Tai Tuivasa thinks he should get a 50k bonus for drinking out of a shoe

Is this guy serious? Not only should he not get a bonus, but he should be fined for his unsportsmanlike conduct and for making everyone sick.

Maybe he should consider doing something about his problematic drinking habits before lambasting the UFC then crying about it on Twitter.

At least Al Iaquinta had a legitimate grievance about not getting a bonus when he took to Twitter to complain. He also didn't drink beer out of a fucking shoe on live television.

<{clintugh}>

What's he going to do next, put an audience member's soiled underwear over his head and run around the arena like a drunken frat boy and embarrass himself (and the entire organization) again then demand another bonus? This is incredibly unprofessional behavior and he's lucky the UFC didn't cancel his contract.

<{danayeah}>

Tai Tuivasa thinks he should get a 50k bonus for drinking out of a dirty shoe.

<DisgustingHHH>

Travel more.. a "shoey" is a very popular tradition amongst athletes and "warriors", in Australia. He did that out of celebration and was being sarcastic that he thought it was worth 50k.. He was mainly referencing the fact he won in the first round, again, in his home country and didn't get a 50k bonus, nor did Tyson, his teammate.

I don't know about the tweet, but he definitely complained about not getting a bonus.

WTF with the thread title then? Just playing make believe to get a little attention?

Americans have serious trouble understanding British humor, let alone Australian.

The dude was joking.

Edit: TS has TITS as his username, super mature

Last edited:
It's a joke, you humorless bastard. Go outside some time.

I'll rather eat a tide pod than drink outta some random dirty shoe nasty af.

Yeah, load your stomach with chemicals that can definitely kill you instead of drinking antiseptic beer that kills bacteria. People in the Middle Ages didnt use to drink water for a reason. Everybody drank weak beer all day long.

WTF with the thread title then? Just playing make believe to get a little attention?

No, dumbass. There are plenty of articles on other MMA sites about it, I just can't link them directly because this site has some of them word-filtered. Try google.

Yeah, negative exposure. Plus, this is going to follow this guy around for the rest if his career. No matter what happens in the future, he'll always be known as "that MMA fighter who drank beer out of a shoe." His reputation is tarnished.
Negative exposure to who? You seem to be the only one taking issue. Reputation tarnished according to who of importance in his career?

No, dumbass. There are plenty of articles on other MMA sites about it, I just can't link them directly because this site has some of them word-filtered. Try google.

Try fuck off

Americans have serious trouble understanding British humor, let alone Australian.

The dude was joking.
Not all Americans.. just the liberal millenials, and 40yr old virgins in mommies basement playing keyboard trainer.

So the Formula One Driver who does it out of his race shoes, is disgusting too? Or simply following tradition, that you obviously do not grasp. Alpha males tend to do Alpha things.. while betas, and the insecure, question it and think negative of it.

Ok, so drinking out of another guy's dirty shoe is "alpha male" behavior and anyone who objects to it is "beta" or "insecure"? And it's cool because race car drivers do it too? Solid logic.

He should have got a bonus instead of that cheaty eye gouging prick.

You're trying too hard... The Gifs in the opening post gives it away.

I think most who watched his post-fight Press Conference... got to know more about his personality... got a few good laughs... was like WTF at the shoe thing, but right away you're given the impression its just a thing they do down there for laughs..... I think many of us laughed it off... and then forget about it.

Not start a thread and try to discredit Tai's performance in the cage. If you watched the conference, he was pissed in a polite joking way (but you can still tell he was pissed) that the two locals (him and Pedro) didn't get any bonuses.... when Pedro had a sick sub... and Tai destroyed his opponent.

He puts everything out there to entertain the fans. Says he doesn't care if he loses.. he just wants a good scrap for the fans.

Dude is hilarious...if you don't take yourself too seriously.

Also love how he walked up to Blaydes face to face, after someone told him Blaydes called him out...Blaydes said something like "I was just angry, I didn't mean it"....lol to which Tai shrugged his shoulders.

You're trying too hard... The Gifs in the opening post gives it away.

I think most who watched his post-fight Press Conference... got to know more about his personality... got a few good laughs... was like WTF at the shoe thing, but right away you're given the impression its just a thing they do down there for laughs..... I think many of us laughed it off... and then forget about it.

Not start a thread and try to discredit Tai's performance in the cage. If you watched the conference, he was pissed in a polite joking way (but you can still tell he was pissed) that the two locals (him and Pedro) didn't get any bonuses.... when Pedro had a sick sub... and Tai destroyed his opponent.

He puts everything out there to entertain the fans. Says he doesn't care if he loses.. he just wants a good scrap for the fans.

Dude is hilarious...if you don't take yourself too seriously.

Also love how he walked up to Blaydes face to face, after someone told him Blaydes called him out...Blaydes said something like "I was just angry, I didn't mean it"....lol to which Tai shrugged his shoulders.

"You're trying too hard" says the guy who just typed 5 paragraphs defending someone who drank beer out of a nasty ass fucking shoe on PPV.

Also, Curtis Blaydes would put this guy in a coma.

"You're trying too hard" says the guy who just typed 5 paragraphs defending someone who drank beer out of a nasty ass fucking shoe on PPV.

Also, Curtis Blaydes would put this guy in a coma.

In a coma? By what? Laying on him to death? Tai isn't Mark Hunt of 2018.

Are you always like this? Wrong about shit? Craving attention?

Seems a lot of people on this board don't understand the fine Australian art of taking the piss. Because he's clearly taking the piss.

Back