Taking a two year old on a plane for the first time. Tips?

listen. just relax. if he cries don't stress about it. buy him some chewy candy or some gum for take off and landing. the iPad is a great idea. it's good to preboard. get to the airport with plenty of time, buy him snacks, drinks at the airport kiosks. tell him how cool it's going to be.

the most important thing is, just relax. I know some guys freak out if their start crying. don't stress fuck the rest of the people, just handle it the best you can.

wear a shirt that says I'm sorry and put whiskey in his juice bottle

People will probably hate you if he starts making a fuss.

Better to accept it and make the best out of it.

Hopefully, they are smart enough to keep it to themselves. If not, they surely know where the emergency doors are from the informative charade display performed by the stewardess.

Family trip to Florida coming up in two days. Son is a little over two. We have taken long car rides(6 hours) with varying results. This will be the first time he has ever even seen an airplane, let alone been on one with the exception when he was still a developing embryo, but he does not remember that.

Any tips?

I doubt he will sleep. Crayons. Cartoons on the ipad. A few books. Snacks. Short flight, 1.5 hours.

I am in particular, worried about him getting scared and his ears popping.

benadryl yw

Hopefully, they are smart enough to keep it to themselves. If not, they surely know where the emergency doors are from the informative charade display performed by the stewardess.

Haha, lets hope so buddy.

I've never been to bothered by fussy children on flights, then again I'm usually smart enough to bring a pair of headphones and a book.

Wear a turban and carry the Koran. Should make the trip exciting for the little guy.

Haha, lets hope so buddy.

I've never been to bothered by fussy children on flights, then again I'm usually smart enough to bring a pair of headphones and a book.

I spent over 14 hours on a flight(including 4-5 hours on tarmac) to Italy in 2009. I was stuck between a screaming child and an elderly woman who shat herself. There was no air in the plane, and my wife and I were sharin a bag of gummy worms to breathe something besides shite. We made comments when getting off of the plane of being away from the poor old woman. She actually crapped through her sweat pants. Turns out, she was in our tour group.

How about letting him play on the IPAD on takeoff?

...sorry Tomax's was better.

Don't pre-board.

Board very last. The less time in the confined space, the better. You could cut fifteen minutes off this way.

Don't pre-board.

Board very last. The less time in the confined space, the better. You could cut fifteen minutes off this way.

I have been debating that. I may let him run around and burn off some energy. My wife is three mons preggo, so I will be chasing him down, and carrying all the luggage. I may save the drugs for my own damn self.

I spent over 14 hours on a flight(including 4-5 hours on tarmac) to Italy in 2009. I was stuck between a screaming child and an elderly woman who shat herself. There was no air in the plane, and my wife and I were sharin a bag of gummy worms to breathe something besides shite. We made comments when getting off of the plane of being away from the poor old woman. She actually crapped through her sweat pants. Turns out, she was in our tour group.

That my friend, is absolutely vile.

I try to keep my flights short and sweet if I can, then again I haven't traveled abroad much.

I'm a USA hermit.

They're all fucking you up with their germs, perfumes, and ugly faces--make no apologies for your kid.

I have been debating that. I may let him run around and burn off some energy. My wife is three mons preggo, so I will be chasing him down, and carrying all the luggage. I may save the drugs for my own damn self.

I don't think the confined space is the issue on a flight that short. I fly every week for the last 5 years and see this play out all the time.

If a child is brought on last they are freaked out by the frenetic activity, noise and situation and cannot sit still because of their curiosity and fears.

If you board first, the child can sit in you lap and peer over the seat and watch the plane gradually fill and aclimate to the critical mass of a packed plane. Then they are comfortable wth the situation.

this trumps any of my morbidly obese, smelly, or drunk passenger nightmare stories.

the air pressure will be the likely culprit if he starts crying.

if he uses a dummy or a pacifier or whatever you call it, make sure he has it in his mouth a few minutes before the plane takes off and again before the descent.

Back