Tarantino Shuts Dumbass Down Video!

Benoco

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

I love his attitude, "I'm not your slave, you're not my master".

The reporter was getting creative, "lets pin the recent shootings on Kill Bill", glad he got put in his place.

Dumbass for asking important questions on a news show? I don't think so. Many people will not have heard his views on violence and he should share them rather than shying away from interesting topics.

Thought he came off like kind of a tool, actually. Tarantino makes phenomenal movies. But he's always struck me as an egomaniac. Talking about how he's somehow created a dialogue about slavery as if it was some kind of forgotten, secret topic. Meh. Stay behind the camera imo.

Good for Tarantino.

It's an idiotic, loaded question.

Either he believes that film can influence violence, and he's evil for making violent films, or he doesn't believe that film can influence violence, and he's evil for being ignorant. No reason to have such a polarizing opinion on the matter while he has a film in theaters.

Most of Tarantino's fan already know the answer to that question.

hahahaha..."im shutting your butt down"

Thought he came off like kind of a tool, actually. Tarantino makes phenomenal movies. But he's always struck me as an egomaniac. Talking about how he's somehow created a dialogue about slavery as if it was some kind of forgotten, secret topic. Meh. Stay behind the camera imo.

I personally like him best as a writer. Aside from Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, I thought his directing was nothing special.

True Romance, Natural Born Killers, and From Dusk Till Dawn had some interesting screenplays though.

I get where Quentin is coming from but instead of avoiding the limelight by not answering his bait questions, he gave himself more of a spotlight by handling the responses the way he did.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/25/spike-lee-goes-after-django-unchained/
Didn't realize Spike Lee criticized the film (apparently without seeing it). God, this guy is such an unabashed, racist douchebag. I can't believe I used to defend him. According to him, any film concerning black history made by a white person is a priori racist regardless of how it treats the history and its characters; hell, regardless of whether it contains any palpable, authentic history at all. Django Unchained is a concept piece. It's like Inglorious Basterds where the collective opinion and atrocities committed by a historical demographic are personified in a single villain, and that villain is then made to violently suffer. Tarantino doesn't chain himself to the actual history. He's more interested in forming an emotional narrative. In this instance, I don't understand how it could possibly be more pro-black.

Pretty much everyone who has ever worked with or known him disagree with you.

I'll take their opinion over yours

I'm going to watch the OP video later, but I've seen other interviews with Tarantino in which he seems to be an egotist.

I read Tarantino talks with fans at movie theaters but doesn't sign or take pics because he sees it as a "church."

The guy is brilliant but he does seem full of himself. Maybe's he's just anti social and doesn't carry himself well in public.

I'm going to watch the OP video later, but I've seen other interviews with Tarantino in which he seems to be an egotist.

There are videos of him taken by paparazzi where he goes crazy.The guy wasn't hounding him either.He was taking photos from afar an tarantino approaches him looking to throw coffee in his face.

Just watched the vid. The reporter reminds me of Ali G with his setup trolling questions.

QT did well and made the guy look like a dumbass.

He seems like a douche in a lot of his interviews but I believe Mary Elizabeth Winstead said that he was constantly complimenting the crew on the set of Deathproof as opposed to other directors who look to criticize.

I think he's just really wary of the media.

I read Tarantino talks with fans at movie theaters but doesn't sign or take pics because he sees it as a "church."

The guy is brilliant but he does seem full of himself. Maybe's he's just anti social and doesn't carry himself well in public.

When I read that the first thing that came to mind was "that's a really Jon-Jones thing to say".

I get where Quentin is coming from but instead of avoiding the limelight by not answering his bait questions, he gave himself more of a spotlight by handling the responses the way he did.

Agreed. I understand why Quentin refused to answer his questions but he definitely showed his frustration a little too much.

When I read that the first thing that came to mind was "that's a really Jon-Jones thing to say".

QT seems more legit though. Like he's really passionate about films and get excited talking about it.

Jon Jones needs advice from his coach to get fans.

I like QT, he's one of my favorite directors, but I thought he came off as egotistical and defensive honestly.

This is the longest interview I've seen with him and I was disappointed.

Back