Taking a two year old on a plane for the first time. Tips?

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Family trip to Florida coming up in two days. Son is a little over two. We have taken long car rides(6 hours) with varying results. This will be the first time he has ever even seen an airplane, let alone been on one with the exception when he was still a developing embryo, but he does not remember that.

Any tips?

I doubt he will sleep. Crayons. Cartoons on the ipad. A few books. Snacks. Short flight, 1.5 hours.

I am in particular, worried about him getting scared and his ears popping.

Rent a car and drive there.

An hour and a half should be fine. A bit of booze before hand and it won't be an issue.

every plane trip i've ever taken was marred by a crying baby

the horra...

Family trip to Florida coming up in two days. Son is a little over two. We have taken long car rides(6 hours) with varying results. This will be the first time he has ever even seen an airplane, let alone been on one with the exception when he was still a developing embryo, but he does not remember that.

Any tips?

I doubt he will sleep. Crayons. Cartoons on the ipad. A few books. Snacks. Short flight, 1.5 hours.

I am in particular, worried about him getting scared and his ears popping.

Ask for Pilots wings (gold) and Flight attendant Wings (silver) when you preboard (because you have a child under 3 they will allow you to board first -those should keep him occupied for about 5 minutes :)

Ask for Pilots wings (gold) and Flight attendant Wings (silver) when you preboard (because you have a child under 3 they will allow you to board first -those should keep him occupied for about 5 minutes :)

Yeah, then he stabs me in the head with the wings and laughs at me.

Just tell him he's a airplane gunner and he should keep a eye out for any other airplane. If he see one he should make a "gun finger" and point at airplane and go "pew pew!"

Also tell him every time he see a building he should say "BOOM" so the pilot know to drop the bomb!

Just tell him he's a airplane gunner and he should keep a eye out for any other airplane. If he see one he should make a "gun finger" and point at airplane and go "pew pew!"

Also tell him every time he see a building he should say "BOOM" so the pilot know to drop the bomb!

Going to florida. Even a two year old knows that no one wastes a bomb on trailer courts.

Put it in the overhead compartment . You will make the flight better for everyone .

Some doctor's recommend benadryl in small dosages. You can read up on it yourself to determine whether or not you'd want to do that. From personal experience, I also recommend tablets or phones with childrens games. It'll help, at least for a little while.

Rag, chloroform.

Court order. I can't have any chloroform, panel vans, or more than a single serving of candy at a time. Something to do with a halloween prank. The mother over-reacted.

Some doctor's recommend benadryl in small dosages. You can read up on it yourself to determine whether or not you'd want to do that.

I would not drug him, but he has been on benadryl because of a cold, so I guess I could keep it up another day or so.

People will probably hate you if he starts making a fuss.

Better to accept it and make the best out of it.

Teach him a few simple verses of the Quran to recite while flying, that ought to keep him calm.

Back