Taking a two year old on a plane for the first time. Tips?

Well, I guess there are different views but my daughter does better without preboarding.

The difference between 1.5 and 2 hours on a plane could mean the difference between distraction and meltdown.

You could probably eat up 20 mins with books, 20 with an ipad game, 20 with a notepad and pen, 20 with a show and 10 with a slow trip to the washroom.

I'm flying on Jan 3 for a total of 6 hours, but with a 5 year old, so no concerns.

this trumps any of my morbidly obese, smelly, or drunk passenger nightmare stories.

Completely ruined my run at official mile high club member(already a member, but I thought I would try it with a partner and not an single serving airline fifi). Anyway, I sneak into the bathroom mid-flight, and the shitty underwear are in the garbage. I decided against it, and I am trying to bust out while my wife is trying to sneak in.

I flew with my 3yr old on a 16hr flight, and he was ok throughout. Heres what I did; when we first got on the plane after everyones sat I let him have the window seat, then I talked to him as the plane took off so he wouldnt get scard, I then alternated telling him stories and putting on cartoons till we landed.

Completely ruined my run at official mile high club member(already a member, but I thought I would try it with a partner and not an single serving airline fifi). Anyway, I sneak into the bathroom mid-flight, and the shitty underwear are in the garbage. I decided against it, and I am trying to bust out while my wife is trying to sneak in.

This suddenly became a scene in a Jud Apatow film. lulz.

ipad should buy you an hour. After that all bets are off.

I flew with my 3yr old on a 16hr flight, and he was ok throughout. Heres what I did; when we first got on the plane after everyones sat I let him have the window seat, then I talked to him as the plane took off so he wouldnt get scard, I then alternated telling him stories and putting on cartoons till we landed.

I have a lot of movies downloaded. I plan to start with the Twilght Zone. My son is a big John Lithgow fan ever since Dexter. So I will probably start there. Then, we will watch some mother fucking snakes on a plane. If there is any time left, I have a few episodes of Timmy Time, which despite the bad acting and claymation, he loves.

Well, I guess there are different views but my daughter does better without preboarding.

The difference between 1.5 and 2 hours on a plane could mean the difference between distraction and meltdown.

You could probably eat up 20 mins with books, 20 with an ipad game, 20 with a notepad and pen, 20 with a show and 10 with a slow trip to the washroom.

I'm flying on Jan 3 for a total of 6 hours, but with a 5 year old, so no concerns.

Well, it's a fare point that several factors affect the validity of mine or your statement either way -so a parent would need to gauge this on a case by case for what the child is like around new environments and strangers

but usually a flight under 2 hours doesn't seem to bother most children (except pressure on the ears) -especially toddlers -the infants are usually the criers for a duration of a flight.

I had an infant cry the whole way after being upgraded to first class this year to LA. I didn't even know they allowed infants in first class until then. -however this kind of stuff doesn't bother me -If a crying baby is the worse thing to happen to me that day I will count myself lucky.

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

678fb9b5b620c23ad3ef1c313b27c0b5.jpeg

get upgraded to 1st class and leave the kid with your preggo wife in coach..

Give him Melatonin so he'll sleep the whole time.

We did a flight from bahrain to US with our 2 y/o and our 1 y/o.....1.5 hours is nothin'. iPad, maybe a little benadryl....practice your apologetic smile and have a few drinks before boarding.

My 4 year olds first trip was from Cape Town to Houston (via Johannesburg & Doha). She was only 2 at the time. She handled the flight better than most of the adults on the plane.

How long was the s Africa trip?

My wife finds any advice about drugging children very upsetting. Apparently, the chloroform left memory gaps.

Cape Town to Johannesburg - 2 hours
Johannesburg to Doha - 8 hours
Doha to Houston - 16 hours

and then back a month later

Put him in charge of a heavy carry on bag in the terminal so dragging it around tires him out.

How long was the s Africa trip?

My wife finds any advice about drugging children very upsetting. Apparently, the chloroform left memory gaps.

Whatever Benadryl is god's gift to parents. Used rarely and at very appropriate times it is fantastic. Flights, when its been a LOOOOONG while and you have that rare weekend free time together for some love. Remember no matter how precious you find your little angel everyone else is thinking....

Back