Tatiana, how pathetic…

Nina lost the first two rounds, that's her fault. She didn't win the third with a finish or 10-8, that's her fault.

Maybe they should rematch

She was rather open, in an interview I watched, about being one-dimensional, her wrestling was always good enough to take care of everything, so I don't know how she could be suddenly "exposed" as such when she hasn't been hiding it.
Suarez isn't ever going to be looking to fight like a striker, from the outside, like Joanna or Rose, trying to avoid being grabbed by Andrade. Suarez doesn't need to try to learn that. She wants to clinch with Andrade. She wants the fight to go to the ground. How much striking does she need to do that? Some, yes, she needs to be able to get to the clinch. But that is likely pretty easy to do with Jessica because she too wants to clinch.

Looks like she WAS pretty confident her grappling was so good she didn’t need to get better at striking or improve her gas tank. Now not so much.

Looks like she WAS pretty confident her grappling was so good she didn’t need to get better at striking or improve her gas tank. Now not so much.
Except she says her gas tank is fine. And there has never been evidence clearly to the contrary. She said her neck injury was what people interpreted as gassing. Just because it isn't so easy to show her injury, doesn't mean it isn't true. I expect that if PVZ never showed her x-rays of fighting with a broken arm, Sherdoggers would be calling her a liar. But people do fight with injuries, and sometimes those can have a big effect.

Thought Suarez looked pretty dominant the last couple fights I saw but definitely came away from this one seeing some vulnerability. I also thought had it been a 5rd fight she mighta been in trouble.

Didnt listen to the interview but when they throw injuries out right away it's a little disappointing. Dont think I'd necessarily say hack is an accurate description though.

Except she says her gas tank is fine. And there has never been evidence clearly to the contrary. She said her neck injury was what people interpreted as gassing. Just because it isn't so easy to show her injury, doesn't mean it isn't true. I expect that if PVZ never showed her x-rays of fighting with a broken arm, Sherdoggers would be calling her a liar. But people do fight with injuries, and sometimes those can have a big effect.

She clearly gassed in the 3rd against Ansaroff, regardless of what she said.

How pathetic is it to win, and then blame you're bad performance on an injury (that may or may not even be true).

She was seconds away from getting finished, Nina should have applied more pressure in the last minute instead of waiting till the very end. Tatiana would have lost if that was a 5 rounder.

Pathetic either way, especially after a win.

this just in - mma fighters get injuries

if only you could get a life

Comparing her to Khabib is gag worthy. Her TDs are basic and one dimensional, she isn't that impressive once the fight hits the ground either.

Andrade murders her.

Comparing her to Khabib is gag worthy. Her TDs are basic and one dimensional, she isn't that impressive once the fight hits the ground either.

Andrade murders her.
So you only seen her fight once huh?

Her neck injury ended her wrestling career (as well as thyroid cancer).

That's why she is not bothered about the title shot.

What's pathetic is a grown man (I use the term man loosely).

Coming online emoting about a situation he knows nothing about.

I've seen all her fights in the UFC, the point stands.
If you seen all her fights, then how does your point still stand? "Basic and one dimensional takedowns". She's shown a variety of different takedowns as well as chain wrestling. "Not impressive once the fight hits the ground", she's been beating the shit out of people on the ground and getting finishes. The reason she's getting so much criticism right now is because people were expecting a performance of those levels.

I just think Tatiana (if being truthful) was shocked on how Nina has continued to evolve at the rate she is. Tatiana is a beast and the 115 women trying to defend takedowns is almost impossible. Suarez was exhausted in first 2 rounds as Nina defended and postured up as textbook as it gets ( once you're on back) as Tatiana could not rain down any damage .She tried but just couldn't. Tatiana submissive-ly gave Nina 3rd round standing as she WAS FUCKING SPENT and just winging arm punches as her opponent was technically connecting.
Tatiana s stock remained and deserves title shot and Nina's went up in a loss.

We will see these 2 fight again and it's my opinion that Suarez will have title when it happens.

How pathetic is it to win, and then blame you're bad performance on an injury (that may or may not even be true).

She was seconds away from getting finished, Nina should have applied more pressure in the last minute instead of waiting till the very end. Tatiana would have lost if that was a 5 rounder.

Pathetic either way, especially after a win.

Real fighters don't make excuses. You step in to the cage/ring, then you are erady to fight!

In MMA almost all fighters will have some sort of niggle going in to the fight due to their training regime. She gassed and nearly paid the price! She will have real problems in 5 rounders where she cant get a finish. Andrade will knock her out if they fight next

I've seen all her fights, and have been very high on her prospects, but was kind of shocked at how poor her standup really is. I guess she's never really had to use it for a whole round before. Still like her chances going forward, but her stock dropped quite a bit from that fight.

Back