Taking a two year old on a plane for the first time. Tips?

Whatever Benadryl is god's gift to parents. Used rarely and at very appropriate times it is fantastic. Flights, when its been a LOOOOONG while and you have that rare weekend free time together for some love. Remember no matter how precious you find your little angel everyone else is thinking....

fuck your stuffed bear, i aint getting you shit

Kinda.

My mother is South African.

But I lived there between 2007 and 2011. Now in Malaysia.

That's close to flying from New Orleans to Dallas.

Working bud.

But only for a couple more months. I resigned in December and am moving back to Houston mid March.

Ipad! My sons first flight was chicago to houston. He watched dvd's and played with a few toys. Snacks and juice boxes are great to have. Last year we went from chicago to ft lauderdale. He played a few games on the ipad and took a nap. No benadryl was used. We rotated seats sometime in the windowand sometime in the middle between my wife and i. When you get to the airport explain to him about getting on the plane and flying and show him out the windows so he can see all the planes. Also bring a small blanket, they font give them out anymore nor do they give out the gold wings either

Also bring a small blanket, they font give them out anymore nor do they give out the gold wings either

Delta still gives out blankets and both wings (gold for pilot and silver for crew -however you have to ask for them)

yep, we have a child born in the states, south africa and now malaysia.

Make sure the lad knows that if he cries the plane will crash. Show him videos of 9/11 if he doesn't seem to get it.

just remember to not give a fuck about the other passengers.

i hadn't been on a plane in over a decade until last january. everyone with kids seemed so preoccupied with being considerate of the other passengers. let the kids do kid shit. no one's going to mind, and if they do, fuck em. it's more annoying listening to parents shush and stifle their kids than the funny things kids yell out intermittently.

as far as ears popping, good luck. it always happened to me when i was young, and it always sucked.

Don't put headphones in before you take off and leave them in until you land, made that mistake once and it took about a week for my hearing to come back to normal.

Don't sit next to Cintauro.

And if you do, for God's sake don't fall asleep or leave to use the bathroom.

took my one year old on a five hour flight to cali. he did just fine. but he rarely cries and has been an angel since birth so he might just be the exception. i think youve got the right idea with the i pad and coloring books and stuff. The one thing that would worry me is the ears popping, and theres not much you can do for that since i dont think you can really give a 2 year old gum. good look and have fun !

Don't sit next to Cintauro.

And if you do, for God's sake don't fall asleep or leave to use the bathroom.

If I were a tween, I might be more concerned about that. I do, however, have three cats, so he may jump in my lap thinking I am a cat sue to always being covered in hair.

Snacks (helps with the popping ears) and just plan on spending all your time interacting with him. As long as you can keep him busy, he'll be fine.

Source: Flown with small children (my own) quite a few times.

Just tell him he's more likely to die on the way to the airport

Back