Tai Tuivasa thinks he should get a 50k bonus for drinking out of a shoe

TITS

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

The undefeated heavyweight prospect picked up a solid victory in his home country of Australia, stopping Cyril Asker with a series of hard elbows and punches, while also pulling off a “shoey” — where he chugged a beer from a shoe on his way from the Octagon to the backstage area of the Perth Arena.

Yet, despite his two memorable feats outside and inside the Octagon, Tuivasa didn’t get one of the four $50,000 Fight Night bonuses awarded in Perth, Western Australia. And “Bam Bam” was not happy about that, to say the least.

“What more do they want us to do?” Tuivasa told reporters at the UFC 221 post-fight press conference. “I should’ve gotten 50K just for the shoey.”

During the broadcast, it was unclear as to where the shoe came from or whom it belonged to. But Tuivasa confirmed with reporters that it wasn’t familiar footwear.

“Of course it was a random shoe, anybody’s shoe,” Tuivasa said.

“I think we both should’ve gotten Performance of the Night and I think everyone else thought we should’ve gotten Performance of the Night,” Tuivasa explained. “He (Tyson Pedro) almost ripped somebody’s arm off, and I like elbowed (Cyril Asker) back to France and f*cking nothing. Now I have to go home and cry all night.”

The 24-year-old Tuivasa — who’s now 7-0 in his professional MMA career — also took to Twitter following the fight to voice his discontent for not getting a bonus.

Is this guy serious? Not only should he not get a bonus, but he should be fined for his unsportsmanlike conduct and for making everyone sick.

Maybe he should consider doing something about his problematic drinking habits before lambasting the UFC then crying about it on Twitter.

At least Al Iaquinta had a legitimate grievance about not getting a bonus when he took to Twitter to complain. He also didn't drink beer out of a fucking shoe on live television.

<{clintugh}>

What's he going to do next, put an audience member's soiled underwear over his head and run around the arena like a drunken frat boy and embarrass himself (and the entire organization) again then demand another bonus? This is incredibly unprofessional behavior and he's lucky the UFC didn't cancel his contract.

<{danayeah}>

Tai Tuivasa thinks he should get a 50k bonus for drinking out of a dirty shoe.

<DisgustingHHH>

I Concur

Plus his 100lb hellbows that knocked his opponent clear into Bolivian-Ville.

Hunto has taught him well

Was he really responding to the first tweet though TS? I don't see anything to suggest in his post that he was...

He should get docked for tainting my enjoyment of alcohol with thoughts of how sweaty and vile that chug was...
Disgusted.gif

LOL alot of guys triggered that he drank out of a shoe.

But then they'll eat stuff like pig intestines, and raw oysters...

To each their own I guess

shrug.png

qoAggsG.png

Last edited:
This shooe or whatever the fuck drinking out of a shoe is called is fucking gross. I really hope this trends goes away fast. He should get a fine not a bonus. That shit is nasty

Hunto has taught him well

Was he really responding to the first tweet though TS? I don't see anything to suggest in his post that he was...

I don't know about the tweet, but he definitely complained about not getting a bonus.

Are we sure that was what he was referring to and not his lovely KO?

Is it possible, that maybe...?

1- he ktfo Cyril Askers

2- He drank out of a shoe

3- when he tweeted about a bonus, he was referring to the KO.... you know, the thing that they actually give bonuses for (knocking someone the fuck out)
... which he did earlier that day?

Yeah, I totally tweet nasty messages to the FIA every time Daniel Ricciardo drinks Champaign out of his shoe on the Formula One podium.

But seriously, for Christ's sake. You all are watching a very alpha male sport bitching about somebody drinking out of a shoe. I don't hear complains from racing fans and racing is much more tame than professional fighting.......

And mind you, Ricciardo drinks it out of the shoe he's been racing in for nearly two hours in hot weather. Y'all can make something out of nothing

Are we sure that was what he was referring to and not his lovely KO?

Both actually. Not only does he think he should be compensated for delivering a flabby elbow to an even flabbier opponent (with a 2-3 record), he thinks he should be rewarded FOR DRINKING BEER OUT OF A FUCKING SHOE. Just think about that for second before you reply again.

Pretty much any drunken idiot in a bar would do the same...he already got the free beer, what else does he want?

Pretty much any drunken idiot in a bar would do the same...he already got the free beer, what else does he want?

He wants $50,000...that's the problem. Dana should just send him a case a beer and a box of old shoes with a note saying "Here's your bonus you disgusting slob, now get your act together."

Is this guy serious? Not only should he not get a bonus, but he should be fined for his unsportsmanlike conduct and for making everyone sick.

Maybe he should consider doing something about his problematic drinking habits before lambasting the UFC then crying about it on Twitter.

At least Al Iaquinta had a legitimate grievance about not getting a bonus when he took to Twitter to complain. He also didn't drink beer out of a fucking shoe on live television.

<{clintugh}>

What's he going to do next, put an audience member's soiled underwear over his head and run around the arena like a drunken frat boy and embarrass himself (and the entire organization) again then demand another bonus? This is incredibly unprofessional behavior and he's lucky the UFC didn't cancel his contract.

<{danayeah}>

Tai Tuivasa thinks he should get a 50k bonus for drinking out of a dirty shoe.

<DisgustingHHH>

Both actually. Not only does he think he should be compensated for delivering a flabby elbow to an even flabbier opponent (with a 2-3 record), he thinks he should be rewarded FOR DRINKING BEER OUT OF A FUCKING SHOE. Just think about that for second before you reply again.
You know, for a guy named TITS you really are kind of a stick in the mud.

I'll rather eat a tide pod than drink outta some random dirty shoe nasty af.

Back