Tatiana, how pathetic…

It's easy to conserve energy when beating up on an opponent a lot smaller than you.
Lol you need to watch that fight again, Carla wasn't just laying there. Both of them were expending a tremendous amout of energy. Nobody was conserving energy in that fight

It does seem amazingly convenient when otherwise dominant fighters look less than dominant and suddenly an injury appears, though. Happens too often.

I'm not saying TS is right, I don't know. He has a point.
Amazingly convenient?

What do you think the logical outcome would be if a fighter fights with an injury? The answer is: they don't perform well. It's a logical outcome. Not every fighter is Tito Ortiz with a cracked skull and broken back year-round.

Now, the real question is the extent of the injury. Because most fighters fight "injured" to some degree. I had an ankle injury bother me for literally years. So was this a new, temporary injury for Tatiana? Or was this the typical kind of injury that many fighters fight through.

How pathetic is it to win, and then blame you're bad performance on an injury (that may or may not even be true).

She was seconds away from getting finished, Nina should have applied more pressure in the last minute instead of waiting till the very end. Tatiana would have lost if that was a 5 rounder.

Pathetic either way, especially after a win.

Now, the real question is the extent of the injury. Because most fighters fight "injured" to some degree. I had an ankle injury bother me for literally years. So was this a new, temporary injury for Tatiana? Or was this the typical kind of injury that many fighters fight through.

Tatiana says she's fine with being passed over for a title shot fighting Andrade (Zhang Weili is apparently getting the title shot).
Why is Tatiana not upset? She won the title eliminator.
She's not upset because she really is injured, and needs time to heal.

The woman is undefeated, ranked number 2 and just beat the number 3 ranked fighter in her division. Yeah, the fight wasn't her best but she won. So she's now a hack?

There is no excuse for such a ridiculous characterization other than fishing for clicks and likes by hating on a fighter. That's just silly. But hey, mission accomplished, you got me and others to click by posting a dumbass thread title.

How pathetic is it to win, and then blame you're bad performance on an injury (that may or may not even be true).

She was seconds away from getting finished, Nina should have applied more pressure in the last minute instead of waiting till the very end. Tatiana would have lost if that was a 5 rounder.

Pathetic either way, especially after a win.
Even matt hughes had a couple rough performances in his career.

yeah she gassed and had no ground and pound. I don't want to read this female Khabib cringe anymore.

Well Tito often fought with a cracked scull

I dunno, maybe she really is injured? Not every excuse that people make is untrue...

She was nowhere close to being finished, come off it. Being hit with a couple good shots doesn't mean you were almost out of there. And she didn't have a lousy performance either, she dominated the two rounds she won and there was no argument about who the winner was after it was over.
<mma4>

I think people are discounting how good Nina is (look beyond her record). Nina has always been big, strong, and tough at SW - and she's a veteran. She beat Gadelha. Suarez just ran into some legit Top 5 talent, that's why she didn't look like her usual dominant self.

Jarl

Tatiana says she's fine with being passed over for a title shot fighting Andrade (Zhang Weili is apparently getting the title shot).
Why is Tatiana not upset? She won the title eliminator.
She's not upset because she really is injured, and needs time to heal.

Or a Fighter is ok with being “passed over” if they just got exposed for being one dimensional and need time to work on their stand up.

Or a Fighter is ok with being “passed over” if they just got exposed for being one dimensional and need time to work on their stand up.

Could be a combination of factors. Nina Ansaroff's a good striker who had an excellent third round. Tatiana's a cancer survivor who doesn't fight frequently. She said the injury occurred two weeks prior to the fight and her coaches wanted her to cancel. Looked to me like it got aggravated as the fight went on. And yeah, she might also want time to work on her stand up.

She was rather open, in an interview I watched, about being one-dimensional, her wrestling was always good enough to take care of everything, so I don't know how she could be suddenly "exposed" as such when she hasn't been hiding it.
Suarez isn't ever going to be looking to fight like a striker, from the outside, like Joanna or Rose, trying to avoid being grabbed by Andrade. Suarez doesn't need to try to learn that. She wants to clinch with Andrade. She wants the fight to go to the ground. How much striking does she need to do that? Some, yes, she needs to be able to get to the clinch. But that is likely pretty easy to do with Jessica because she too wants to clinch.

Back