Social Teen Mauled to Death By Pitbulls

I feel bad for that kids parents. He was only 6 years older than my son. Jumping a fence shouldn’t even get you arrested let alone killed gruesomely. If it’s proven he instigated the attack or provoked the dogs then he’s an idiot, but come on he’s 16 and was just in the backyard.

When I was a kid I used to cut through a ton of peoples backyards as a short cut. That’s how a lot of city kids grow up. Some of these responses are so fucked up.
Yeah I jumped plenty of fences when I was a kid too with the full knowledge that if a dog lived there I would probably get bit. I got chased a few times and both of my brothers got small bites but not once did we think it was the dog or owners fault.

I do feel for the parents but kids do stupid shit that sometimes get them killed. I dont see why the dogs or the dog owner should be punished for others bad choices.

Terrible story.

Hope the other dog gets put down as well. Shit guard animal that's a huge liability if it ever got out.

According to Sherdog if they were jaywalking they probably would deserve it

Sad to see, but I can't imagine there's any liability for an attack in your back yard (I've seen quite a few local cases for attacks in front yards though, enclosed or not. Including of meter readers and one guy that lost an arm to a couple of pig dogs).
I vaguely remember a local case where an owner was sucessfully sued when a kid jumped his back fence and impaled himself on a bit of rebar used as a garden stake, but that was the sort of thing that eventually lead to us effectively having Castle Law.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-dies-pit-bull-attacks-160636259.html

Kid was trespassing at 5am so I guess he invited himself to the Ramsay treatment. One of the dogs was shot by police and later euthanized after biting an officer. This story is a slippery slope. The dogs defended their territory but seemed to do so with an uncontrollable attack, which led to police intervention. This is a play-stupid-Games story but at what point should the owner have tried to call off the dogs?
To bad an innocent dog had to die.

Oh yeah... I'm sure a couple golden retrievers would have mauled that kid to death, too. :rolleyes:

Anyone trying to justify this must believe by extension that a property owner has the right to shoot and kill anyone trespassing on their property. No questions asked.
Yes golden retrievers could have done the same .

You don't want to tangle with midsized dogs defending their territory no matter which breed it is.

Last edited:
I feel bad for that kids parents. He was only 6 years older than my son. Jumping a fence shouldn’t even get you arrested let alone killed gruesomely. If it’s proven he instigated the attack or provoked the dogs then he’s an idiot, but come on he’s 16 and was just in the backyard.

When I was a kid I used to cut through a ton of peoples backyards as a short cut. That’s how a lot of city kids grow up. Some of these responses are so fucked up.
Way to reasonable a post for this forum. Feels like everyone just trolls here nowadays. I also have a son so I understand your empathy for the kid. People in here saying he deserved it or ragging on him for being stupid really don't get it. He was a 16 year old kid. Jesus

Sad to see, but I can't imagine there's any liability for an attack in your back yard (I've seen quite a few local cases for attacks in front yards though, enclosed or not. Including of meter readers and one guy that lost an arm to a couple of pig dogs).
I vaguely remember a local case where an owner was sucessfully sued when a kid jumped his back fence and impaled himself on a bit of rebar used as a garden stake, but that was the sort of thing that eventually lead to us effectively having Castle Law.
The issue here might be the owner utilizing disproportionate force. Pitbulls as attack dogs can be viewed as disproportionate force, much like shooting to death someone who while trespassing does not pose a threat to life and property.

"She did what she’s supposed to do,” Guillermo Lorenzo, who owned the home and the dogs, later said of the euthanized dog to WFAA-TV.

The teen did not live in the home, according to a statement from the Irving Police Department, and it was unclear why he was in the backyard.

Lorenzo told investigators that the boy was trespassing.

"Nobody has the right to be in this yard," Lorenzo told WFAA-TV.

Its a tragic situation with the death of a 16 year old boy, but there's not a controversy.

The dogs (of peace) fulfilled their function, attacking trespassers.

Now here's some gifs of pitbull.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif
The dog is supposed to maul people to death?

I don't get anyone in here who don't care. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I mean, seriously a 16 kid got brutally mauled to death simply for trespassing in a yard. You guys never picked apples or some shit as kids in someone elses yard? Never engaged in shenanigans after a few beers as a teen?

Basicly everyone has made some mistakes as kids, should we handle out death sentences for trespassing now? Come on. What a horrific way to go and I feel bad for the kid and his family.

The dog is supposed to maul people to death?

I don't get anyone in here who don't care. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I mean, seriously a 16 kid got brutally mauled to death simply for trespassing in a yard. You guys never did picked apples or some shit as kids in someone elses yard? Never engaged in shenanigans after a few beers as a teen?

Basicly everyone has made some mistakes as kids, should we handle out death sentences now for trespassing? Come on. What a horrific way to go and I feel bad for the kid and his familiy.
Agree with you here. Can not understand the mindset of people who think the kid getting mauled to death for trespassing is reasonable reaction. It is a demented way of thinking. Just flabbergasted that people who are not social misfits would think like this.

Agree with you here. Can not understand the mindset of people who think the kid getting mauled to death for trespassing is reasonable reaction. It is a demented way of thinking. Just flabbergasted that people who are not social misfits would think like this.
Agree. It's quite disturbing actually.

Agree. It's quite disturbing actually.
There are some people who think a person committing an illegal act deserves everything coming their way. They think nothing about proportionate use of force.

dog-attack-backyard.jpg

I wouldn't walk near this guy's property, let alone jump through his fence to take a shortcut.

You want to execute kids by mauling for trespassing now? Want to stone women to death for adultery too? Chop peoples hands off for stealing?

I really don't get it.

You want to execute kids by mauling for trespassing now? Want to stone women to death for adultery too? Chop peoples hands off for stealing?

I really don't get it.
Re.bolded

That's a good point. Why doesn't America institute Islamic/Sharia laws like chopping off one's hands for stealing, since the person had it coming to them.

Way to reasonable a post for this forum. Feels like everyone just trolls here nowadays. I also have a son so I understand your empathy for the kid. People in here saying he deserved it or ragging on him for being stupid really don't get it. He was a 16 year old kid. Jesus

16, or 40 it doesnt matter. You hop a fence not knowing what's on the other side, the consequences are entirely on you. Sucks that he paid with his life, but that's the risk he took.

I'm pretty anti-pitbull, but the pitbulls and their owner shouldn't be held liable for the boy's death. It's an unfortunate tragedy but I don't think there was any criminal negligence or intent.
Pitbulls are among the sweetest natured dogs I've ever known.

Wow, bleeding hearts in here.
Let me see if I can clarify at least MY position. I dont want to talk for others.
1)Yes, it is absolutely horrific the kid died in this manner and Yes, I feel terribly for his family.
2)It was the kids choice to go into someone elses property.
3)No, that does not mean he should be mauled for trespassing but it does mean that he is taking a risk of running across a dog in it's own territory and may possibly be mauled.

This is a tragic circumstance that could have been easily avoided.

Once again kids do stupid shit all the time that gets them killed. Others should not be punished for their choices. Dogs should not be killed for defending their home which is WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

You can feel bad that a kid died and feel bad for his family and still recognize he made a bad choice and something tragic happened.

The dog should not have been killed and the other dogs should not have been punished because of this kids choices. The owner should not be punished over this kids choices.

People in this thread act like you cant have empathy for both the kids family and the dog owner at the same time.

Back