced area yes?

There's no excuse. Yes this stupid mistake shouldn't have cost his life but at 16 if you do not know by that age that there are dogs that can maul you to death and some people keep them in their property for protection then it's on you. And this happened in Texas... Who da fuck in Texas doesn't not know that trespassing is risky as shit?...
It was stupid. There's no doubt about it. But people don't need to be on a 1997 Karate Forum talking about how he deserved it. As there are in this thread and that's who I was originally quoting, until people came in and started defending that line of thought.

Back