Social Teen Mauled to Death By Pitbulls

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by deadshot138, Aug 12, 2019 at 1:43 PM.

1. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

A neighbor in my parents neighborhood stuck their hand over the fence to "try and make friends " with their rotti that was barking at her as she cut through their yard. She was bit and needed stitches and was reported as a bite and animal control came out and found no fault and considered Brock friendly and a non threat. But in your opinion my parents are to blame?

2. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

No. Notice how it didnt maul her to death while she cut through the yard. Dog wasnt out of control.

3. SaiWa

SaiWa Black Belt

But you don't even have to train a dog for it to be a deadly force. Dogs are lethal on their own. You are going to train a dog to ignore its domain? Teach it to ignore strangers? Might as well teach it to be a cat.

What you are saying or suggesting makes absolutely no sense. A dog is going to a be dog. Unless you beat the living shit out of the dog and break its will to be normal it will defend its domain. That's what dogs do... it will bark and it will attack depending on its breed. A dog can be the most civil and nicest pet to you and your family but it will treat a stranger like dog food. I remember visiting this girl I wanted to get with and she had to hold onto the dog cause it was snarling at me. They all assured me that the dog had never bitten anyone but that dog was looking at me like I was Satan. Dog was right cause all I wanted to do was slay that pussy...

HunterAcosta and D 1 Wrestler like this.
  4. D 1 Wrestler

If she climbed the fence it would have likely attacked her and if my parents weren't home or sleeping they would not be able to call him off.

Dog was a big baby as well, grew up with my daughter never harmed a fly and was great with other dogs. He would become aggressive at people coming up to the house he didn't recognize, once we greeted that person he was a baby again. He was such a good dog when he passed my parents got another from the same line

5. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

All dogs aren't the same. A pitbull or Rott defending its territory is worlds different from a golden retriever defending its territory.

My golden meets strangers coming into my property all the time, from utility workers and contractors coming to fix things to FedEx /UPS / Amazon delivery to neighbors. My dog's reaction is to bark and then demand the strangers pet him .

There are other dogs in this neighborhood, none of them realistically poses a threat to strangers.

Ornife and HunterAcosta like this.
  6. D 1 Wrestler

7. *Z*

*Z* Brown Belt

Nope. It very well could have been many breeds of dog. People just sensationalize anything having to do with pitbulls.

lurker likes this.
  8. SaiWa

SaiWa Black Belt

Exactly.. you just defeated your own point. All dogs aren't the same...

A German Shepard may not be so kind trained or untrained to a trespasser yes?

All I am saying there are people who do not wanted anyone near their property. As long as these dogs stay within their fenced area it's their business how they train their dogs. How you want your dog to defend your territory may not be what someone else has in mind with their pet and their property. I am not one to judge or tell how someone how they should train their pet as long as it's not sheer abuse. Are you?

9. *Z*

*Z* Brown Belt

One day it's going to bite your face right off!!!

Just kidding. Looks like a sweet dog.

Ornife likes this.
  10. hisandherpes

hisandherpes Green Belt

one less evil pitbull and one less criminal teen.
    everyone is a winner

11. Oliver Clothesoff

Oliver Clothesoff Brown Belt Platinum Member

Wonder if the reaction would've been the same if these were German Shepherds?

12. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

There is also proportional use of force. A person can not use deadly force even in a case of trespassing if the trespasser is not posing a threat. A person can not use deadly force in self defense if the other party does not pose a valid threat.

Keeping and training an animal that can inflict such deadly force is akin to using deadly force in a situation that does not justify it. Just because someone does something illegal, does not give the government or citizens the right to kill that person.

7437 and BAKM like this.
  13. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

If that yard had had a couple pits in it you and your doggo would probably be dead. Or at best catastrophically disabled.

I once had a tax return appointment at an address I had never been to before. The guy told me to just come through the gate into the backyard because his office door was on the back of the house.

I did as told only to learn I was at the wrong house on the right street.

If that particular property owner had had a pitbull in his backyard it could have been a horror show. An innocent error could have resulted in my death. You might as well allow citizens to place landmines in their lawns.

14. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Well according to some people your death is your fault or that of the guy giving you wrong directions. Any mistake, even minor ones, deserve a death sentence. Don't want to die, then don't make mistakes.

HunterAcosta likes this.
  15. SBJJ

SBJJ Gold Belt

Or Zombies or Gargoyles

16. SBJJ

SBJJ Gold Belt

But they might snort you to death

Pugs are awesome

17. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

18. SpartanKhmy

SpartanKhmy Purple Belt

I think we all know what is to blame here according to the media....
    [​IMG]

19. SaiWa

SaiWa Black Belt

But you cannot truly control that proportional use of force for an animal? Should we wipe out any and all pets that are potential life threatening? Kill off all pitbulls and german shepherds and substitute them with poodles?

If I own a German Shepherd and give it regular dog training and let it roam in my backyard and an intruder comes in and my dog kills him am I at fault for the dog being a dog?

You're assuming all dogs kill due to training. I am telling you dogs may kill if you enter their territory - trained or untrained. You're placing the blame on the owner for simply owning a particular "type" of dog.

20. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

One APBT isn’t going to kill a man. They weigh like 50 pounds.