T.J. Dillashaw shut down Cruz and his title shot

Cruz doesn't deserve the title shot. He's coming off a loss, and has been sidelined due to injuries for the majority of the last 7 years.

Let him win a couple like TJ had to do
I totally agree with TJ. I mean, does he not get a say in anything? It took him forever to get a title shot and had to fight two killers to get back. Cruz can follow the process too.

Umm. That tweet is kind of proving that TJ is scared.

He wanted the rematch when he had nothing to lose. Now that he has to put something on the line, he doesn't want to risk his belt.
Did you even read his tweet? Dom won’t get a title shot off of a loss because TJ didn’t get a title shot off of a loss. Dom is barely ranked at this point due to inactivity.

Actually don't remind seeing the rematch again, but I think Dom should rematch with Cody again.

Cruz beat tj and now tj dont want to try and avenge that loss, thats weird.

His wife is fine
TJ-Dillashaw-contrajo-Rebecca-Reynoso_MILIMA20140629_0466_8.jpg

<KingstonFrown>

On the real though, if you look at wins and losses what really makes sense is TJ vs Assuncao trilogy and Cruz vs Moraes
This absolutely makes the most sense but unfortunately sells the fewest PPV's, so the UFC won't go that way.

I think TJ needs DC more than he realizes. Everyone wants to cancel out their loses, and DC has one over him.

Give him the fight. Destroy DC and move on. Cody's done.

Personally I think a TJ vs Cejudo would be a crazy fight that I'm go see in person no what where it was held. Both guys bring it.

Except you did lose to Dom, TJ. And to Assuncao. TJ's on fire right now, and could become the BW goat, but he's gotta beat Dom to do it. I like Dom and hope he wins the rematch, but let's face it, he's not getting any younger and at this point i'm not surprised if he gets injured.

I'm not a professional MMA figher, but if I was, I feel like I'd jump at the chance to fight the guy who decision'd me, especially if I did twice knock out the guy who beat him.
Just remember, when he decisioned YOU a dominant champ at the time with a huge win over a p4p best in the sport of the time, he didn't give YOU a rematch. that's the difference here. Make him fight assuncao and lineker.

It’s official.

Tj is ducking Henry cejudo and now Cruz.

Some sad shit.

Its the fight to make though. I thought TJ won the 1st fight but it was close, he needs to make it definitive.
Exactly. Moraes probably deserves it more, but from a sales perspective, Cruz will be a bigger draw. Also, in the legacy/Goat argument, a win over Cruz kinda cements it, he should be pushing this fight.

Assuncao and Moraes deserve it before Cruz.
Considering all champions got quick rematches, Cruz should absolutely be given one.
He was the top dog till his injury and coming back from it with a bad leg he went to a close dec with TJ, the guy who destroys everyone.

Assuming he is healthy and can fight, he should get the next shot regardless of losing to Cody.
About Asuncao and Moraes, refresh my memory, have ether of them beaten or are likely to beat Cody?
Especially the pre-injury version of Cody that Cruz fought

I understand TJ as well as Dom. By any means: would love that fight! But Dominic had so many injuries, I doubt he will survive 2 fights without injuries.
Think about it: Dom wins again against TJ (which I do not believe) and is then injured again for 1-2 years. Nobody wants that, because it's the next division that stands still. Or the UFC creates a new and unnecessary interim belt!
I think Dominic should make it into a fight at all. But he definitely deserves a title fight after that! That's the only way to find out who is the GOAT in the division!

By that logic, I guess that means TJ needs to go beat a Flyweight.

dodson-dillashaw-ko.gif

Back